Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

Post by ironman02 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:31 am
Jackson battled and battled and never gave up....took every ounce of their will to get it done and I greatly commend them on their efforts.

I recall a fumble back when that stadium opened on the same goal line equally as close to sealing the game. Sometimes the wait is long.

Go Ironmen!
Good post, especially the two statements quoted above. Jackson did find a way to win, and they do deserve credit for that. I think they can play much better, but Gallia definitely was very prepared last night and made things difficult at every turn for them. The Jackson defense was pretty great all night, and they were spectacular when closing out the game.

The first thing that crossed my mind after the Gallia fumble at the goal line was that it was basically in the exact same spot as the Jackson fumble in 2004. Crazy.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

I was down between the 15-20 yardlines on the Gallia side talking to the band director and some other friends. We were paying close attention on the "goal line fumble". the ball crossed the plane and then the ground caused the fumble! so I take away 2 things from that. 1. the ground can't cause a fumble to begin with and 2 the ball had already crossed the goal line!! the ref was standing 5-10 yards away and couldn't get the call right. I'm not a sore loser but the refs did everything in their power in the last 6 minutes of that game to make sure Jackson won. The pass interference call was questionable because it wasn't called at all during the evening, even-though it was happening all night and 2 the kid wasn't going to catch the ball period!! when the ball is un-catchable even when there is contact (especially when the contact doesn't impede the players ability to catch the ball) you typically don't throw the flag.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

I might add.......the part of the ground that caused the fumble was actually the GOAL LINE!!! how hard is it for the ref to see that!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I have watched the game from the end zone camera , which happens to be the end zone that the fumble occurred. The qb was in shotgun, took the snap , the left guard for Gallia pulled and blocked the Jackson linebacker . The qb followed him but was met at the 2 by safety Brice parks , he was turned sideways and hit defense end Mitchell Johnson . The ball was knocked lose and he was 💯 not across the goal line . The ball layed on the turf in the Jackson end zone and a Gallia player and Brody Landrum dove for it. Brody came up with the football at the 1 foot line. Amazingly I think the refs actually got it right .
Last edited by Poo Bear on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

one thing I'm not going to overlook is the effort that both teams put into this game. it is one of the best high school football games I've seen in a long time! hat's off to the Ironmen on driving 100 yards to get the score!! they played well as did the Blue Devils!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

So just a question on the fumble are you guys saying you couldn’t see if he fumbled before the goal line. Or are you saying that you can’t see where the Jackson kid recovered the fumble? I am just asking because I don’t understand the Jackson ball at 1 the official closest the play motioned touchback. And I can tell you when ball hit the ground it was in red. He obviously fumbled going forward I just don’t understand a rule that gives Jackson ball at the 1.

On pass interference call I am sure if you were on Jackson sideline that looked worse from there stands then Gallia side and even where I was standing in endzone.
Because pass was behind the receiver so when Jackson kid stops to jump up and back Armstrong is slamming into him. But it was on endzone side so I am sure from Gallia side line just looked like kid turning for throw behind him and over his head. But Armstrong did have his back arm wrapped on him and collided into him as he jumped but I don’t think kid makes that catch no matter what.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

So if the Gallia kid recovers the football it is Gallia ball 4 and 1. That play was not 4th down. Look at it.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:16 am I have watched the game from the end zone camera , which happens to be the end zone that the fumble occurred. The qb was in shotgun, took the snap , the left guard for Gallia pulled and blocked the Jackson linebacker . The qb followed him but was met at the 2 by safety Brice parks , he was turned sideways and hit defense end Mitchell Johnson . The ball was knocked lose and he was 💯 not across the goal line . The ball layed on the turf in the Jackson end zone and a Gallia player and Brody Landrum dove for it. Brody came up with the football at the 1 foot line. Amazingly I think the refs actually got it right .
I'd like to see this video!! from my accounts and given I was right there.....from I saw the QB was hit but then took second effort and I'm positive the second effort got him over the goal line!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

svac83 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:22 am So if the Gallia kid recovers the football it is Gallia ball 4 and 1. That play was not 4th down. Look at it.
The ball was fumbled before he crossed the goal line , layed on the red enzone turf for a split second , two players dove for it and Jackson recovered it at the 1 yard line . Clear as a bell on the end zone camera

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

GA coaches showed the radio announcers the video....GA says the ball crossed the GOAL LINE before the fumble!! regardless bad officiating isn't the fault of the kids. kudos to Jackson for putting together the game winning drive.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:26 am GA coaches showed the radio announcers the video....GA says the ball crossed the GOAL LINE before the fumble!! regardless bad officiating isn't the fault of the kids. kudos to Jackson for putting together the game winning drive.
They’re wrong. He clearly didn’t cross.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Quite a game for this rivalry finale .............. for now. I got a feeling they'll resume this game down the road .

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Like I said I was in the other end zone. I have no idea about spotting of ball. I know after ball came out of mccellond Shane it was clearly in the red and that closest official came from sideline sing along touchback. From 120 yards away that is all I know for certain.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:26 am
svac83 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:22 am So if the Gallia kid recovers the football it is Gallia ball 4 and 1. That play was not 4th down. Look at it.
The ball was fumbled before he crossed the goal line , layed on the red enzone turf for a split second , two players dove for it and Jackson recovered it at the 1 yard line . Clear as a bell on the end zone camera
Ok so you first say the Gallia kid recovered it at 1 yard line now you say the Jackson kid did. If the Jackson kid did. I understand the call. I don’t like the call but at least that makes sense

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

svac83 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:34 am
Ok so you first say the Gallia kid recovered it at 1 yard line now you say the Jackson kid did. If the Jackson kid did. I understand the call. I don’t like the call but at least that makes sense
When did I say any Gallia kid recovered the fumble ? A Gallia player and Brody Landrum done for the ball . Brody Landrum recovered the ball at the 1 .

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:35 am

When did I say any Gallia kid recovered the fumble ? A Gallia player and Brody Landrum done for the ball . Brody Landrum recovered the ball at the 1 .
Sorry I miss read your post. I do not know all the Gallia kids names I thought you named the Gallia player by name did not see the and.

But it makes no sense that the official right in front of it called it a touchback. Just very odd. But at least that makes sense.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The pass on the PI hit the receiver’s hands. It wasn’t uncatchable. He was unable to jump for the ball because the DB had pulled on him just before the ball arrived. Like I said, it could have been let go, but it was technically the right call.

I’m not surprised that two groups of people have seen video of the fumble and have differing opinions. It’s almost like we wanted our respective team to win the game. Neither of those videos are a goal line view though, right? One is from the back of the end zone and the other is from the press box, or am I wrong?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

svac83 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:45 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:35 am

Sorry I miss read your post. I do not know all the Gallia kids names I thought you named the Gallia player by name did not see the and.

But it makes no sense that the official right in front of it called it a touchback. Just very odd. But at least that makes sense.
The ref May have jumped the gun as the ball was in the end zone for a split second . Having said all that the qb was def short and the ball came out however I can’t tell if the ground caused the fumble or it was moving before he hit the turf. Coach should’ve threw a challenge flag. Either way Gallia outplayed Jackson and was a better team last night. Coach penrod is doing great things on the river

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:47 am The pass on the PI hit the receiver’s hands. It wasn’t uncatchable. He was unable to jump for the ball because the DB had pulled on him just before the ball arrived. Like I said, it could have been let go, but it was technically the right call.

I’m not surprised that two groups of people have seen video of the fumble and have differing opinions. It’s almost like we wanted our respective team to win the game. Neither of those videos are a goal line view though, right? One is from the back of the end zone and the other is from the press box, or am I wrong?
Your right on the camera views. Neither one a goal line camera. But at least now I understand what was called.

We will disagree on the pass interference call. Well not really Armstrong did have him but no different then 3 other catches. The pass did touch his right hand after he turned back to catch the ball armstrong did not turn him. He turned back because ball was high and behind. I really thought it was Jackson QB’s worst pass all night. If he lead him the way he did all night would of been 6 and a complete like rest of them. And the Jackson kid got off ground but he had to jump back into Armstrong. But Armstrong not going for ball and he had him hooked I am not going to call it a bad call. But it was not clear cut.

But what would a great game between these two teams be without a little controversy.

That makes no difference 99 yards with game on line you can’t give up that drive. You had to get a stop and blue devils couldn’t do it. Jackson got it done blue didn’t and that is the bottom line.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:47 am The pass on the PI hit the receiver’s hands. It wasn’t uncatchable. He was unable to jump for the ball because the DB had pulled on him just before the ball arrived. Like I said, it could have been let go, but it was technically the right call.

right it's not a goal line view. not way poobear can say 100% or whatever he said that it didn't cross the goal line! cracks me up though. even watching college and pro football you see the play from several angles and then it isn't apparent that the ball cross or didn't cross the goal line until you look at the goal line cam. so without the goal line cam we can't say for certain that it did or didn't........but we can make a pretty good assumption that the ground caused the fumble!! which as we all know....isn't allowed to happen. it would be a dead ball at that point in high school football.

Return to “Football”