Fort Frye 22 Waterford 20

Chaw
Freshman Team

Re: Fort Frye 22 Waterford 20

Post by Chaw »

Ok...it was a great game to watch anyway... that's what makes the rivalry great...for both schools...and yes easterndspy... Fort Frye will probably win the rest of their games...why wouldn't they....they don't play anybody....and that's the reason we all know what happens when they get to the playoffs....btw...how many playoff games has FF won in the last 4 years?...you know.. when you actually play someone

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

You can post all the stats you want... everyone knows they are tainted from playing mediocre to lower level teams and schools from higher divisions.....I mean really? Fed Hock?...c'mon man...you guys do know that you need to play somebody to prepare for the playoffs right? 1 down...who is left?...FF is pretty much a div. V school...i believe you are 6 boys away from becoming Div. V and you almost got beat by the smallest school in the TVC...maybe even southeast Ohio...not sure about that but I'm sure someone will correct me...

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

So go ahead and wear that badge of honor proudly...it is a great accomplishment...

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

Also...to finish my two cents worth....good job to the FF student section for the disgusting display of disrespect to the visiting team's band. You guys must be very proud of them

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:39 pm
Big cat wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:15 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:43 pm

That video is trash you can’t see anything.
The video isn't great, but Peyton is holding the ball in the air, and has it slapped out. This is after the fumble, and Peyton recovers it.
What you can't see is when it came loose.
BTW nice job by both photographers.

By the time Peyton has the ball at the end of the video the play was way dead. He fumbled before he got in the end zone so even if he recovers it the ball goes back to the spot of the fumble meaning he didn’t get in.
Is the rule that no offensive player can recover a fumble for a gain, or that no offensive player can recover a fumble for a gain except the ball carrier? Also, does it make a difference if it is 4th down or on the XP try versus another down as to the rule?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chaw wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:10 pm You can post all the stats you want... everyone knows they are tainted from playing mediocre to lower level teams and schools from higher divisions.....I mean really? Fed Hock?...c'mon man...you guys do know that you need to play somebody to prepare for the playoffs right? 1 down...who is left?...FF is pretty much a div. V school...i believe you are 6 boys away from becoming Div. V and you almost got beat by the smallest school in the TVC...maybe even southeast Ohio...not sure about that but I'm sure someone will correct me...
SMH who do you want them to play and no they are not close to D5. Also Warren dropped them in May and Fed Hock is the only school that could play them. Fort Frye plays a tougher schedule then Waterford. Fort Frye still has Barnesville , Shenandoah , and Steubenville Central. Your argument is stupid about comparing school sizes Waterford has more players.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chaw wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:54 pm Ok...it was a great game to watch anyway... that's what makes the rivalry great...for both schools...and yes easterndspy... Fort Frye will probably win the rest of their games...why wouldn't they....they don't play anybody....and that's the reason we all know what happens when they get to the playoffs....btw...how many playoff games has FF won in the last 4 years?...you know.. when you actually play someone
How silly must you sound Fort Frye has 3 playoff wins in the last 2 seasons more then any other school in Washington county. Lost to Nelsonville York in overtime last year.

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

With 137 boys FF is actually closer to DVII (116) than DV (160).

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Chaw wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:19 pm Also...to finish my two cents worth....good job to the FF student section for the disgusting display of disrespect to the visiting team's band. You guys must be very proud of them
Waterford has a terrific team. I hope you win out and have a good playoff run. I'll be pulling for you.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford has more football players then Fort Frye that’s a lazy excuse.

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

I am glad I chose this game. Believe it or not I almost left at halftime due to falling down the bleachers. Great atmosphere.

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:27 pm
Chaw wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:54 pm Ok...it was a great game to watch anyway... that's what makes the rivalry great...for both schools...and yes easterndspy... Fort Frye will probably win the rest of their games...why wouldn't they....they don't play anybody....and that's the reason we all know what happens when they get to the playoffs....btw...how many playoff games has FF won in the last 4 years?...you know.. when you actually play someone
How silly must you sound Fort Frye has 3 playoff wins in the last 2 seasons more then any other school in Washington county. Lost to Nelsonville York in overtime last year.
I said last four years...my point is that you don't play schools that get you ready...then lose the first round of playoffs...funny how you forget about the previous two before you won..

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

J8fusl wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:38 pm With 137 boys FF is actually closer to DVII (116) than DV (160).
My mistake....they must've changed it...it used to be 95 and 145

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:47 pm Waterford has more football players then Fort Frye that’s a lazy excuse.
More football players does not mean they should win....the talent pool that you have to choose from is what matters...if your logic was correct then you should have no problems playing a Div. II or Div.III team with less players.... schedule some of those schools....and btw... Warren don't count....if they had a good program...you wouldn't schedule them

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

Marietta or Athens is not far at all

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

Chaw wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:21 am Marietta or Athens is not far at all
I hear that Trimble has a good football team...lol... maybe they will play you...

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chaw wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:29 am
I hear that Trimble has a good football team...lol... maybe they will play you...
They have won 3 playoff games the last 2 years. Also they have won a 1st round playoff game the last 2 years. Also what do you mean larger talent pool to choose from? Waterford has more athletes that play football and basketball. So who cares if one school has 126 boys one has 80 if the school that has 80 has more players that play sports. That is just a lazy excuse man.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chaw wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:29 am
Fort Frye 130
Waterford 70

Fort Frye is a small school that is D6 and you want them to play Marietta 302 and Athens 286. I mean I would love to play those schools but I doubt they would play Fort Frye. It’s not as easy as you think for Fort to schedule. Most teams like Marietta don’t want to play them because they gain very little by beating D6 schools and if they lose to a D6 school it looks really bad. Now Marietta is playing Shenandoah this year so we do have hope that one day they will play Fort Frye. It’s hard to be Fort Frye with teams like Crooksville, St Mary’s , and Williamstown constantly turning Fort Frye down for games. A ton of teams just won’t play Fort Frye because of location. It’s not as simple as you think to just schedule up.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Also Fort Frye has recently picked up Barnesville and Steubenville Central Catholic both teams that make playoffs regularly. Waterford only has to schedule 2 non league games Fort has to find 5.

Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

We can bicker about this all day long but what's done is done. Now you 2 behave and let's watch the Browns kick the Steelers arse. Lol

Return to “Football”