Conference for Logan

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Re: Conference for Logan

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Paladin wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:04 pm Sounds like a Trump fan.

You are going to get an education.......... And you don't think they weren't trying ?

LOL
I'm well educated in the game of life . Time is passing and I know they are working hard on getting into a new league . It's about the kids and not about anything else . Look into your crystal ball and tell me I'm going to get an education . Sounds par for the coarse old guy.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Leagues are not state run entities. They will act in their own best interest. Logan Chieftains 2017 are not an attractive candidate for the usual suspects. They are too big for more local leagues, too remote for large school leagues. Competitively, they would dominate small school leagues and for large school leagues, they would not offer much bang for the buck for football playoffs points. I speak in terms of football only now.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

dazed&confused wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:56 am Leagues are not state run entities. They will act in their own best interest. Logan Chieftains 2017 are not an attractive candidate for the usual suspects. They are too big for more local leagues, too remote for large school leagues. Competitively, they would dominate small school leagues and for large school leagues, they would not offer much bang for the buck for football playoffs points. I speak in terms of football only now.
Feel like a significant part of the problem is the league that Logan makes most sense for, MSL-Buckeye, believes the current alignment is perfect.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan's administration are the only ones to blame. This should have been dealt with awhile ago. Just get Zanesville and join the OCC Capital division. It's the worst part of the OCC

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:05 pm Logan's administration are the only ones to blame. This should have been dealt with awhile ago. Just get Zanesville and join the OCC Capital division. It's the worst part of the OCC

Dude, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

"Should have been dealt with a while ago...." - What in the world do you think the administration has been doing? The admin at Logan has been in discussion with multiple leagues and schools about membership or creation of new leagues for almost ten years. Hell, Zanesville has been trying to get into the OCC for like THIRTY years. How terrible must their administration be?

Logan has formally applied for membership in the Licking County League, Mid-State League, and the Tri-Valley Conference.

Logan has had long discussion with leagues like the FAC, ECOL, MVL, OCC about paths to membership. There was a serious discussion with the OCC. But when the Olentangy school district passed their bond issue to open Berlin High School in 2018 that door shut.

They have discussed creating new leagues with schools throught the Central, East, and Southeast district.

*NEWSFLASH* - no one at Logan can MAKE a league accept Logan as a member.

I doubt you have ever so much as SPOKEN to someone in the Logan-Hocking school district administration. I just had a long talk with decision makers at Logan High School last night.

EVERYONE involved in decision making levels at the school district level have been busting their asses to get Logan into a league.

So take your pot stirring nonsense someone else. I'll let people make stuff up when I don't know the facts. But in this case, I know the facts and I know the people involved. YOU DON'T.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Also - you don't "join the OCC Capital"

You join the OCC.

There is not a SINGLE school in the OCC from a county that is not contiguous to Franklin.

There are SIX schools that are not in Franklin or Delaware Counties. (Marysville, Newark, Lancaster, Pick North, Pick Central, and Dublin Jerome)

Tell me, if you are the OCC - why on Earth would you want Logan OR Zanesville in the league? Put yourself in their shoes. It makes NO sense.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

My, how stupid some people are. But when you come from Chicken sh!t town that turns tail and runs away from competition, you get chest banging dumbazz comments from morons like this, proving once again, tech has room for low intellect, not just geniuses.

Have gun, will travel
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:37 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:05 pm Logan's administration are the only ones to blame. This should have been dealt with awhile ago. Just get Zanesville and join the OCC Capital division. It's the worst part of the OCC

Dude, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

"Should have been dealt with a while ago...." - What in the world do you think the administration has been doing? The admin at Logan has been in discussion with multiple leagues and schools about membership or creation of new leagues for almost ten years. Hell, Zanesville has been trying to get into the OCC for like THIRTY years. How terrible must their administration be?

Logan has formally applied for membership in the Licking County League, Mid-State League, and the Tri-Valley Conference.

Logan has had long discussion with leagues like the FAC, ECOL, MVL, OCC about paths to membership. There was a serious discussion with the OCC. But when the Olentangy school district passed their bond issue to open Berlin High School in 2018 that door shut.

They have discussed creating new leagues with schools throught the Central, East, and Southeast district.

*NEWSFLASH* - no one at Logan can MAKE a league accept Logan as a member.

I doubt you have ever so much as SPOKEN to someone in the Logan-Hocking school district administration. I just had a long talk with decision makers at Logan High School last night.

EVERYONE involved in decision making levels at the school district level have been busting their asses to get Logan into a league.

So take your pot stirring nonsense someone else. I'll let people make stuff up when I don't know the facts. But in this case, I know the facts and I know the people involved. YOU DON'T.
"Hi, Athens County coroner? I need you to check up on the cause of death of this Raider fella."

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:49 pm Also - you don't "join the OCC Capital"

You join the OCC.

There is not a SINGLE school in the OCC from a county that is not contiguous to Franklin.

There are SIX schools that are not in Franklin or Delaware Counties. (Marysville, Newark, Lancaster, Pick North, Pick Central, and Dublin Jerome)

Tell me, if you are the OCC - why on Earth would you want Logan OR Zanesville in the league? Put yourself in their shoes. It makes NO sense.
Everyone knows that and that part of the league isn't very good It would make sense to add more average teams in that part of the league. Idk why Logan's administration banked off Athens coming back and saving the SEOAL. This should have been done 10 years ago. No excuses

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Best case scenario for Logan is a new division of the MSL coming together that consists mostly of the larger/D2 MSL buckeye and LCL schools.

MSL Central
Teays Valley
Hamilton Township
Canal Winchester
Licking Heights
Watkins Memorial
Logan

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Vegeta wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:04 am Best case scenario for Logan is a new division of the MSL coming together that consists mostly of the larger/D2 MSL buckeye and LCL schools.

MSL Central
Teays Valley
Hamilton Township
Canal Winchester
Licking Heights
Watkins Memorial
Logan
That looks good ...but if two lane road are involved it will not work.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Be cool if Logan and Warren could join the FAC. Traveling to far?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:59 pm
loganlocos wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:49 pm Also - you don't "join the OCC Capital"

You join the OCC.

Everyone knows that and that part of the league isn't very good It would make sense to add more average teams in that part of the league. Idk why Logan's administration banked off Athens coming back and saving the SEOAL. This should have been done 10 years ago. No excuses
So, if Logan and Zanesville are average what does that make Athens?? And I don't know if anyone banked anything on Athens coming back to a league they ran from to a league that is literally full of schools that are DIV, DV and DVI. What there is no excuse of is a school leaving a league comprised of schools that are close in size to a league that is comprised of schools not even close is size.

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Athens would have come back to the SEOAL they would have started dropping games big time and then cut and run again. Athens was the first to leave and for that they will always be known to have started the SEOAL down fall. They have a couple good years in a good small league and have never stopped bragging. Even their division was down that year which allowed them to be state runner ups. Some Athens posters think if they keep putting Logan down their start of breaking the SEOAL will go away. That will never happen.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

mattash wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:42 pm Be cool if Logan and Warren could join the FAC. Traveling to far?
Warren - Hillsboro: 138 miles, 2:30
Warren - Washington: 125 miles, 2:13 (X2, Miami Trace)
Warren - Greenfield: 122 miles, 2:13
Warren - Chillicothe: 94 miles, 1:48
Warren - Jackson: 75 miles, 1:19

Average Trip: 2 hours

So for Warren, I would say there is ZERO chance of joining the FAC. Even if Warren would consider it, no way the other 6 schools, except MAYBE Jackson, would be interested.

For Logan, still a lot of long trips:

Logan - Hillsboro: 80 miles, 1:45
Logan - Washington: 64 miles, 1:18
Logan - Greenfield: 69 miles, 1:24
Logan - Chillicothe: 42 miles, 0:59
Logan - Jackson: 41 miles, 0:59

Average trip: 1:17

So at least there aren't two hour trips and two trips under an hour for Logan. And while I KNOW that Logan would join (they did apply), I don't think the other members (except Jackson and MAYBE Chillicothe) would be interested.

Circleville is the most likely school to look at the FAC should one of the six look to move. That could open up a spot in the MSL for Logan. CVille was a member of the old SCOL (where most the FAC came from) before they moved to the Mid-State League.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:59 pm Everyone knows that and that part of the league isn't very good It would make sense to add more average teams in that part of the league. Idk why Logan's administration banked off Athens coming back and saving the SEOAL. This should have been done 10 years ago. No excuses
LOL.

No one at Logan was EVER banking on Athens coming back. People in Logan understand what Athens is: Snakes in the grass. Zero trust.

Marietta? Sure, there was a hope that Marietta might come back in the right situation. But as soon as MHS announced they were leaving Logan started exploring options.

They were IN discussions with the OCC last year. There has never been the votes to accept Logan, and once Olentangy got the okay from voters to build Berlin HS the door slammed shut. Period.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider always puts out fake news. Going to have to start calling him fox.lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I found a solution for Logan. Break up the school

Logan Chefs
Gibsonville Tigers
Haydensville Hawks
Rock Bridge Red Raiders
South Bloomington Dodgers
Union Furnace Warriors

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens might want to break up their school.The Plains and Dover...wasn't for these two schools Athens would be in the other division of the TVC and would have left the SEOAL before adding the big four. LOL...Now that is funny right there.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

raider, that sounds more like a league athens would be interested in does it not..... they enjoy beating those little schools every year. i mean really, look at the league they are in....... we left for travel time...... blah blah blah...... whatever....

AT THE RESERVATION

Return to “Football”