Waverly 37 Unioto 7

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: Wk3 waverly at Unioto

Post by Kicker. »

smurray wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:45 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:57 pm I have heard a lot about waverly speed. I know about 1 and 10 from last year and from Chillicothe. Did all these speed guys run track? I know Unioto has all there sprinters from tack on the football team. Looking back at the times Unioto was far faster. So I’m guessing waverlys fastest football guys didn’t run track? The playmaking ability of 1,23, and 10 scares me lot more than speed. We are fast but those guys really make plays. Have to limit there explosive plays for sure.
Overall "team speed" is what is being talked about. This years TEAM is one of the fastest/quickest we've had in a while. That means skill positions, linebackers, lineman, the whole team....
You are correct, some do not run track... As far as I know none of the ones you mentioned do. You mentioned 1, 23 & 10 who are indeed very quick and fast, capable of explosive playmaking, but there are others. You try to shut them down there are others who may very well be left open. Neither #23 nor #1 leads the team in TD receptions.

I agree with this, and track speed is a lot different compared to speed on the field

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

With the weather mayby becoming a factor,has there been any talk of moving the game to Saturday or Saturday night? I saw this being talked about on some other games as well.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Weather not looking too good. Even if the game does get started on time there may be delays because of lightning. Could be a long evening.

WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

WSYX forecast shows a possible stray shower, but nothing severe and the meteorologist said the games should be over by the time the heavy rains get here. So let's keep our fingers crossed for the rain to hold out.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I can’t speak for lightning, but def looks like rain. At camp Sherman there is alway thunder when the tanks take the field. Rollllllll tankssssss rolllll!!!!!!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:47 pm With the weather mayby becoming a factor,has there been any talk of moving the game to Saturday or Saturday night? I saw this being talked about on some other games as well.
More rain expected tomorrow.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Waverly by 17

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Day of game I'll take the tigers. Offensive weapons too much for tanks defense and will end up playing behind the 8 ball all night and make mistakes
Waverly-45
Unioto-16

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

From afar, I see Waverly 's offense being slowed down even in a light rain. Tigers escape 18-16.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Is that three TD’s and no conversions Omega?

Showing partly sunny at 7:00, cloudy at 8:00 & 9:00 and 50% chance of rain at 10:00. Looking more like a rain free game.
Tigers began the season down a starter (LB & O-line) when Zach Brown was injured. It was next man up and the Tigers never missed a step. How will this young Tiger team respond to their first real test? Looking for these young defensive linemen & LB’s to answer the challenge,to slow down the Unioto rushing attack. Tigers need some young guys to really step up tonight - it’s their time to shine!

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

17-7 Waverly at half

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Final 37-7 Tigers

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Waverly 37 Unioto 7

Post by mattash »

Waverly 37 Unioto 7

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverly pulls away in the 2nd half

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Good job Waverly!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

It was said from a Unioto guy last night, something to the effect of: “I thought we were fast until tonight”.....
Unioto is a good football team and could possibly go 9-1 and win the SVC, but Waverly is that much better.
Waverly’s overall team speed & athleticism was at a different level.

FIRST QUARTER
10:24 Shoemaker TD run from 2 yds Diener PAT Waverly 7-0
Unioto’s first possession saw a nice drive on runs to the Tiger 35 before turning it over on a fumble.
3:41 Carroll (??) TD run of 40 yds PAT good Game tied at 7.
Tiger drive deep in Unioto territory Tigers fail to score turnover on downs with 1:32
Another Unioto fumble gives the Tigers the ball at the Unioto 35 as the 1st quarter ends.

SECOND QUARTER
Shoemaker run to the 13. Tigers fail to move any further.
10:05 Diener nails a 31 yd FG Tigers lead 10-7
2:35 Shoemaker from 1 yd out Diener PAT Tigers lead 17-7 (nice drive by the Tigers)
Unioto got the ball to the Waverly 17 after two roughing the passer penalty’s and a nice scramble by the QB but two sacks later and heavy pressure on 4th down saw the Tanks turn it over on downs at the 27 with .12 to play.

17-7 HALFTIME

THIRD QUARTER
Unioto received the opening kickoff and moved to their 40 before stalling. A bad snap over the punters head gave the Tigers the ball at the Unioto 32.
Tigers return the favor on the very first play with a bad exchange and Unioto back in business at their 33.
Unioto comes out in the Wildcat........ They ran it ran it ran it to the Waverly 30 and then went back to the normal QB offense.
Unioto turn over on downs at the 30 with 2:54 to play.
Tigers put a drive together and Shoemaker with a big run down to the Unioto 12. Lost a few back to the 15 as the third quarter came to a close.
17-7 END OF THREE

FOURTH QUARTER
A coupe passes broken up and Tigers turn it over on downs at the 13 with 11:13 to play.
Unioto passwas deflected by Phoenix Wolfe and picked by Zeke Brown (both sophomores) at the Unioto 22 with 11:07.
10:59 Shoemaker 22 yd TD scamper Diener PAT Tigers lead 24-7
Tigers hold Unioto on downs and take over at the Union 48 with 8:53 to play.
Tiger punt to the Unioto 9 with 6:28
Three bad passes by Unioto and punt to Shoemaker who returns it to the 5.
5:17 Brooker 2 YD TD run Diener PAT good Tigers lead 31-7
Unioto kickoff return to 22 and fumbled - Waverly ball.
4:59 short quick Pass to Easton Wolfe who weaved his way to the end zone. PAT failed and Waverly lead 37-7

FINAL 37-7

This was a good much needed test for this young Tiger team and I believe there are some things they know they need to work on. Some young kids grew up last night on the Friday night under the lights stage. Sophomore QB Haydn Shanks with his first real test. He got a little more pressure than the first two games and Unioto did a lot better job covering receivers but Shanks did well. Kudos to the offensive line for doing a marvelous job against a defense many thought would cause us all kinds of problems. A couple kids banged up - hopefully nothing serious and they’ll be ready to go next Friday as Fairland makes the journey up to the jungle. The Dragons will spread it out much like the Tigers.

Two rivals down - one to go......

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Stats
H. Shanks 11-20 133 yds 1td
P. Shoemaker 110yds rushing on 22 attempts 3 tds
E. Wolf 3 rec 42 yds 1 td

For Unioto Carroll had 184yds on 32 attempts

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Will be interesting to see the final stats. I believe Shoemaker rushed for 149 and 3 TD’s, not too shabby....

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

We posted at the same time Sports-nut. I thought I saw or heard somewhere Shoe had 149..

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

All purpose yards would be 150 with his 40yd punt return

Return to “Football”