Columbus Bishop Hartley 51 Wheelersburg 20

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Columbus Bishop Hartley 51 Wheelersburg 20

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Let’s get some thoughts on this game. I know the hawks have had the burgs number in recent years in the playoffs but have the two ever met in the regular season.

Cal Preps:

Bishop Hartley 28
Burg 27

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: WK 2: Wheelersburg @ Columbus Bishop Hartley

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be a slug fest

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I think this is going to be a great game! Hartley is coming off a 42-17 loss last night and will no doubt be on the rebound to get back on the winning track. All 17 of Hartley’s points came in the 4th quarter. Burg has a lot to work on after last night’s performance and I know the players and coaches will be up to the task to work on getting better. Can’t wait for Friday!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Tough road game for the pirates... probably a 2 score game, could go either way.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

This will test the will of this Pirate team. Slug fest? Maybe. Or it could go south in a hurry.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I wouldnt read too much into the Hartley loss, Toledo CC is a D2 power, and lost the Regional Title last year to the eventual D2 champ.

This will be a test for Burg, but nothing theyre not used to doing.

I think Hartley will come out on top, but pulling for the Pirates to get it done!

Good Luck Burg.

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

Like coop said, Tol. CC is a large school power. Hartley will be bigger & stronger at almost every position than Burg, I will be shocked if Hartley doesn't win by 20+.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good Luck Burg

I think Burg wins by 13 or loses a heart breaker

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

If burg keeps this game within 3 scores it would be a good showing

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

People will be surprised the outcome of this one. Burg loves the challenges

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Burg might lose but they do play a great schedule compared to other teams in in our area. Yes burg is going to have their hands full but I bet they show up ready, it’s just if they didn’t have to replace so many linemen on offense. I watched last night burg running different combinations in but none delivered!! I bet by 3-4 game of season burg will have their boys right up front. Defense is nasty and stingy and special teams are a great package. If they get the O figured out close ballgame, but if it looks like team against Ironton big trouble against D-II power team!!

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Wobycat,

I agree with you! This game will not be close. Hartley is not as good as they have been in the past. Wheelersburg is very good and loaded with great talent.

Plus I would not read too much into the Ironton score. Ironton played very well and Wheelersburg lost their edge after the 2 early scores! This week will be a minimum of 3 scores!!!!

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

14U wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:13 pm Burg might lose but they do play a great schedule compared to other teams in in our area. Yes burg is going to have their hands full but I bet they show up ready, it’s just if they didn’t have to replace so many linemen on offense. I watched last night burg running different combinations in but none delivered!! I bet by 3-4 game of season burg will have their boys right up front. Defense is nasty and stingy and special teams are a great package. If they get the O figured out close ballgame, but if it looks like team against Ironton big trouble against D-II power team!!
Burgs secondary whiffed on a lot of open field tackles
Ironton also had a man behind the secondary that would have been a td if the QB would have hit him
Need to clean that up

14U
S

Post by 14U »

JTEK wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:48 pm
14U wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:13 pm Burg might lose but they do play a great schedule compared to other teams in in our area. Yes burg is going to have their hands full but I bet they show up ready, it’s just if they didn’t have to replace so many linemen on offense. I watched last night burg running different combinations in but none delivered!! I bet by 3-4 game of season burg will have their boys right up front. Defense is nasty and stingy and special teams are a great package. If they get the O figured out close ballgame, but if it looks like team against Ironton big trouble against D-II power team!!
Burgs secondary whiffed on a lot of open field tackles
Ironton also had a man behind the secondary that would have been a td if the QB would have hit him
Need to clean that up
Yep ur probably right. Missed it because I watch the line play, love my fat uglys, lol

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If Mathews doesn't play that will be a huge loss for Burg. He needs to get more touches out of the backfield plus he makes a difference on defense.

Look for Holden to get more touches in this game. Last week he saw about 5-6 balls thrown his way and nothing really on the fly. Sure, Ironton held him in check but most of his catches were in traffic surrounded by about 4-5 defenders. They should be able to contain him in that situation.

This will be the toughest team Burg plays in the regular season but Burg will show up.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Wheelersburg doesn’t stand a chance in this game.. their run game isn’t up to par this year and things won’t go well for them in this game. Some may think that burg will show up buts it’s HIGHLY doubtful... they aren’t ready for this one..

Prediction:
Wheelersburg: 10
Columbus Bishop Hartley: 34

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I've learned that when the Burg gets doubted, they rise to the occasion.

Not saying they will win this game but in no way do I see this game getting out of hand as some predict.

I'll give them a 60% chance of winning just because they have a winning mentality.

They certainly have some things to work on from the Ironton game. Woodward and his staff have been known to not only make the most of these opportunities but Burg always gets better as the seasons goes on. That's good coaching.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:28 pm I've learned that when the Burg gets doubted, they rise to the occasion.

Not saying they will win this game but in no way do I see this game getting out of hand as some predict.

I'll give them a 60% chance of winning just because they have a winning mentality.

They certainly have some things to work on from the Ironton game. Woodward and his staff have been known to not only make the most of these opportunities but Burg always gets better as the seasons goes on. That's good coaching.
No way they have a 60% chance of winning this game.. teams in Columbus are no joke. I’d say they have a 10-20% chance of winning if that. The Bishop defense will force 3-5 turnovers and control the line of scrimmage.

McBuckets
Waterboy

Post by McBuckets »

BananaSC74 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:33 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:28 pm I've learned that when the Burg gets doubted, they rise to the occasion.

No way they have a 60% chance of winning this game.. teams in Columbus are no joke. I’d say they have a 10-20% chance of winning if that. The Bishop defense will force 3-5 turnovers and control the line of scrimmage.
They have a 60% chance of scoring 60 points. CBH is pure, uncut garbage. Would be surprised if the score 10 points, if any. My prediction:
Wheelersburg: 53
Columbus Bishop Hartley: 3

Return to “Football”