Green 16 East 8

MountaineerMan2018
Waterboy

Re: 0-3 East @ 3-0 Green

Post by MountaineerMan2018 »

Numbers are low for East this year. Haney is gone. We still have Kyle Flannery a good athlete from last year, but lost a lot. Like I said this game has been irrelavant to East players from the past years due to lack of a competitive game, however this year the tide looks to be changing.

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

I heard someone say that East was down to around 15 players. Surely they aren't that low right? But again, that's the boat that Green has been in the past few years so the tables have turned

Green_05
Riding the Bench

Post by Green_05 »

BobcatBall wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:20 pm Haney was a rented player. Apparently he found faith in Catholicism and now plays for Notre Dame.

It is a little sad from the East fans though. Usually they blow this thread up every year. This year it seems like they have already given up.
Lol that made me laugh GO GREEN BOBCATS

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

SPelf wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:48 pm I heard someone say that East was down to around 15 players. Surely they aren't that low right? But again, that's the boat that Green has been in the past few years so the tables have turned
The game I have been able to attend so far looked like around 25 or so, but low compared to past years.

Green_05
Riding the Bench

Post by Green_05 »

Greens right side of their offensive line needs to learn how to block of they are going to keep winning

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Score was way off from what I expected. Green must of had a bad night or something. Or the other teams were not that good. Hopefully they fix whatever went wrong last night. I expected 40 or more points.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
nowadays
Waterboy

Post by nowadays »

I don't want to rain on Greens parade but I am not surprised of the score look who Green has played in their first 3 games isn't this West Unions first year of varsity football. I remember when Green first started football back in 1977 they were 8-0-1 going into the last game of the year. They picked up East who was 4-4-1 going in. East play Notre Dame and Northwest but the difference then was that East also played West Minford Chesapeake Valley and Wheelersburg. East ended up winning 29-14 so the competition makes up the difference when two teams are playing with complete different records. So before you go planning reservations to the state finals take each game as it comes.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

This isn't West Union's first year with football, this is Green 4th year playing them.
Green doesn't think their going to the state finals, that's just stupid.
They're just happy to be 4-0, and taking one game at a time.
It's been awhile since they had a winning season. Being an old
Bobcat I'm happy for them. The last Green game I went too they beat
East I believe 42-38 was the score in 2013.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

nowadays wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:40 pm I don't want to rain on Greens parade but I am not surprised of the score look who Green has played in their first 3 games isn't this West Unions first year of varsity football. I remember when Green first started football back in 1977 they were 8-0-1 going into the last game of the year. They picked up East who was 4-4-1 going in. East play Notre Dame and Northwest but the difference then was that East also played West Minford Chesapeake Valley and Wheelersburg. East ended up winning 29-14 so the competition makes up the difference when two teams are playing with complete different records. So before you go planning reservations to the state finals take each game as it comes.
LOL, everyone knows they haven't played anyone, but even before this season they weren't playing tough competition and were losing. West union has been playing club ball for 5-6 years I think, but you'll catch up. No-one was planning anything funny how 1 close game and ppl come from the wood work to knock them down. Going to have a let down game ability to win that game is what will improve the team.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

nowadays wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:40 pm I don't want to rain on Greens parade but I am not surprised of the score look who Green has played in their first 3 games isn't this West Unions first year of varsity football. I remember when Green first started football back in 1977 they were 8-0-1 going into the last game of the year. They picked up East who was 4-4-1 going in. East play Notre Dame and Northwest but the difference then was that East also played West Minford Chesapeake Valley and Wheelersburg. East ended up winning 29-14 so the competition makes up the difference when two teams are playing with complete different records. So before you go planning reservations to the state finals take each game as it comes.
:roll: :roll: :roll: Congrads to Coach Ted and the Bobcats on a fine start to their season!

BobcatBall
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatBall »

I always love when people say "you haven't played anyone" crap.
Greens the second smallest program next to Notre Dame... Who the hell do you expect them to play???? Its not like they are Ironton or Burg out there running the score up on West Union.
People who make that argument are people who don't want to give other schools any credit. I dont care who Green plays. A school with an average graduating class size in the low 40s even HAVING football is an accomplishment, let alone being 4-0. Save your hater aide for the Burg topics. Or better yet... Point it to a program like North West so is one of the biggest schools in the county but get to hide in the SOC1.

On to last night's game...

Green underperformed. After their initial quick touchdown they were out coached when they were on offense. Very predictable.. If everyone in the stands can tell they are only running 3-5 plays then I promise any decent has coach who studied film knew it too. That's what happened here.
While Green was predictable due to a lack of creativity in play calling. East was just as predictable due to a lack of talent. Everyone knew #2 was getting the ball in some way or form. That's why you had a rare low scoring game when both teams knew exactly what the other was going to do.

Congrats to the Bobcats on being 4-0. I pick them to win next week Vs Symmes Valley also.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Go Cats.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

BobcatBall wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:38 am I always love when people say "you haven't played anyone" crap.
Greens the second smallest program next to Notre Dame... Who the hell do you expect them to play???? Its not like they are Ironton or Burg out there running the score up on West Union.
People who make that argument are people who don't want to give other schools any credit. I dont care who Green plays. A school with an average graduating class size in the low 40s even HAVING football is an accomplishment, let alone being 4-0. Save your hater aide for the Burg topics. Or better yet... Point it to a program like North West so is one of the biggest schools in the county but get to hide in the SOC1.

Green underperformed. After their initial quick touchdown they were out coached when they were on offense. Very predictable.. If everyone in the stands can tell they are only running 3-5 plays then I promise any decent has coach who studied film knew it too. That's what happened here.
While Green was predictable due to a lack of creativity in play calling. East was just as predictable due to a lack of talent. Everyone knew #2 was getting the ball in some way or form. That's why you had a rare low scoring game when both teams knew exactly what the other was going to do.

Congrats to the Bobcats on being 4-0. I pick them to win next week Vs Symmes Valley also.
I don't think anyone from Northwest made any snide remarks about the Bobcats. For you to mention Northwest in your post is uncalled for. Actually, if you want a truer indication of district size, calculate male student per square mile. I've been calling for it for several years as it pertains to state divisions. By the way, Ted is a great person and he and the Cats deserve all the success in the world. Great to see it.

BobcatBall
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatBall »

bfry wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:41 pm
BobcatBall wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:38 am I always love when people say "you haven't played anyone" crap.

I don't think anyone from Northwest made any snide remarks about the Bobcats. For you to mention Northwest in your post is uncalled for. Actually, if you want a truer indication of district size, calculate male student per square mile. I've been calling for it for several years as it pertains to state divisions. By the way, Ted is a great person and he and the Cats deserve all the success in the world. Great to see it.
This isn't the place for the Northwest Debate. But I'll comment one last time on it. Male student per square mile is elrelivant. The number that matters is enrollment in the school. Just because the school covers a larger geographical area doesn't effect the numbers in the actual school and that's what counts.

I will actually give Northwest props though. Them and Oak Hill are the two teams on the schedule left that will challenge Green

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Green 16 East 8

Post by mattash »

Green 16 East 8

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”