Thoughts?

Westfall by 10

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Pioneer94
Waterboy

Re: 2-1 Zane Trace @ 3-0 Westfall

Post by Pioneer94 »

Well, Westfall 3-0 to start the Season, ZT 2-1. Scratching the beat down the Pioneers took in Week 2 to a Waverly Team that would scorch any team in the surrounding area, the Pioneers looked better in Week 3. Greenfield is not a great team, but they have some size and talent. However, last week the Pioneers looked like a different ball team in terms of scheme etc. than they did on weeks 1 and 2.

On Defense: They gave up two long runs on mistakes and a pick 6 that shouldn't have been thrown. Defensively, the Pioneers found another scheme that worked pretty well to offset a smaller defensive front. Offensively, the Pioneers tailback, Kearan Place, hit the holes and they figured out the QB, Shanton, has legs in addition to his arm. Cougar Stauffer had another good game at FB (11 carries for 111 yds 3 TDs). On Special Teams, the Pioneers turned it over on downs on the 2 yd. line due to a bad snap, leading to one score. Long Snapping and Blocking up front on Special Teams remain to be an issue. They have one of the best kickers (Christian Fetters) in Southern Ohio, but ZT has allowed a FG and a PAT to be blocked in the last two games. Need to clean it up as they go into League Play.

Overall: I think the Mustangs will see a different team in Week 4 then what they will see in film from Week 1 and 2. This team is young and is still growing. Coach Kunz and staff will have them ready for this week.

Not sure what the Mustangs have yet, but excited for them to reach the 3-0 record. Shows the strength of the league. If the Pioneers build on the defense and confidence from week 3 and can move the ball on the ground to open up the passing game, I'll say Pioneers by two scores. If not, it will be a low scoring affair.

Self Admitting, I'm a little bias...
Last edited by Pioneer94 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Yeah, nobody in the SVC was beating Waverly this year, so you can toss that result out when comparing the teams.

I’m really looking forward to this game. I’ll take the Pioneers on the road, but if Westfall get the win, there’s a pretty decent chance that they will be 7-0 when Unioto visits in Week 8.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Both of these teams have beat nobody.
Logan Elm, Circleville, Madison Plains and McClain are all 0-3 and probably won't win 5 games between them.
So, who knows about this game.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hoping its a great game, with no injuries and when all is said and done Westfall gets the win.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Bozo wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:16 pm Both of these teams have beat nobody.
Logan Elm, Circleville, Madison Plains and McClain are all 0-3 and probably won't win 5 games between them.
You can say that about the entire SVC.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:59 pm
Bozo wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:16 pm Both of these teams have beat nobody.
You can say that about the entire SVC.
Obviously. Find a new hill besides this one

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think its a very important game record wise for both teams. I say witchever teams that makes the fewest mistakes will win the game.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Zane Trace wins 17-0.
Did Westfall have their starting QB for this game?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Yes, Westfall did.

Not a great game by either team to be honest. ZT made fewer mistakes and two big plays to set up 10 of its 17 points. ZT also did a nice job stuffing Westfall's run game.

Congrats to the Pioneers on the win.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Zane Trace 17 Westfall 0

Post by mattash »

Zane Trace 17 Westfall 0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”