Ashland 14 Ironton 7

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: WEEK 4==== 4-0 ASHLAND @ 2-1 IRONTON

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Rooting for the ovc team. Ironton has a very hard task. I watched them practice for awhile and I’ll tell you that young coach is all over those boys. They don’t try or slack off he’s on them. I think Ashland will win but if Ironton pulls this one off I don’t think they lose the rest of the year. And I think Irontons a year away from being really good.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
ballrmom1
Riding the Bench

Post by ballrmom1 »

Playing at the Tank for the first time this season just might give the Tigers that spark to beat a good Ashland team.Good luck Tigers

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Ashland should take this one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it blows my mind we are already in week 4 of high school football. it just flies by so quickly.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 4 ASHLAND @ IRONTON

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:55 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:30 am
ITSYABOY72 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Capital beats em both. Too many athletes.
I remember randy moss led capitol teams that won the state in west va. but they couldn't beat ironton either time. man them was the days
Actually Bait, Moss played football at DuPont High School.
grad, I was just making sure people were paying attention. :roll: :roll: YOU ARE CORRECT I WAS THINKING IT WAS CAPITAL, but you are absotutely 100 percent correct, it was DuPont. him and his brother zeffrus both played. I remember jeffrus looked like a sasquatch in a football uniform,he was around 6'8'' 400 and wolfgang kratzenberg ate his lunch for him while he watched, he owned him all night.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:31 pm
RACELAND wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:23 pm Actually the Tigers are probably the most storied program in the tri-state. I am from Raceland. Tigers and Rams need to get each other back on the schedule. Raceland isn’t as good as the Tigers we’re back in the day but we have the same problem getting games locally like they used to. We have to drive 4 hrs for a regular season game because most teams locally won’t play. Rams have tried to get the Burg to play for three years now with no luck. They might smash us but we want to play good competition. As far as the Ashland game the Tomcats have a lot of team speed. They are weak on the D-line though. If tigers can establish a run game and keep the ball away from the tomcats they might have a chance. I will be at the game because Raceland plays on Saturday. I’ll be rooting for the Tigers. Can’t stand the putty tats.
OH my, opening it up for Burg posters now, lol. No luck because of bad timing in weeks or no luck because Burg wouldn't play?? ;)
I know for a fact b/c I’ve got some friends inside the burg school. Burg did try and get them several times in the past and they want us to come there both games.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

RACELAND wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:10 am
RACELAND wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:23 pm Actually the Tigers are probably the most storied program in the tri-state. I am from Raceland. Tigers and Rams need to get each other back on the schedule. Raceland isn’t as good as the Tigers we’re back in the day but we have the same problem getting games locally like they used to. We have to drive 4 hrs for a regular season game because most teams locally won’t play. Rams have tried to get the Burg to play for three years now with no luck. They might smash us but we want to play good competition. As far as the Ashland game the Tomcats have a lot of team speed. They are weak on the D-line though. If tigers can establish a run game and keep the ball away from the tomcats they might have a chance. I will be at the game because Raceland plays on Saturday. I’ll be rooting for the Tigers. Can’t stand the putty tats.
OH my, opening it up for Burg posters now, lol. No luck because of bad timing in weeks or no luck because Burg wouldn't play?? ;)
I believe we had the same open date next year. they picked up Greenup for next year. A team that we soundly beat this past Friday. their excuse was that they would get more points for losing to a bad Greenup team than they would if they beat us. personally I think that talent level at the burg is about to take a nose dive and they are looking for a softer schedule for next year.
U keep telling yourself that. We also picked up blazer too

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
ITSYABOY72
Riding the Bench

Post by ITSYABOY72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:58 pm

I wondered where that started. I never heard him say that playing for the tigers. but he may well have. I just have never heard it myself. and I think you could ask any team ironton ever beat or lost to and they would tell you the same basic thing. they won or lost with dignity. and running into beasts has always been something they do best. just have to throw all the marbles in a circle and see who's gets knocked out. --------------------------------------------------curious question here. many are saying Ashland has the best team in the tri-state. I was curious if anybody out there has seen them and burg play. and wonder who would win between them.

I remember randy moss led capitol teams that won the state in west va. but they couldn't beat ironton either time. man them was the days
No. 😂 Randy Moss played for Dupont. Not Capital.

RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:39 am
Lmao why would burg waste their time beating up on raceland?? Btw burgs schedule is filled a minimum of 2 years out. Of course burg would choose to play Hartley! But seriously, Do you think raceland can play with burg? Look at last year. I know it would be good for raceland to schedule up. However, that’s what burg is doing as well and raceland just doesn’t fit that.
SISSIES!

RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:04 pm

I believe we had the same open date next year. they picked up Greenup for next year. A team that we soundly beat this past Friday. their excuse was that they would get more points for losing to a bad Greenup team than they would if they beat us. personally I think that talent level at the burg is about to take a nose dive and they are looking for a softer schedule for next year.
After they lose everybody. Typical Wheelersburg.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

RACELAND wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Sorry we don’t work our schedule around the 1 year your teams becomes somewhat relevant....

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Wow! Now burg is getting the envy posts from ‘tucky schools! :mrgreen:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Please remember "It Is ONLY Ashland!" :mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ITSYABOY72 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:52 pm

No. 😂 Randy Moss played for Dupont. Not Capital.
boy yer a lil late to the party we figured that out already :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

How can you say “typical Wheelersburg”? Wtf do you know about Burg. Good luck with West Portsmouth. IF you guys can beat them and that’s a BIG IF. Then maybe you can open the slit under your nose. West may be the 2nd best team in the conference but they are light years behind Burg. And exactly how did Burg “lose everyone”? They come back fully loaded. You should count your blessings you guys didn’t get them on the schedule. It would be UGLY in a hurry.

ThirdandLong
Waterboy

Post by ThirdandLong »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:54 am How can you say “typical Wheelersburg”? Wtf do you know about Burg. Good luck with West Portsmouth. IF you guys can beat them and that’s a BIG IF. Then maybe you can open the slit under your nose. West may be the 2nd best team in the conference but they are light years behind Burg. And exactly how did Burg “lose everyone”? They come back fully loaded. You should count your blessings you guys didn’t get them on the schedule. It would be UGLY in a hurry.
How bad did West beat Raceland in 2016?

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

I am sure glad you are across the Ohio river , please stay there!

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

Some odd reason I thought I was opening Ironton vs. Ashland thread. :roll:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Yukntny wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:21 pm Some odd reason I thought I was opening Ironton vs. Ashland thread. :roll:
Me too.....

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Almost time to get after them Tomcats!!

Go Fighting Tigers.....

Return to “Football”