Wheelersburg 48 Heath 0

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: WK 3: Heath (1-1) @ Wheelersburg (1-1)

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:12 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:22 pm Burg big
Nice to hear from you Legend.
You knew i could'nt stay away lol

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:49 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:22 pm Burg big
Welcome back lol

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:48 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:49 pm

Welcome back lol
thnx lol

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: t

Post by VetteMan »

callie15 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:55 pm The Burg lost a lot of respect in the drubbing they got. Years to build up short time to lose.
[/quote

Im not even a Burg fan. But would you explain to me how you lose respect when you go and play a team like B. Hartley on there home field? They may have been outplayed at times,but to not be respected, no way.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:19 am
callie15 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:55 pm The Burg lost a lot of respect in the drubbing they got. Years to build up short time to lose.
[/quote

Im not even a Burg fan. But would you explain to me how you lose respect when you go and play a team like B. Hartley on there home field? They may have been outplayed at times,but to not be respected, no way.
I’m wondering the same thing. Even though we are the defending state champs how does a D5 team losing to a D3 powerhouse like hartley and on their own field lose respect? I’ll wait for the answer

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

There is gonna be an awful lot of a cans of W.A. opened up on Heath this week. Helluva a regular season win streak. Time to start a new one.

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:37 pm There is gonna be an awful lot of a cans of W.A. opened up on Heath this week. Helluva a regular season win streak. Time to start a new one.
I believe Wheelersburg still has like a 22 game winning streak at home. Anyone confirm this?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

footballelite wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:20 pmI believe Wheelersburg still has like a 22 game winning streak at home. Anyone confirm this?
They have won 17 regular season games in a row at home plus 4 playoff games for a total of 21.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:12 pm
footballelite wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:20 pmI believe Wheelersburg still has like a 22 game winning streak at home. Anyone confirm this?
They have won 17 regular season games in a row at home plus 4 playoff games for a total of 21.
Elite , you are correct. It is 22 straight Home wins. 18 Regular season wins ( Including 1 this year) and 4 Playoffs

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:39 pm
So they lost your respect because they got beat by a catholic school who won DIV State Titles in 2015 & 2016 and lost in the DIII State Semi Finals last year? Pretty idiotic comment. Man don’t spill any milk around this guy!!! 😂😂
they lost no respect in my eyes. this is how you build a program like burg. or ironton in the past.ironton did this for 40 years. sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. this is to be expected at times playing these goliath catholic all star teams. there is a big difference in a team drawing in athletes from different school districts in Scioto county to play at burg. and a whole horse of another color to assembling a team like Hartley that gets the best of Columbus and then outlying areas that include still largely populated areas as well as drawing from what urban outlying areas there are. folks that ridicule programs for doing this don't understand. because their programs are not built to play opponents like this. ===================== the only place burg loses any respect in my eyes are some of the disrespectful posts that some burg posters here make about rivals, and upcoming opponents about their superiority in their eyes that there are no other worthy schools but them playing football in southern ohio, which just simply is not the case. that's why so many want to see them falter. but it is self inflicted.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:42 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:39 pm
So they lost your respect because they got beat by a catholic school who won DIV State Titles in 2015 & 2016 and lost in the DIII State Semi Finals last year? Pretty idiotic comment. Man don’t spill any milk around this guy!!! 😂😂
they lost no respect in my eyes. this is how you build a program like burg. or ironton in the past.ironton did this for 40 years. sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. this is to be expected at times playing these goliath catholic all star teams. there is a big difference in a team drawing in athletes from different school districts in Scioto county to play at burg. and a whole horse of another color to assembling a team like Hartley that gets the best of Columbus and then outlying areas that include still largely populated areas as well as drawing from what urban outlying areas there are. folks that ridicule programs for doing this don't understand. because their programs are not built to play opponents like this. ===================== the only place burg loses any respect in my eyes are some of the disrespectful posts that some burg posters here make about rivals, and upcoming opponents about their superiority in their eyes that there are no other worthy schools but them playing football in southern ohio, which just simply is not the case. that's why so many want to see them falter. but it is self inflicted.
Well said

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

Burg with running clock

burgsthebest5
Waterboy

Post by burgsthebest5 »

You’re gonna battle, you’re gonna fight
Win or lose, you’re gonna be alright
Regardless of the scoreboard
You can do anything you work for

Do it for us
Do it for one another
Do it for yourself
And do it for each other
Regardless of the scoreboard
Regardless of the scoreboard, scoreboard
----------
I'm not gonna lie, they had us in the first half
We started slow but we’re always gonna finish fast

It’s gonna be hard, it’s gonna be tough
If you fall down, just get up

And no matter what you’re going through
Your friends are there to help you

With all the hard work you put in
You might come out with this win

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

YTB, NOBODY has disrespected opponents more than Ironton.Remember numerous posters passing on the “its only Ashland” and there are more. Remember some of the comments in years past ridiculing the OVC??? The difference in the Burg is they strive to be the best in every sport and academics also! At the end of the day it still boils down to envy plain and simple!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Sport Fan wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:20 pm
Elite , you are correct. It is 22 straight Home wins. 18 Regular season wins ( Including 1 this year) and 4 Playoffs
Last home loss was in 2014 to jackson 27-0

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:16 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:20 pm
Last home loss was in 2014 to jackson 27-0

I'm going to go on a limb here and say this was also the last time burg was shut out too right?

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

From what I’ve seen of Heath, Burg will absolutely ROLL.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm YTB, NOBODY has disrespected opponents more than Ironton.Remember numerous posters passing on the “its only Ashland” and there are more. Remember some of the comments in years past ridiculing the OVC??? The difference in the Burg is they strive to be the best in every sport and academics also! At the end of the day it still boils down to envy plain and simple!
Ironton from the early 70's to the late 90's (30 yr) was I think the marquee program of southern ohio football period. They also produced some very good basketball and baseball teams during those years and for the most part everyone in SEO respected that and wanted to duplicate just some of the success they were having. IMO Ironton would have dominated the OVC back then without question. Wheelersburg has built a well known football program of their own in the last 30 years since the football championship in 89 when both Ironton and Burg won state football titles and also ran with that in baseball, basketball and softball and again I believe MOST people in SEO respect that. Anytime you have a winning program in any sport you'll have some fans that are arrogant or disrespectful to other teams but it's never close to the majority of fans. I grew up in SEOAL country and have lived in central Ohio most of my adult life and it's no different up here than down there. I don't think it's envy which is a strong term, I just think it's a few people that create bad perceptions of the good programs that make their own school look bad. The average parent, fan, businessman and homeowners in most town's support their teams regardless. IMO, thanks for listening.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:50 pm
Bobbbbbb wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm YTB, NOBODY has disrespected opponents more than Ironton.Remember numerous posters passing on the “its only Ashland” and there are more. Remember some of the comments in years past ridiculing the OVC??? The difference in the Burg is they strive to be the best in every sport and academics also! At the end of the day it still boils down to envy plain and simple!
Ironton from the early 70's to the late 90's (30 yr) was I think the marquee program of southern ohio football period. They also produced some very good basketball and baseball teams during those years and for the most part everyone in SEO respected that and wanted to duplicate just some of the success they were having. IMO Ironton would have dominated the OVC back then without question. Wheelersburg has built a well known football program of their own in the last 30 years since the football championship in 89 when both Ironton and Burg won state football titles and also ran with that in baseball, basketball and softball and again I believe MOST people in SEO respect that. Anytime you have a winning program in any sport you'll have some fans that are arrogant or disrespectful to other teams but it's never close to the majority of fans. I grew up in SEOAL country and have lived in central Ohio most of my adult life and it's no different up here than down there. I don't think it's envy which is a strong term, I just think it's a few people that create bad perceptions of the good programs that make their own school look bad. The average parent, fan, businessman and homeowners in most town's support their teams regardless. IMO, thanks for listening.
FANOSPORTS = Very Good Post.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:50 pm
I agree. 💯

Return to “Football”