Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

Vik
JV Team

Re: Jackson (2-0) vs Gallia Academy (2-0)

Post by Vik »

Billb wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:28 pm I think several folks are overlooking a couple facts when saying how improved Gallipolis is....1)they have played 2 extremely weak teams of Meigs and River valley 2) Yes, Gallipolis is going to look better last year and this year because their conference is extremely weak.
Jackson will wear them down as the game goes on.
Jackson 35-14
Maybe Jackson looks good because they have played two teams that aren’t good. Jackson’s backs are SLOW. Line is hodge podge. They are predictable but defense will keep it close. GA will have some good playcalls that are unexpected and Jackson will bite I bet.

GA 35
JI 20

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Vik wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 pm
Billb wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:28 pm I think several folks are overlooking a couple facts when saying how improved Gallipolis is....1)they have played 2 extremely weak teams of Meigs and River valley 2) Yes, Gallipolis is going to look better last year and this year because their conference is extremely weak.
Jackson 35-14
Maybe Jackson looks good because they have played two teams that aren’t good. Jackson’s backs are SLOW. Line is hodge podge. They are predictable but defense will keep it close. GA will have some good playcalls that are unexpected and Jackson will bite I bet.

GA 35
JI 20
Not sure that Wellston won’t win 6-7 game. Not the toughest schedule (gets much tougher starting in week 5)

No way in hell Jackson gives up 35 to Gallia, no flipping way.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:18 pm
Jackson 35-14

GA 35
JI 20
Not sure that Wellston won’t win 6-7 game. Not the toughest schedule (gets much tougher starting in week 5)

I don't think Jackson gives up 35 to Gallia.......I think the defense for both sides will keep it closer. We will see how strong GA's defense is. Campbell will likely be a good test for the Ironmen defense as well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:45 pm

GA 35
JI 20

I don't think Jackson gives up 35 to Gallia.......I think the defense for both sides will keep it closer. We will see how strong GA's defense is. Campbell will likely be a good test for the Ironmen defense as well.
Daunevyn Woodson play? Briar Williams? Any freshman ever see the field?

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:01 pm

They have more than just Campbell for sure. Their run game does well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:08 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:01 pm

They have more than just Campbell for sure. Their run game does well.
Huh? So they do play?

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

I didn't say that!!

Pullins, Beasy, Armstrong and Campbell rounds out the GA rush offense.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Woodson does play but I believe he's mostly JV

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:17 pm Woodson does play but I believe he's mostly JV
He’s kinda fast I’ve seen lol

GAHSdevilfan
Waterboy

Post by GAHSdevilfan »

Campbell has seen limited action due to a nagging hamstring. Pulling has done a great job in his place and will see a lot of action this week. Jackson cannot arm tackle Campbell. McClelland plays smart and the offense has played close to the vest first two weeks. Defense has had it's momoents though the third quarter against Meigs was awful. Armstrong could be the difference. Great field awareness for a sophomore. Blue will be ready but it will be tough. Three straight on the road will let Penrod know what he's got. Should be a good game. Hope both sides stay healthy.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I will agree with Ironman 92. If anyone gives up 35 points ( Or More ),it will not be Jackson.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Jackson 17-7

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

You guys are giving Gallia academy’s defense way too much credit. Gallia s defense has not been good. On the turf at home Jackson scores at least 28 points here. Gallia offensive schemes and talent will allow them to move the ball against Jackson. The difference here is Jackson will be talented enough to limit blue devils big plays. I think the blue devils special teams and defense either gives them very short fields or scores 3 times. The blue devils will brake 5 or 6 big plays against most opponents on schedule against Jackson’s talent they’ve ill probably be 40 yard gains. Jackson wins by a little or a lot but Jackson will put up several points.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

svac83 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:18 am You guys are giving Gallia academy’s defense way too much credit. Gallia s defense has not been good. On the turf at home Jackson scores at least 28 points here. Gallia offensive schemes and talent will allow them to move the ball against Jackson. The difference here is Jackson will be talented enough to limit blue devils big plays. I think the blue devils special teams and defense either gives them very short fields or scores 3 times. The blue devils will brake 5 or 6 big plays against most opponents on schedule against Jackson’s talent they’ve ill probably be 40 yard gains. Jackson wins by a little or a lot but Jackson will put up several points.
Jackson didn’t have much to offer against Gallia in the 7 on 7. I think they can load the box and still stop a lot of Jackson’s little passing plays. Jackson had big runs from the Vinton kids according to the stats I saw on Twitter. GA has the speed to keep that from happening. Attempted catches over the middle will be destroyed. I really really like GA’s chances the more I think about it. Jackson doesn’t have enough speed to break anything offensively (at least against a real defense)
Last time I was at Jackson we didn have to pay to park :lol:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Vik wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:40 pm
svac83 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:18 am You guys are giving Gallia academy’s defense way too much credit. Gallia s defense has not been good. On the turf at home Jackson scores at least 28 points here. Gallia offensive schemes and talent will allow them to move the ball against Jackson. The difference here is Jackson will be talented enough to limit blue devils big plays. I think the blue devils special teams and defense either gives them very short fields or scores 3 times. The blue devils will brake 5 or 6 big plays against most opponents on schedule against Jackson’s talent they’ve ill probably be 40 yard gains. Jackson wins by a little or a lot but Jackson will put up several points.
Jackson didn’t have much to offer against Gallia in the 7 on 7. I think they can load the box and still stop a lot of Jackson’s little passing plays. Jackson had big runs from the Vinton kids according to the stats I saw on Twitter. GA has the speed to keep that from happening. Attempted catches over the middle will be destroyed. I really really like GA’s chances the more I think about it. Jackson doesn’t have enough speed to break anything offensively (at least against a real defense)
Gallia Academy Gave jackson plenty at the 7 on 7. Better buckle up .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Vik wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:40 pm
Good ol gahs4ever (rip) and I always made a friendly wager on this game, we always bet that the loser would buy the winner a veal. Would you like to give it a go?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

And to judge much from the 7 on 7....just can’t imo. Line is vastly improved and um well Jackson likes to run the hall.

Jackson 27
Gallia Academy 13

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

In all the fun we have had on this thread. I just can't wait to watch this game. My hope is that it's actually a game and not a blow out (which is possible if Jackson brings everything and executes). It marks the first year in 5 years that we may actually have a quality game that is interesting to watch between the devils and ironmen.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:21 pm In all the fun we have had on this thread. I just can't wait to watch this game. My hope is that it's actually a game and not a blow out (which is possible if Jackson brings everything and executes). It marks the first year in 5 years that we may actually have a quality game that is interesting to watch between the devils and ironmen.
Will be a packed house

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Lol on the 7 vs 7 talk, that will have nothing to do with nothing. I doubt Jackson passes more than 8 times. Ironmen need to control the clock. Penrod has a knack for creative offenses and Ironmen have a knack for stingy defenses. As long as Jackson doesn’t over pursue I don’t think Gallia puts up a lot of points. That being said Jackson has never been known as an offensive juggernaut.

Gallia scores 10-14. Jackson scores 21-28.

Heavy doses of dives and traps and by 3rd GA will give up some points.

Should be a good game.

Return to “Football”