Coal Grove 21 Valley 20

Matt77
Varsity

Coal Grove 21 Valley 20

Post by Matt77 »

Coal Grove coming off a win, Valley coming off a tough loss. Who y’all got? I’ll take the Grove in this one.

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Week 2 : Coal Grove @ Lucasville Valley

Post by BurgGrad6 »

This should be a fun game to watch!! Good luck valley!!!

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

If grove line shows up to play they should win,but it should be a good one.... Go big grove!!!

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Valley D is going to have to play better because CG had more then one play maker I know the Parker kid is a stud but Valley will have to watch for more then just one player this week

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

If the o-line play gets better and the defense keeps improving then this game is the Grove's. If we play like we did last week then this game will be closer than most Grovers want it to be.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Looking forward to this weekend...happen to be passing through the area and will get to take this one in live. 1st Valley game in about 5 years.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK2 1-0 Coal Grove @ 0-1 Valley

Post by mattash »

Should be a lot of yards.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Yeah Valley gave up almost 60 points to Portsmouth. Grove has a good offense, but grove will have to stop Valley as well grove is young but they really work hard and will keep improving... should be a good game I expect 10 points or less for whoever wins

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Going with the Grovers 33-20 Rep the OVC well!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

This will be a gut check for the Valley defense. Last week was the first time in school history where the Indians scored forty points in regulation and lost. The offense is going to be just fine. We have kids that can make plays. But this defense is going to have to find a way to make tackles. If they can fix their issues, they will be right in this game Friday. If they don't, the trip to Piketon next week will be trying to get our first win.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I believe that this is going to be a high scoring game for both offenses.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Where's all the Valley fans? I remember a time when this game thread would have been overrun with Valley fans. Not much talk either way on this one.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Going with Coal Grove 42-21. Should be a great crowd in a wonderful facility

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Valley's inability to 1. tackle and 2. make any adjustments on defense were shocking to me. Portsmouth ran about 2-3 running plays over and over and every long run was the same play over the right side.

Also Valley had a lot of players cramping against Portsmouth, they need to get that cleaned up as well.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

lineman7 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:43 pm Valley's inability to 1. tackle and 2. make any adjustments on defense were shocking to me. Portsmouth ran about 2-3 running plays over and over and every long run was the same play over the right side.

Also Valley had a lot of players cramping against Portsmouth, they need to get that cleaned up as well.
This is were I believe that the scoreboard is going to be lit up bright Friday night. I watched that Valley/Portsmouth game and I see the issues with Valley's defense. I also watched the Grove vs. River Valley and I am not sold on the Grove's defense. Yes the Grove won 47-0 but that River Valley team looked like a team that may win one game this year. I believe this game will go to the team that has the defense that bends more than it breaks.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Grove wins this by a few scores.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I feel like this is one where turnovers will be the deciding factor. Could be a 1 score game late into the 4th. I dont want to say Valley is taking a step down in athleticism, because Coal Grove is always big, strong, and athletic. that said, I think not chasing Parker around the field is a welcome task for Valley.

good Luck Indians!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

coop wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:18 am I feel like this is one where turnovers will be the deciding factor. Could be a 1 score game late into the 4th. I dont want to say Valley is taking a step down in athleticism, because Coal Grove is always big, strong, and athletic. that said, I think not chasing Parker around the field is a welcome task for Valley.

good Luck Indians!
True we may not have someone with Parkers speed (but who does) but we do have more weapons than Porstmouth which should keep Valley defense guessing all night. Should be a fun game to watch Friday.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

2trap_4ever wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:49 am
coop wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:18 am I feel like this is one where turnovers will be the deciding factor. Could be a 1 score game late into the 4th. I dont want to say Valley is taking a step down in athleticism, because Coal Grove is always big, strong, and athletic. that said, I think not chasing Parker around the field is a welcome task for Valley.

good Luck Indians!
True we may not have someone with Parkers speed (but who does) but we do have more weapons than Porstmouth which should keep Valley defense guessing all night. Should be a fun game to watch Friday.
Absolutely, Grove is a well rounded team.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think at this stage of the season that Valleys offense is a little ahead of its defense. I also know that they scored 40 pts. against PHS. Was that also because possibly PHSs offense was a lot better than there defense? I would like to see Valley win,but at this stage of the season its possible that Coal Grove may be a little better all around.

Return to “Football”