Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by allamericanironman »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:56 pm BURG is improving week by week the offensive line is really coming together and the defense is starting to gel. Now if they can get a handle on the turnovers this Burg team will be slot to handle for any team especially in the soc2 or southern Ohio for that matter! Just hope for a hard hitting injury free game! Go BURG
Since you brought it up this will be the second or third best o line we have seen this year. They are light in the arse trouble sustaining blocks. Jackson will pose a problem for your line with depth and honestly I don’t know if burg is better in o line or d line. This is why I’m so pumped I love the matchup.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:20 pm
Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:56 pm BURG is improving week by week the offensive line is really coming together and the defense is starting to gel. Now if they can get a handle on the turnovers this Burg team will be slot to handle for any team especially in the soc2 or southern Ohio for that matter! Just hope for a hard hitting injury free game! Go BURG
Since you brought it up this will be the second or third best o line we have seen this year. They are light in the arse trouble sustaining blocks. Jackson will pose a problem for your line with depth and honestly I don’t know if burg is better in o line or d line. This is why I’m so pumped I love the matchup.
Didn't pose any problems for WB and this was pretty much same thing everyone was saying last week. Yet the QB looked like a D1 recruit last week. Jackson will not bring anything more along the line then what Burg has already seen this year that is advantage Burg. If Jackson was everything you said they wouldn't have had to skimp out a win against Gallia and wouldn't have taken the loss to WB.

allamericanironman
All Conference

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:12 pm
Didn't pose any problems for WB and this was pretty much same thing everyone was saying last week. Yet the QB looked like a D1 recruit last week. Jackson will not bring anything more along the line then what Burg has already seen this year that is advantage Burg. If Jackson was everything you said they wouldn't have had to skimp out a win against Gallia and wouldn't have taken the loss to WB.
Your o line is better than burg those boys are good and be darn proud. We have made adjustments personal and sets on defense.

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Dundas »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:08 am Serious question.. I was in Vinton county last week visiting some of my wife’s family. Why do the people there “HATE” Jackson so much? Lol It’s beyond calling them a rival, it’s pure hate! Haha
Might have something to do with transfers. As well as a lot of other things that I won’t get into. As for this game, I’d imagine it will be somewhat competitive. 35-21 Burg

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:08 am Serious question.. I was in Vinton county last week visiting some of my wife’s family. Why do the people there “HATE” Jackson so much? Lol It’s beyond calling them a rival, it’s pure hate! Haha
Grandeur flagpole

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:20 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:12 pm

Your o line is better than burg those boys are good and be darn proud. We have made adjustments personal and sets on defense.
So I guess you are saying that your o-line is better than Hartleys or Wattersons ?Burg did pretty good against Hartley the turnovers cost us dearly in that game. We will see come Friday!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Lol. Our Oline and Dline are going to be the best you’ve seen yet. Our DE’s are athletes an our interior line is quick. Just wait. Our Oline is better already than what we had last year. You are going to be surprised when Jackson is hel under 100 yards rushing. I’ll put money on that.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:09 am
Lol. Our Oline and Dline are going to be the best you’ve seen yet. Our DE’s are athletes an our interior line is quick. Just wait. Our Oline is better already than what we had last year. You are going to be surprised when Jackson is hel under 100 yards rushing. I’ll put money on that.
This is really amusing your o line the best huh I have to laugh.

allamericanironman
All Conference

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:39 am

You are not a lineman my friend. Every other position except line backers I can’t argue. That’s why we win the game if we win and I’m guessing I am not the only one who sees this.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:41 am

You are not a lineman my friend.
allamericanironman will now be addressed only as uncle rico.

allamericanironman
All Conference

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:48 am

Uncle will work that’s what everyone else screams when they have had enough. UNCLE!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:10 am
wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:48 am

Uncle will work that’s what everyone else screams when they have had enough. UNCLE!!!
Whatever you say Rico. If only they'd put you in, you'd take state. I bet you can throw a football over a mountain.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You are not a lineman my friend. Every other position except line backers I can’t argue. That’s why we win the game if we win and I’m guessing I am not the only one who sees this.
You’re right, I’m not a lineman. I’m an electrician. Certified to remove shorts and check boxes.

Beyond that. We’ll have crow served hot for you after the game Uncle RICO.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

Not stirring here at all, but I am curious. When we the last time Jackson defeated Wheelersburg?

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

I'll take Wheelersburg 35- Jackson 14............Always going to root for the FAC, so i'm hoping Jackson proves me wrong!

allamericanironman
All Conference

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:17 pm

You’re right, I’m not a lineman. I’m an electrician. Certified to remove shorts and check boxes.

Let’s just change the subject because you fail to substantiate your claimes of this great o line how big strong smart they are. You can’t there are average at best tiny weak. I was being nice earlier.

allamericanironman
All Conference

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:59 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Let’s just change the subject because you fail to substantiate your claims of this great o line how big strong smart they are. You can’t they are average at best tiny weak. I was being nice earlier. Let’s instead attack me I have massive shoulders I can take it but when a real burg lineman has something to say I am open to debate the topic.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

old benchwarmer wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:33 pm Not stirring here at all, but I am curious. When we the last time Jackson defeated Wheelersburg?
Jackson defeated Wheelersburg 27-0 in 2014.
All time record in series is lead by Burg 14-7 with a 5-1 record in last 6 meetings.

allamericanironman
All Conference

I love Vc they all come to town spend all their money at Walmart and ultimately make us stronger.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:06 pm
old benchwarmer wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:33 pm Not stirring here at all, but I am curious. When we the last time Jackson defeated Wheelersburg?
Jackson defeated Wheelersburg 27-0 in 2014.
All time record in series is lead by Burg 14-7 with a 5-1 record in last 6 meetings.
A little history about Jackson and the super generation. It goes back to the 1920s. We have a every 20 years Jackson has the same families and relatives reproducing this has held true with the only exception in the 70s when Ironton was doing what they did. But still had an undefeated team in 69. If history and facts hold true Jackson state championship maybe I am using burg as my yard stick in the theory. I left out the best part this years sophomore class is the first year of the 4 or 5 year supers.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”