Fort Frye over Federal Hocking

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 4: Fort Frye (3-0) @ Federal Hocking (0-3)

Post by EasternDspy »

They haven’t informed Fort Frye yet. They did move game back to 7:30.

LMH
Waterboy

Post by LMH »

Wow, who scheduled this game. Play second team running clock go home. And injuries to the Lancers probably doesn’t matter. Sad to see them down so far.

LMH
Waterboy

Post by LMH »

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the football program fold this year. Plus they have NO junior high teams....

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

from OHSAA.org

Maryland School for the Deaf is looking for a varsity football game on September 14-15, 2018. We will travel if necessary. If interested, please contact Andy Bonheyo at 240-575-2926 or andy.bonheyo@msd.edu

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

LMH wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:23 pm Wow, who scheduled this game. Play second team running clock go home. And injuries to the Lancers probably doesn’t matter. Sad to see them down so far.
Sad how bad they are. I can remember them making the playoffs and even beat Athens at Athens. They have had a bunch of good athletes in the past. Heck they have a kid on the Oregon Football Roster

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Game is off. Fort is petitioning to get a divisor of 9 instead of forfeit because a forfeit will cost them almost 2 points.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:41 pm Game is off. Fort is petitioning to get a divisor of 9 instead of forfeit because a forfeit will cost them almost 2 points.
Fort Frye can’t get a forfeit win out of this. Cancelled games are cancelled games, as the game was never played and therefore the divisor is 9 games.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:26 am Not enough verbs in the dictionary for this game.
Well, there will be no game so no stress on Merriam Webster this week.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I rarely post, much less even get on here anymore and read anything, as I really do not find the subject matter all that compelling anymore. I am making an exception, as I saw this coming. When I saw this game on the schedule, my first thought was "Why?!?!" Why would FF schedule this game? Absolutely no benefit to them by playing a D VII team that is really, really down, that will not win a game, provide no secondary points, just inflate their individual and team stats, and not get any better by beating the crap out of an overmanned bunch of underclassmen. Not surprised the game is cancelled, not "forfeited" . I hope there are no future games scheduled between the programs as neither would gain any benefit from the contest.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:15 pm They haven’t informed Fort Frye yet. They did move game back to 7:30.
How would you know at that point? Are you the FF AD?

Davis
Waterboy

Post by Davis »

It's been a while since i've posted but i follow SEOPS and as a part of the Lancer family, this is truly sad to hear. Player safety is important and the AD made the right move not having FH field a team when they are clearly outmanned, potentially preventing more injuries.

It's hard though knowing how formidable Federal Hocking was in all sports and to see where the sports program is now is discouraging. With no middle school team, they are to likely fold the program as a whole in the next few years if not this season. Raider mentioned Fed Hock beating Athens. I never played a snap of football but seeing Athens on the hoops schedule used to mean an easy day of work. The SPACER trophy used to trade hands regualrly with Alexander. Now the talk is the Lancers cant schedule big schools, compete, why do it...it's just a sad time to be a Lancer.

The Boys hoops program should turn things around in the next couple years but it looks like football is done in Stewart.
And it sucks for Fort Frye given the playoff implications. Hopefully all that is squared away for the Cadets.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Steely Dan wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:58 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:15 pm They haven’t informed Fort Frye yet. They did move game back to 7:30.
How would you know at that point? Are you the FF AD?
I got inside sources son

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This game was scheduled because either team had a game and it was only game aval week 4. Fort was supposed to play Warren but they dropped us in MAY supposedly they double booked the week.

Kendog029
Freshman Team

Post by Kendog029 »

Conspiracy theory question?
Fed hock cancels with ff cause they are gonna take a whoopin and truely injures. Next week they play wahama in homecoming game. Any chance they see an opportunity to win next week and stick one in ff to get healthy and go all in on ending streak next week? Just curious not accusing anyone or anything.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Most likely FH wasn’t going to win more then 1 game so in the long run this will benefit Fort Frye in playoff points.

Maroon2018
Freshman Team

Post by Maroon2018 »

Kendog029 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:32 pm Conspiracy theory question?
Fed hock cancels with ff cause they are gonna take a whoopin and truely injures. Next week they play wahama in homecoming game. Any chance they see an opportunity to win next week and stick one in ff to get healthy and go all in on ending streak next week? Just curious not accusing anyone or anything.
Absolutely not. Fed hocks QB is out with a neck injury. Back up QB out with a broken leg. Running back out with knee injury. Three other starters out with concussions. I will be surprised if they will be healthy to even play wahama.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Scouting weekend for the Cadet Coaches. They will cover all remaining games foe's. :D

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Heard this is a no contest now? Probably best for both teams if so.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY BUCK wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:21 pm Heard this is a no contest now? Probably best for both teams if so.
Correct

F5fan
Waterboy

Post by F5fan »

Hope the best for the Fed Hock football program.

Return to “Football”