Academy 16 Newark Catholic 14

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The biggest differences in this one was Newark Catholic had trouble making tackles and they had 11 penalties.

Newark Catholic did see its defense play good ball int he second half, where they shutout Academy and held them(according to the radio stat guy) 37 yards in the 2nd half.

Matt Carlisle(NC) threw a 41 yard touchdown pass to
Mason Lohr,who I believe caught just the one pass for the game. Carlisle also threw a touchdown pass to Grant Myers, I believe caught 8 passes.

Academy scored their 2nd touchdown after it appeared the Green Wave had recovered a fumble.
Less than a minute later, Academy QB Brady Hess hit tailback Carter Warstler on a easy to read bubble screen to the left sideline, and he turned it into a 44-yard touchdown.

Sam Massick(Academy) made a short field goal to give the Vikings the early 3-0 lead.The field goal was set up by a 61-yard run by Warstler, on the first play from from scrimmage. The scored would go to 10-0, after a Warstler 20 yard run.

Without starting tailback, who is out with an injury , the Newark Catholic ground game continued to struggle. Mikey Canning gain 52 yards, but needed 17 carries to do it and five of the carries resulted in zero yards.

NC had 13 first downs to Academy's 11, and 270 total yards to 263 for the Vikings. Which goes to shows, you can not have 11 penalties for 95 yards in a close game and expect to win.

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Re: Academy 16 Newark Catholic 14

Post by Slappy »

Its a shame that NC plays such a tough schedule, I am pretty sure that they are one of the 3 best teams in R23. I see 3 more losses for them and 5-5 is not gonna get them enough comp. pts. to get in the top 8.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Academy 16 Newark Catholic 14

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I predicted 4 wins with 6 being the best case scenario.
Injuries,no discipline coupled with poor tackling is going to make three wins hard to come by, this season.

Return to “Football”