Western Brown 42 Jackson 36

allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: Jackson (3-0) vs Western Brown (0-3)

Post by allamericanironman »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:55 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:09 pm I feel bad for the burg next week! Gonna get our best and then some! WB q.b. Had the game of his life.
I don't know that I would exactly feel bad for burg, but good luck Jackson.
Its tough being on the losing end of a badly officiated contest.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:09 pm I feel bad for the burg next week! Gonna get our best and then some! WB q.b. Had the game of his life.
Didn't listen to or go to game but it sounds to me from the postings if you could have even slowed down (not even stopped) their QB you would have won ? I say you give kudos to him more than blame the officiating for the loss .

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
allamericanironman
All Conference

allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:06 pm
I agree just like when we played at your place we were down by two touchdowns before we got off the charter bus. We knew it when we played away that’s just the way it was.

allamericanironman
All Conference

I am a real Ironman and a real all American. I walk the walk. Enough said. Go red!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:52 pm It’s hard to beat these refs feel bad for the kids. I have had a game taken away by refs in Pittsburgh but never seen a home team robbed so bad. We need names of all refs and an investigation to make sure this does not happen again. This is the second week in a row Is this the same crew?
Refs didn't give up 42, refs didn't make WB-QB look like an all star. Did the refs make bad calls probably it's a game and they're human. In no way did refs give WB a 27-0 lead that was the ironman. Hats off to WB on a big win they wanted it they earned it period. Don't make excuses for getting beat it doesn't improve anyone, take that film and learn from it it's not getting easier in the coming weeks

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Western Brown 42 Jackson 36

Post by mattash »

Western Brown 42 Jackson 36 anyone have a box score

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I wasn't at this game (just receiving updates), but it sounds like Jackson was very disinterested in playing football for at least the first quarter. That has kind of been a recurring theme this season. It lasted for about three quarters last week, and the Ironmen were very fortunate to win that one. Not so lucky this time. Jackson did show a lot of fight coming back from a 27-0 deficit to take the lead, but they couldn't finish. Fumble at the goal line with a chance to go up 35-27, fumble on a hand off exchange with a chance to take the lead and maybe seal the game, couldn't get key defensive stops and gave up 42 points. That's just not winning football.

Western Brown has put points on the board against the Ironmen the last few years. Definitely tough to defend their style of offense, and it sounds like their QB is pretty outstanding, but you can't spot any team 27 points and hope to win the game. I think this Jackson team does have a lot of talent, but they clearly have not put it all together. Now, they get to make a visit to the home of the defending state champs, a team that has dominated them the last several seasons with the exception of 2014. If Jackson doesn't play four full quarters of solid football, Wheelersburg will run them right out of Scioto County. Time to get focused, stop messing around, and play Ironmen football.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:27 am I wasn't at this game (just receiving updates), but it sounds like Jackson was very disinterested in playing football for at least the first quarter. That has kind of been a recurring theme this season. It lasted for about three quarters last week, and the Ironmen were very fortunate to win that one. Not so lucky this time. Jackson did show a lot of fight coming back from a 27-0 deficit to take the lead, but they couldn't finish. Fumble at the goal line with a chance to go up 35-27, fumble on a hand off exchange with a chance to take the lead and maybe seal the game, couldn't get key defensive stops and gave up 42 points. That's just not winning football.

Western Brown has put points on the board against the Ironmen the last few years. Definitely tough to defend their style of offense, and it sounds like their QB is pretty outstanding, but you can't spot any team 27 points and hope to win the game. I think this Jackson team does have a lot of talent, but they clearly have not put it all together. Now, they get to make a visit to the home of the defending state champs, a team that has dominated them the last several seasons with the exception of 2014. If Jackson doesn't play four full quarters of solid football, Wheelersburg will run them right out of Scioto County. Time to get focused, stop messing around, and play Ironmen football.
Spot on ! Giving up 20 points in the first quarter is unacceptable in Jackson. The team looked unprepared and uninterested in playing a football game. Not a lot of effort which has always been the mark of a Jackson team no matter the records . Can’t blame the refs when you spot a team 27 points at home . Very disappointing . WB quarterback was very good and elusive. Have to try and get it together for Burg and the FAC. Still some goals to be achieved , can’t quit now. Go red !

allamericanironman
All Conference

Jackson scored 35 unanswered points to seal the deal. When they put 4 qtrs together it wont matter too much who we play. We will continue to impose our will and dominance for the next five years. This is our time now it’s why we lead the board stir the most stuff because we are darn good. Our 7th graders spanked the state champs not once but twice this season. This is the offspring of our state runner up squad. We will impose our will for years to come. Just a reminder to all the haters. Go Red!

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Did Jackson come out of the game healthy?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:29 am Jackson scored 35 unanswered points to seal the deal. When they put 4 qtrs together it wont matter too much who we play. We will continue to impose our will and dominance for the next five years. This is our time now it’s why we lead the board stir the most stuff because we are darn good. Our 7th graders spanked the state champs not once but twice this season. This is the offspring of our state runner up squad. We will impose our will for years to come. Just a reminder to all the haters. Go Red!
You need to chill with all the chest thumping. Jackson needs to find that fire again. There isn’t 1 game left that is a gimme

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I'm not taking sides in this but just want to add a comment on the comments about scheduling cupcakes... Many of those schools mentioned that Jackson schedules were not regular season games. Those were playoff teams. Gallia can throw out some pretty strong teams they've faced in the playoffs also. Let's not forget, it's not been that long ago when Jackson opened the season with the gauntlet of Wellston, Waverly and VC.
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:43 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:40 pm Jackson needs to find an identity on offense . They leaned on the power run game when the chips were down last night and it paid off. Jackson has some bruising backs but they need to be going down hill. Not really shifty runners who acccelerate quickly . I like the T with Haller , spires , yates , graham , parks , and even Landrum and Evans getting carries out of the backfield . Defense was solid as always last night . But Jackson def needs to clean its game up moving forward. Western Brown will have athletes and good size . Jackson’s line is young and inexperienced after replacing 4 seniors , but they are keeping their heads above water and really stepped up on the 99 yard drive . I’ll say the Ironmen move to 4-0 next Friday !
I agree, they need a identity but then again they need a steady solid offensive. It would be very nice to have them be able to spread it out and have a air raid down the field or have the T formation and just run it down your throat. makes it hard and difficult for teams to prepare because you don’t know really what jackson will do come Friday.
Jackson with the T formation with haller, Graham, spires/Yates. That’s solid. Haller carried the load on the final drive against gallia. Just put the team on his back, I think it opened the coaches eyes that he needs to have the ball in his hands the rest of the season more often after that game performance. Ice has a good arm and he can toss it, we have plenty of play makers.
The defense is stout, few things need fixing but not much. I’d hate to be any team jackson faces from now until the end of the season if Jackson is running on all cylinders at 100%. this team is so athletic and talented, they are a sleeping giant waiting to explode.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:29 am Jackson scored 35 unanswered points to seal the deal. When they put 4 qtrs together it wont matter too much who we play. We will continue to impose our will and dominance for the next five years. This is our time now it’s why we lead the board stir the most stuff because we are darn good. Our 7th graders spanked the state champs not once but twice this season. This is the offspring of our state runner up squad. We will impose our will for years to come. Just a reminder to all the haters. Go Red!
You didn't seal any deal, fact is I think everyone forgets this isn't the year those in the Jackson area thought would be their year. It's 1-2 years out and they'll be pretty darn though after that. You've got to be a parent because of the unrealistic banter and unneeded chust thumping over a 7th grade team, LOL. Spanked the state champs twice, really?? No they beat another 7th grade team nothing more nothing less. Jackson is looking at a 2-3 loss season now

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:29 pm I'm not taking sides in this but just want to add a comment on the comments about scheduling cupcakes... Many of those schools mentioned that Jackson schedules were not regular season games. Those were playoff teams. Gallia can throw out some pretty strong teams they've faced in the playoffs also. Let's not forget, it's not been that long ago when Jackson opened the season with the gauntlet of Wellston, Waverly and VC.
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:43 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:40 pm Jackson needs to find an identity on offense . They leaned on the power run game when the chips were down last night and it paid off. Jackson has some bruising backs but they need to be going down hill. Not really shifty runners who acccelerate quickly . I like the T with Haller , spires , yates , graham , parks , and even Landrum and Evans getting carries out of the backfield . Defense was solid as always last night . But Jackson def needs to clean its game up moving forward. Western Brown will have athletes and good size . Jackson’s line is young and inexperienced after replacing 4 seniors , but they are keeping their heads above water and really stepped up on the 99 yard drive . I’ll say the Ironmen move to 4-0 next Friday !
I agree, they need a identity but then again they need a steady solid offensive. It would be very nice to have them be able to spread it out and have a air raid down the field or have the T formation and just run it down your throat. makes it hard and difficult for teams to prepare because you don’t know really what jackson will do come Friday.
Jackson with the T formation with haller, Graham, spires/Yates. That’s solid. Haller carried the load on the final drive against gallia. Just put the team on his back, I think it opened the coaches eyes that he needs to have the ball in his hands the rest of the season more often after that game performance. Ice has a good arm and he can toss it, we have plenty of play makers.
The defense is stout, few things need fixing but not much. I’d hate to be any team jackson faces from now until the end of the season if Jackson is running on all cylinders at 100%. this team is so athletic and talented, they are a sleeping giant waiting to explode.
Come now, you played a 1-3 Wellston team, 2-2 Fairfield union team who hasn't beat anyone, Gallia probably should've won that game and lost to a 0-3 WB team who played a tough schedule. Not a juggernaut schedule

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This is the type of game Jackson needs to win. You can not allow a team with zero wins to defeat you. Hopefully Jackson learns from this and moves on quickly.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I will say that the Broncos were the best team Jackson has played all year imo and after spotting them 27 points they almost pulled it off

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

I've this post twice now and since I don't have dog in the hunt I have one question.
Do both teams have to sign off on the officials? I could be completely wrong.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:57 pm I've this post twice now and since I don't have dog in the hunt I have one question.
Do both teams have to sign off on the officials? I could be completely wrong.
Sorry it should say " I've read this post twice..."

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:39 pm I will say that the Broncos were the best team Jackson has played all year imo and after spotting them 27 points they almost pulled it off
Well if you look at who they lost to teams are a combined 10-2 and that included a D2 school

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

This guy sure knows how to shake the pom-poms for Jackson. 7th grade team? LOL. What's next, you gonna tell us all about the pee wee super bowl team? Hilarious. And all this is AFTER losing to an 0-3 team. Has to be a parent, 'cause objectivity went out the window a long time ago.

Return to “Football”