Martins Ferry 38 Nelsonville-York 0

indianabuck
All State

Martins Ferry 38 Nelsonville-York 0

Post by indianabuck »

New week 2 opponent for NY. Will they improve enough to beat this traditionally strong program?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Martins Ferry (1-0) @ Nelsonville-York ( 0-1)

Post by Orange and Brown »

Kids have some work to do.
The main thing is someone needs to step up and lead this team.
I look for these young men to wake up this week and realize that 2017 isn't going to win them any games. My hope is that a couple of our kids step up and become the leaders they are supposed to be.
Coach Richards and staff will work hard to correct the mistakes.
I think we will see a different team this Friday night.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Agree O&B.. I think the bucks bounce back this week and get a big win at home. Adjustments will be made and I think the Trimble game was a big wake up call. Bucks win.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:07 am Agree O&B.. I think the bucks bounce back this week and get a big win at home. Adjustments will be made and I think the Trimble game was a big wake up call. Bucks win.

I think this will either be a great game or Nelsonville will get blown out!. I don't think they will get blown out because of their defense. Ferry lost alot of key players from a team that went to the playoffs and lost 10-6 to Portsmouth West , and they even have a new coach. To that they bring back 17 letterman and the new coach uses the same system and has brought a few things from his college coach from Mt Union.

They won week 1 against a team that went 0-10 last year in Buckeye Local and gave up 26 points. Martins Ferry teams are always tough hard hitting! I am going to go with Martins Ferry by a touchdown. I think the 2 hour trip may take a little toll on them .

Here is their team preview. http://www.timesleaderonline.com/specia ... t-ferry-2/

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

wch125 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:41 am
NY BUCK wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:07 am Agree O&B.. I think the bucks bounce back this week and get a big win at home. Adjustments will be made and I think the Trimble game was a big wake up call. Bucks win.

I think this will either be a great game or Nelsonville will get blown out!. I don't think they will get blown out because of their defense. Ferry lost alot of key players from a team that went to the playoffs and lost 10-6 to Portsmouth West , and they even have a new coach. To that they bring back 17 letterman and the new coach uses the same system and has brought a few things from his college coach from Mt Union.

They won week 1 against a team that went 0-10 last year in Buckeye Local and gave up 26 points. Martins Ferry teams are always tough hard hitting! I am going to go with Martins Ferry by a touchdown. I think the 2 hour trip may take a little toll on them .

Here is their team preview. http://www.timesleaderonline.com/specia ... t-ferry-2/
Thanks for the info, I have little to no knowledge about Martins Ferry besides they are a traditionally good football program. I think it will be a great game at a great venue between two great football programs. Ready for Friday already lol

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

I went and watched Martins Ferry vs Buckeye local and although Buckeye local did score 26 it wasn’t until the 4th qrt and Martins Ferry was already up 42-0. Martins Ferry like to run up the middle most of the time #24 is their main guy who runs it most times. Kid is built but seems to put his head down so can be tackled pretty easy if you wrap up. Quarterback throws a bullet pass when they do throw so if we keep our hands up we could probably knock a few down. To me he also projects where he is gonna throw and like I said straight on passes so if we pay attention we could prolly pick some off as well. But I do agree that we can either beat Martins Ferry if we get our offense worked out or it could be another long game for us if not. But I believe we have a team that can beat them if the teams wants it.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Good luck MF
I think their defense is the key to the win.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Ferry in a close one..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Danzig
Waterboy

Post by Danzig »

Will this game be online for Ferry fans who can't make the game?

Buckeyguy81
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyguy81 »

Im from the ohio valley and i follow my alma matter Martins Ferry yes we played buckeye local on Thursday night but i can tell u they never scored 26 points on ferry the final was 42 to 6 with them getting a touchdown in the 4th quarter on the reserves and ferry does have a new coach this year which he is also the defense coordinator and he is also tweaking the offense cause ferry had 400 total yards of offense against buckeye local but it was a balanced attack as ferry had almost 200 yards passing and a little over 200 yards rushing and the quaterback is only a junior and has been starting since his freshman year

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I’ll take Martins Ferry

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

The key to the game will be if the Buckeyes can figure out our offense. If the offense gets fixed I believe we can beat Martins Ferry by 2 scores. If not, Martins Ferry could easily run away with it.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

nybucksgrad06 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:20 pm The key to the game will be if the Buckeyes can figure out our offense. If the offense gets fixed I believe we can beat Martins Ferry by 2 scores. If not, Martins Ferry could easily run away with it.
Im not sure if the Buckeyes win by 2 scores even if you fix the offense , maybe last year. Do you guys have many weapons back?

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

No doubt Ferry is a run the ball team , tailback 225, QB a three year starter.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Martins Ferry being a running team is good for Nelsonville-York because their pass defense is horrific.
The only way I see NY having a chance to win this game is to play hard nosed D. Have no turnovers. And don’t even attempt to have a passing game. Keep Keagan in the wildcat and run run run!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Danzig wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:56 pm Will this game be online for Ferry fans who can't make the game?
yes.

streamed here ... http://streamdb3web.securenetsystems.net/v5/WXTQ

RespectAllFearNone
Freshman Team

Post by RespectAllFearNone »

Ferry by big.

Bernie Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Bernie Kosar »

After watching Trimble run at will against NY last night not sure how that could be a good thing ArmchairQB that a a team known for rushing is coming to Boston field. Adjustments I'm sure are coming so we shall see.

Danzig
Waterboy

Post by Danzig »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:31 pm
Danzig wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:56 pm Will this game be online for Ferry fans who can't make the game?
yes.

streamed here ... http://streamdb3web.securenetsystems.net/v5/WXTQ
Thank you very much.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Ferry will roll big!

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”