Waverly 41 Fairland 27

Momma
Waterboy

Re: Week 4 Fairland (2-1) at Waverly (3-0)

Post by Momma »

The Flush wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:20 pm I am pretty sure his mother and step father live in the school district. He has been at Waverly since he was a kid and left for 1 year while living with his father and now he is back. At least I think that is the case. He played baseball for Waverly this last spring.
I just met him through football at Huntington. He was a good kid. I did hear that he went back to his mom.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

seopcommenter wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:39 pm
Momma wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:04 pm Will the defense line Swepston be eligible to play the second half of the season? I heard he done some school hopping. I heard he has a brother on the team as well. He was in top 10 in sacks in SVC last year.
lots is school hooping on this wavearly team .. hard to root for them hometown boys when their arent many !! just in my opnion

wavearly will win this game by a lot of points ,, most of them scored by lebron and chillicothe/unionoto/paintvalley !!!

Man this is silly. If a kid moves to the school district for sports for school just because it doesn’t matter. Every school has someone move in or transfer for any number of reasons. Fact is waverly didn’t break any rules. Plenty of teams get ppl in sometimes they never play sometimes you get a kid like shoemaker. As long as no rules are broken who cares. Waverly lucked out got some good kids in at the right time congrats to them. I did laugh when Crabtree said the reason shoemaker got so many carries against us was because the other back had an injury. If you have a kid like that get it to him lol. If he has the stamina they might have to use more wildcat against a team like burg he could cause lot of problems. Sucks that he moved to waverly, if he wanted out of Chillicothe he coulda just came to the u and his parents could have saved money on the move lol.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:54 pm
seopcommenter wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:39 pm
Momma wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:04 pm Will the defense line Swepston be eligible to play the second half of the season? I heard he done some school hopping. I heard he has a brother on the team as well. He was in top 10 in sacks in SVC last year.
lots is school hooping on this wavearly team .. hard to root for them hometown boys when their arent many !! just in my opnion

wavearly will win this game by a lot of points ,, most of them scored by lebron and chillicothe/unionoto/paintvalley !!!

Man this is silly. If a kid moves to the school district for sports for school just because it doesn’t matter. Every school has someone move in or transfer for any number of reasons. Fact is waverly didn’t break any rules. Plenty of teams get ppl in sometimes they never play sometimes you get a kid like shoemaker. As long as no rules are broken who cares. Waverly lucked out got some good kids in at the right time congrats to them. I did laugh when Crabtree said the reason shoemaker got so many carries against us was because the other back had an injury. If you have a kid like that get it to him lol. If he has the stamina they might have to use more wildcat against a team like burg he could cause lot of problems. Sucks that he moved to waverly, if he wanted out of Chillicothe he coulda just came to the u and his parents could have saved money on the move lol.
Could've, but who would want to go to the U when they can go to Waverly? lol

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

smurray wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:00 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:25 pm How's Marquez doing?
My understanding is he is ready to go.
Also heard Zach Brown may be back next week vs NY.
I may have jumped the gun on that one, but that's what I heard at the time...

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Day of game in tiger town, and I'll take the tigers at home. I see fairland keeping it close to begin but just won't be able to continue the speed all game
Waverly- 48
Fairland 20

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Kicker. wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:45 pm Day of game in tiger town, and I'll take the tigers at home. I see fairland keeping it close to begin but just won't be able to continue the speed all game
Waverly- 48
Fairland 20
Game Day in the Jungle!
Just a few minutes more than 4 hours to kickoff.
Would love to see the Tigers jump out kick and then wear them down.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

Turns out Fairland had some speedsters of their own. They had a lot of offensive yards, rushing and passing. It was a good game to watch although Waverly for some of the game seemed a little out of sync. When they were on, their passing and their running was very good. There were lots of penalties on both sides. Shoemaker is something for sure. We were there with the 1968 graduating class from Waverly and most stayed to the end. 41-27 Waverly.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

FIRST QUARTER
9:46 Phoenix Wolfe 20 yd TD reception - PAT by Diener 7-0 Waverly
7:19 Easton Wolfe 26 yd TD reception - Diener PAT 14-0 Waverly
Fairland threatened but a huge sack by Swepston pushed the ball back to the 18 on 2nd & goal at the 9.
A 4th down pass to Gavin Hunt was stopped just short, at the 1 with 3:22 remaining in the 1st.

SECOND QUARTER
Fairland was threatening again early in the 2nd.
Two big sacks on 2nd & 3rd downs pushed the ball back to 4th and 23 at the 37.
Waverlys next possession saw a Shanks pass tipped up and picked and returned to the Tiger 35.
9:26 Gavin Hunt 35 yd TD reception Alec Bruce PAT. Waverly lead 14-7
5:43 Will Futhey (Freshman) 3 yd TD reception Diener PAT Waverly lead 21-7
(Big pass play from the 48 to the 3 to Easton Wolfe to set up the TD)
Fairland with a big catch & run out to the 48 and a late hit out of bounds took to the Tiger 43.
With 4:19 to play in the half Zeke Brown with a great pick at the 20 but they call PI - (like to see that one again)
4:13 first play after the PI call 20 yd TD reception by Brennan West Bruce PAT and Waverly lead 21-14
Fairland held Waverly and Shoemaker punt to the 7.
Waverly held Fairland and forced a punt.
Easton Wolfe returned the punt to the Fairland 23.
1:12 Shoemaker 5 yd TD run Diener PAT
HALFTIME
Waverly 28
Fairland 14

THIRD QUARTER
No Scoring
With 1:25 to play in the 3rd Fairland had it 4th and 2 at the 14 and failed to convert.

FOURTH QUARTER
Waverly had it 1st and 19 at their own 21 and completed a pass to Easton Wolfe to the Dragon 39. An amazing diving catch and interfered with (it was called).
9:35 another completion to Easton Wolfe to the 5.
9:26 Ethan Brooker 5 yd TD run PAT no good Waverly lead 34-14
4:45 Joel Lambiotte 1 yd TD run on 4th & goal at the one. Bruce PAT and Waverly lead 34-21
Waverly held the Dragons on 3 previous run attempts from the 1.
Waverly with the good hands team on for the onside kick. Only problem is no one went for the ball. Recovered by Fairland at the Waverly 49.
3:08 4th & 5 at the 30 incomplete pass but they call roughing the passer. Fairland ball at 15.
2:39 Fairland going in for a score and fumble at the 3.
1:03 28 yd TD completion to Easton Wolfe Diener PAT and Waverly lead 41-21
JV’s come in - Fairland drives down the field. JD Brumfield scores from 8 yds with no time remaining

FINAL 41-27

Interesting stats in this one I’m sure. Fairland may have outgained the Tigers but the scoreboard is what matters.

Waverly was missing senior leader (WR & lock down corner) tonight.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Fairland is a solid team kept with Waverly for the most part just when the went down 2 scores they were in a big hold the rest of the game. Easily the best team waverly has played 4 games in

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

Kicker. wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:52 pm Fairland is a solid team kept with Waverly for the most part just when the went down 2 scores they were in a big hold the rest of the game. Easily the best team waverly has played 4 games in
Yes, a better than average 2-2 team for sure.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Waverly 41 Fairland 27

Post by mattash »

Waverly 41 Fairland 27

can someone post the box score

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Stats
H. Shanks 17-28 305yds 4tds 1int
Lambiotte 29-48 340 yds 2tds

E Wolf 7rec 230yds 2tds
P Wolf 3rec 45 yds 1td
W Futhey 2rec 16yds 1td

Stitt 8rec 128yds
Hunt 4rec 90yds 1td

Shoemaker 14 att 45yds 1td
Brooker 8 att 24yds 1 td

Stitt 6att 53yds

Defense

E Wolf 11 tackles 3 assist 1 fumble recovery
Ez Brown 8 tackles 2 assist 1 TFL
Swepston 4 tackles 2 sacks 2 TFLs

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Waverly Fairland
Total Plays 65 100
Total Yards 391 464
Passing Yards 316 340
Rushing Yards 75 124
First Downs 18 26
Third Down Efficiency 3-11
(27%) 6-19
(32%)
Fourth Down Efficiency 2-3
(67%) 4-7
(57%)
Turnovers 1 1
Fumbles Lost 0 1
Interceptions Thrown 1 0
Penalties 9 12
Yards 57 159

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Fairland has a very good team. Their lines on both sides of the ball are very good. The Stitt kid has some speed and hurt Waverly with those after catch yards. Waverly was missing Marquez which I think would have made a difference there. Hope to see him and Zach Brown back on the field next week. Waverly has a lot to work on defensively this week.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sports-nut wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:18 am Fairland has a very good team. Their lines on both sides of the ball are very good. The Stitt kid has some speed and hurt Waverly with those after catch yards. Waverly was missing Marquez which I think would have made a difference there. Hope to see him and Zach Brown back on the field next week. Waverly has a lot to work on defensively this week.
Marquez out def. hurt the Tigers in this one, especially on defense. As good as he is at WR, a threat to go the distance with any catch, he was missed more so on the defensive side of the ball. Tigers were playing it safe instead of playing the receivers tight which hurt. I’m not sure he or Brown will be back next week.

Easton Wolfe with a monster game on both sides of the ball.

oldguy1369
Waterboy

Post by oldguy1369 »

Congratulations to Waverly on the win and best of luck for the rest of the year. Ironton could learn a lot about class from you guys. You all have a very good, athletic team. Thank you for your hospitality and loved the steakburgers.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

smurray wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:31 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:00 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:25 pm How's Marquez doing?
My understanding is he is ready to go.
Also heard Zach Brown may be back next week vs NY.
I may have jumped the gun on that one, but that's what I heard at the time...

No Marquez and P. Wolf out in the second Qtr def. hurt our secondary. I think both should be back next week. Sounds like Zack Brown will be full go in time for the SOC opener.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Glad Waverly posted another win. Good luck to both squads next week.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

oldguy1369 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:31 pm Congratulations to Waverly on the win and best of luck for the rest of the year. Ironton could learn a lot about class from you guys. You all have a very good, athletic team. Thank you for your hospitality and loved the steakburgers.
Thanks for that. Glad you enjoyed your time at our downtown facility. The tent has the best burgers, fish and brats around. Glad you were able to get one. They often sell out. Good luck to Fairland the rest of the season. Sitting at 8 in region 15 you guys still have the playoffs in your grasp.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

There is not a single game left on Fairland's remaining schedule that they can't win. Really impressed with the QB, receivers and overall team speed. They have some kids that can fly. Ironton probably wouldn't want them on a dry field.

Good to see Waverly get the win. Most of us knew it wouldn't come easily. Just hoping we can get a couple injured kids back soon. One game at a time and don't overlook anyone. Not an easy team left on our schedule from here on out.

Return to “Football”