Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

Post by Ironman92 »

Big game. I like the Ironmen in this home opener.

I want to ask the Jackson posters their true thoughts on this Ironmen team. Running joke it seems that this is”the worst team of Hall’s tenure”

I’ve watched both games and the defense may be the best of Hall’s years. No Blake McCoy in backfield but a load of kids that are big and run hard...defenses aren’t enjoying the tackling all game long. Special team improving. Personally, I think this is one of Hall’s 3 or 4 best teams.

I’d like to hear from Poo bear, Ironman02, Ironman2588, BringtheHeat and doubleplay643. Not sure you guys have seen both games but would like to hear true thoughts on this.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Jackson (2-0) vs Gallia Academy (2-0)

Post by Poo Bear »

I won’t be that guy who compares teams ect . However the team has a long long long way to go to be considered a top Jackson team. There has been Alota good football teams at Jackson . Jackson is 2-0 and have had 2 running clocks . The defense has looked good and seems to have playmakers . Seems to be some depth to give the starters a rest . However they have not been tested to say the least . Wellson May be a 6-7 win team but did not offer much resistance to Jackson . Jackson offense didn’t exactly set any records versus FU. The pass game was shaky at best. As said before the defense is a typical hard nosed aggressive Jackson defense . Stingy against the run and hard hitting. This will be a dogfight as Gallia Academy and Jackson are old school SEOAL rivals and don’t like each other. Jackson will have some extra fire for this game for other reasons . First home game of 2018 and alumni will be rocking . I’ll take Jackson at home but don’t expect a running clock . This could be one of the better games of the week.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:17 pm I won’t be that guy who compares teams ect . However the team has a long long long way to go to be considered a top Jackson team. There has been Alota good football teams at Jackson . Jackson is 2-0 and have had 2 running clocks . The defense has looked good and seems to have playmakers . Seems to be some depth to give the starters a rest . However they have not been tested to say the least . Wellson May be a 6-7 win team but did not offer much resistance to Jackson . Jackson offense didn’t exactly set any records versus FU. The pass game was shaky at best. As said before the defense is a typical hard nosed aggressive Jackson defense . Stingy against the run and hard hitting. This will be a dogfight as Gallia Academy and Jackson are old school SEOAL rivals and don’t like each other. Jackson will have some extra fire for this game for other reasons . First home game of 2018 and alumni will be rocking . I’ll take Jackson at home but don’t expect a running clock . This could be one of the better games of the week.
Fair enough

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Jackson by 14-21

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Jackson by 21

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

calpreps has Jackson 40 Gallia 19

Walk by Faith not by sight.
Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Gallia in the upset

Buckeye2018
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye2018 »

Gallia 26 to 21

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Gallia is on fire this year!! I think Jackson will definitely wear them down. but the defense of the Big Blue is pretty stout this year. Especially within the red-zone. I'm gonna go out on a long-shot and say the Big Blue moves to 3-0

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Gallia is the more disciplined team and will want it more. Jackson has 3-4 tough kids but GA’s whole team is that way. Gallia gonna ruin the opener just as they did in 2004.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

This will be the last game in this series. If I take coach Hall at his word before kickoff of last years game. This contract will not be resigned while he is coach at least not until the blue devils move away from memorial field.

The blue devils have not been competitive in this game since the last time they managed to win the last time which was 5 or 6 years ago. Now this is the best blue devil team since they managed to win one of these. This is the strongest, fastest, biggest most athletic the devils have fielded in years.

I know nothing about Jackson this year but my guess is we will get a typical Jackson solid football team. I would feel a lot better about this game if it was in week 10 not week 3. The blue devils are still building in to the team we hope they are going to be. And we appear to be a little better then last years team. But this team has a lot of work to do and Still need lots of work in all 3 facets of the game. Special teams were better in week 2 but still need work. Defense is still making a lot of poor reads and the offense needs to capitalize on defensive mistakes.

There are not many outcomes in this game that would surprise me. I won’t be surprised if Jackson lines up in those wide splits and runs power football at the blue devils for 4 quarters and coch Hall keeps the foot on the pedal to prove a point and the Jackson defense keeps blue devils out of end zone and it is 49-0. I think it is more likely that the blue devils throw 9 or 10 in box make Jackson mix it up some and all the blue devils with capability to take it to hous make it happen a couple of times and the final is like 35-14. Now there is a chance the blue devils can get running game going in this game and eat up some time of possession in that case maybe 24-14 Jackson.

The only winning scenario I see with blue devils is if they can really get passing game clicking. If the passing game gets going this game could get really fun. I can see a scenario here where blue devils keep Jackson off balance and can get some big plays and long possessions. If we can make Jackson feel like they have to score of have solid possessions each time we may be able to create a few mistakes. If the blue devils would surprise and win it would have to be in a barn burner. I think a Gallia win would have to be like 42-38 or 35-31.

I am not looking forward to this game. This game has not always been surrounded with best sportsmanship with there being no future games scheduled I am afraid this game may push out over edge. I hope I am wrong and everything is great but just have a feeling this could get ugly.

To me all the pressure on this game is on Jackson. They play in a very tough region. And can’t offord many misssteps. Not that the blue devils are in a cupcake region but a win in this game would basically make them a playoff lock and home field lock in only week 3. A loss and oh well win the rest of games on your schedule your supposed to win and go 2 out of 3 in your other tougher games and you should be in good shape.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Interesting to note since the turn of the Century Gallia Academy leads this series 9-8. The last time the Blue defeated Jackson was in 2012 at memorial field to claim the league championship. Since 2012 Jackson is 4-0 against Gallia Academy. They didn't play each other in 2016.

As far as not renewing the series, If Gallia Academy continues to get better....Jackson would be crazy to not start the series back up. unless they're just scared of getting beat.

Another interesting note.....the Blue Devils hold the overall series at 42-41-5. If Jackson wins and this truly is the last time they meet........the series would be completely knotted up.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:33 pm Interesting to note since the turn of the Century Gallia Academy leads this series 9-8. The last time the Blue defeated Jackson was in 2012 at memorial field to claim the league championship. Since 2012 Jackson is 4-0 against Gallia Academy. They didn't play each other in 2016.

As far as not renewing the series, If Gallia Academy continues to get better....Jackson would be crazy to not start the series back up. unless they're just scared of getting beat.

Another interesting note.....the Blue Devils hold the overall series at 42-41-5. If Jackson wins and this truly is the last time they meet........the series would be completely knotted up.
Yeah we’ll play Winton Woods, Cabell Midland and go yearly with Wheelersburg, but we’d likely be afraid of Gallia.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:46 pm
BlueLion4Life wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:33 pm Interesting to note since the turn of the Century Gallia Academy leads this series 9-8. The last time the Blue defeated Jackson was in 2012 at memorial field to claim the league championship. Since 2012 Jackson is 4-0 against Gallia Academy. They didn't play each other in 2016.

Yeah we’ll play Winton Woods, Cabell Midland and go yearly with Wheelersburg, but we’d likely be afraid of Gallia.
It was a joke!! don't get so hard!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

This may turn out to be one of the better games in the area . I hope the referees get control of this early to avoid any large scraps or ejections . Jackson kids have been chomping at the bit for this game and of there is one thing Jackson kids understand is hitting
Last edited by Poo Bear on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:49 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:46 pm

It was a joke!! don't get so hard!
I missed the sarcasm font.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

According to Jackson's football history data, the Ironmen have played Gallia Academy/Gallipolis 100 times. Unfortunately, Gallia Academy leads the series 49-44-7. The series dates back to 1914, even before the SEOAL had been founded.

I never heard for sure why this was going to be the last game between the two schools, but it has definitely been a great rivalry. The series was fairly even until GAHS went on a 9-game winning streak (including a playoff win) from 1999-2006, winning some of those games in pretty unbelievable fashion. Jackson has been on a pretty nice run since then against the Blue Devils, though, so hopefully that continues.

Coach Penrod definitely has the GAHS program trending back in the right direction, so I would expect a good game. I don't make it home for games very often anymore, but I'm hoping to see this one. Might get there a little late, but can't pass up the chance to see what might be the final game between these two proud programs.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:03 pm
I want to ask the Jackson posters their true thoughts on this Ironmen team.
I'm not as familiar with the program as I used to be, but I do think this is a pretty talented Jackson team. They have a lot of depth at the skill positions, and I think the defense has the potential to be very good. Coach Hall has had some very good squads at Jackson, and even some of the teams that went 6-4 or 5-5 played very difficult schedules. The top tier of teams during Hall's tenure have to be 2015, 2014, and 2011, but there's no way I could pick which one of those teams is truly his best. Hopefully this year's team makes its way into that group by winning a conference championship and advancing in the playoffs.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I thought before the season Gallia would win this but Jackson looks pretty tough

Billb
Waterboy

Post by Billb »

I think several folks are overlooking a couple facts when saying how improved Gallipolis is....1)they have played 2 extremely weak teams of Meigs and River valley 2) Yes, Gallipolis is going to look better last year and this year because their conference is extremely weak.
Jackson will wear them down as the game goes on.
Jackson 35-14

Return to “Football”