Ironton 41 Fairland 23

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: WK 3 - Ironton (1-1) @ Fairland (2-0)

Post by wobycat »

StolenTalents12 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:06 pm I don’t think there is a team in the ovc that will stop fairlands pass game. Can the stop the power run teams in the ovc though?
The dragons QB looks like a D1 talent. Does anyone know how big he is?

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:21 pm
StolenTalents12 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:06 pm I don’t think there is a team in the ovc that will stop fairlands pass game. Can the stop the power run teams in the ovc though?
The dragons QB looks like a D1 talent. Does anyone know how big he is?

I wouldn’t say any taller than 6’1”
He’s added some muscle and arm strength this season though. Last year he consistently under threw a lot of balls. In their two games this year I haven’t seen him
Under throw any. He’s been a bit long on a few though.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

I'll take the Dragons. Ironton is much improved, but Fairland looks even more so. OVC is muuuuuuuch improved as a whole, this year. Exciting league to watch.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it sounds like it mister, I was thinking the same thing the other day. this should be a dandy. ironton's secondary held up well with burg's pass game. at least better than I thought it would. so that could be interesting.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

Fairland is soft in the trenches. Ironton handily.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

oldguy1369 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:44 pm
eagle one wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 am could somebody please take a couple of bags of miracle grow to fairlands stadium?? absolutely the worse field and stadium i ever watched a high school game in......
You must have lost. So sorry. Just don't come back, problem solved. See how easy that was.

sorry but nobody lost to fairland very often until last year. i could not believe my eyes when i saw that place! what grass? and what they call bleachers reminded me of when we used to have to sit on the bare concrete down in belfry. but at least they had grass. ditto on worse high school football field i ever saw. should be some kind of standards with oshaa on stadiums and safe fields to play on. the parking lot would have been softer

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

eagle one wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:24 am
oldguy1369 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:44 pm
eagle one wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 am could somebody please take a couple of bags of miracle grow to fairlands stadium?? absolutely the worse field and stadium i ever watched a high school game in......
You must have lost. So sorry. Just don't come back, problem solved. See how easy that was.

sorry but nobody lost to fairland very often until last year. i could not believe my eyes when i saw that place! what grass? and what they call bleachers reminded me of when we used to have to sit on the bare concrete down in belfry. but at least they had grass. ditto on worse high school football field i ever saw. should be some kind of standards with oshaa on stadiums and safe fields to play on. the parking lot would have been softer

I didn’t know perfect conditions were required to play football. You sir must be exactly what has happened to Irontons very historic football program. It’s gone soft 😂😂😂

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

Fairland by 3 scores

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

Taking Fairland in this matchup by 7+

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

I believe Fairland and GAHS are the last two OVC fields without turf. Fairland needs an upgrade bad, not just to the playing surface

It’s not about being “soft” it’s about player safety

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I WAS WATCHING THE WSAZ AND SAW IT. IT DIDN'T LOOK LIKE IT EVEN HAD GRASS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Everyone has played on fields that need work. Ironton just needs to get off the bus and go play football.

oldguy1369
Waterboy

Post by oldguy1369 »

Wow is there nothing Ironton people won't cry about. And as far as safety that a b.s. argument. Grass is by far safer than turf. Like a poster before me said just get off the bus, lace your cleats, and put on your helmets and play football.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

I can spot the people that
1.) have not been to Fairland in quite some time
And 2.) have never looked at a study in their lives and just assume what they think they know

Fairlands field is full of unlevelness, holes, ditches, and bare spots which pose a risk.

According to multiple studies I’ve researched, grass and turf have the same injury rate IF the grass is maintained, level, smooth, and has no obstacles on the surface. You can look those up as you please, you may learn something

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

The Flash wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:59 pm I believe Fairland and GAHS are the last two OVC fields without turf. Fairland needs an upgrade bad, not just to the playing surface

It’s not about being “soft” it’s about player safety

I agree they need an upgrade. They’ve needed one since before my last year there in 07. No one will get on board with getting a new one though. They at least upgraded the playing field some and added the metal away bleachers. I remember a few years back the away bleachers were the wood ones with broken boards everywhere.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Flash wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:56 pm I can spot the people that
1.) have not been to Fairland in quite some time
And 2.) have never looked at a study in their lives and just assume what they think they know

Fairlands field is full of unlevelness, holes, ditches, and bare spots which pose a risk.

According to multiple studies I’ve researched, grass and turf have the same injury rate IF the grass is maintained, level, smooth, and has no obstacles on the surface. You can look those up as you please, you may learn something
I guess I would Fall in your No.1 example. I have played on there field before,but it has been a few years ago. I can see the unlevelness and the bare spots. I would hope that mayby that you are kidding a little bit about the holes and ditches though. If you are serious though,I haven't been there in quite some time,so I really wouldn't know.

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

I know they laid saud in recent years. As far as the levelness goes idk about that. The coaches and players laid it lol

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton will need to depend on it's running game and defense in this one.
They keep the turnovers down and penalties and work that clock they will have a chance.
If they get in a track meet with Fairland they could be in trouble.
I gave Fairland a chance last week against Athens.
This week I will give Ironton that same chance if they can keep the scoring low and don't commit penalties at the key times.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If you want to talk about poor fields,what about the poor field at Gallipolis? Depending on the time of the year it is sometimes worse than others. I don't ever remember when playing there that we ever even thought that much about it.A little bit of dust,dirt,and mud never hurt anyone.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:34 pm If you want to talk about poor fields,what about the poor field at Gallipolis? Depending on the time of the year it is sometimes worse than others. I don't ever remember when playing there that we ever even thought that much about it.A little bit of dust,dirt,and mud never hurt anyone.
We would pick up the broken glass and throw it in the trash, no kidding.

Return to “Football”