Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Ironman92 »

ironman02 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 pm Wheelersburg has had Jackson's number the last few years. I believe the Pirates are 1-5 against the Ironmen since the series was renewed, with the lone win for Jackson coming in 2014. I wasn't able to make it to that game because I was out of town in Washington, DC. Well, I will once again be in Washington DC this weekend. Hopefully this is a good sign. lol

Anyway, Jackson hasn't really put it all together this season. Last week's loss is still shocking to me. I knew that WB had a great QB, but I just never expected Jackson to spot them 27 points. For the Ironmen to have any chance this week, they'll have to play four great quarters of football, which is something they haven't done yet. Get the running game going, control the clock as much as possible, and win the turnover battle. Gonna be a tough task, but as mentioned above, anything can happen. That's why they play the games.

Good luck to the Ironmen.
Welp...Ironmen are undefeated when 02 is in DC during game and also undefeated at Burg when I am at the game.

Gotta win according to the numbers

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Holden is a basketball player that plays football but very talented at both sports! I’ve had the privelage of seeing him play both sports. His effort last year against Harvest Prep was special.

Hopefully he can make it thru the football season without getting hurt.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:18 pm Holden is a basketball player that plays football but very talented at both sports! I’ve had the privelage of seeing him play both sports. His effort last year against Harvest Prep was special.

Hopefully he can make it thru the football season without getting hurt.
I wasn’t sold on him in basketball until I saw him against HP....that was a show he put on.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:09 pm
ironman02 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 pm Wheelersburg has had Jackson's number the last few years. I believe the Pirates are 1-5 against the Ironmen since the series was renewed, with the lone win for Jackson coming in 2014. I wasn't able to make it to that game because I was out of town in Washington, DC. Well, I will once again be in Washington DC this weekend. Hopefully this is a good sign. lol

Anyway, Jackson hasn't really put it all together this season. Last week's loss is still shocking to me. I knew that WB had a great QB, but I just never expected Jackson to spot them 27 points. For the Ironmen to have any chance this week, they'll have to play four great quarters of football, which is something they haven't done yet. Get the running game going, control the clock as much as possible, and win the turnover battle. Gonna be a tough task, but as mentioned above, anything can happen. That's why they play the games.

Good luck to the Ironmen.
Welp...Ironmen are undefeated when 02 is in DC during game and also undefeated at Burg when I am at the game.

Gotta win according to the numbers
I will do you all one better than that. I have never seen a wheelersbutg touchdown in that stadium 2 scrimmages and I went as a guest in 2014. I still am shocked that this game is going to be close.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 am Jackson the last 2 weeks has started out very slow and even week 1 they were very sloppy to begin things and even found themselves down to Wellston to start. It took a 17 play 99 yard drive to pull it off against Gallia, WB quarterback looked like he was playing against Jackson's 7th grade team. Burg has taken on better opponents so far this year and I believe that will help them in this game as they take this one by 2-3 scores. If Jackson starts out slow it gets bad real fast and will totally throw Jackson out of their game plan.
I can agree with everything you say except one thing. Jackson’s 7 grade would have dominated Western Brown. Right allamericanironman?
I wouldn’t be surprised mofos

Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

Tough loss last week and this week isn’t getting any easier. Definetly agree we need to play mistake free football. We need to watch out for all of the fake punts/ onside kicks etc and keep burg from jumping out to a big lead early on. Won’t be able to make the game but hopefully Jackson can come out and execute and pull off the upset. Hopeing for an injury free hard hitting competitive game.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Had to do my posts tonight the wife was giving me shot yesterday. I am pumped up. I got my oil checked tires right. I will be bringing my undefeated record. These boys might not be better but they will fight. We all know this and they can mash and put people out and asleep. Tanner get them alagator arms first time across the middle. That little outside in screen “pick and roll” BOOM welcome to game. The outside backer is headhunting he’s 6 5 250! These boys are sick right now and will be set on kill. No plans on a slow start. One thing they do well is take the ball away. Dont be surprised!

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Heard that a Jackson starter got into some trouble this weekend that might force him to have to sit out a few games. Anyone else heard anything?

allamericanironman
All Conference

goblue1395 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:58 pm Heard that a Jackson starter got into some trouble this weekend that might force him to have to sit out a few games. Anyone else heard anything?
News to me.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:13 am
goblue1395 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:58 pm Heard that a Jackson starter got into some trouble this weekend that might force him to have to sit out a few games. Anyone else heard anything?
News to me.
Here we go.. :roll:

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Very simple. The Burg is better this year...again. The Burg will win...again. Thank you for the playoffs points...again.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Washington D C is the crap pool of the country, hope you can get out soon .

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Serious question.. I was in Vinton county last week visiting some of my wife’s family. Why do the people there “HATE” Jackson so much? Lol It’s beyond calling them a rival, it’s pure hate! Haha

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:08 am Serious question.. I was in Vinton county last week visiting some of my wife’s family. Why do the people there “HATE” Jackson so much? Lol It’s beyond calling them a rival, it’s pure hate! Haha

it may come down to jackson thinking they are this powerhouse football machine and not doing much post season wise

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

I don't see Jackson has a powerhouse football machine.
They are a very good program and hard to argue with that.
In the last 9 football seasons they have made the playoffs 5 times.
They have 4 wins and 5 losses in that time frame.

Not as good as the burg for sure but who is around here.
I would say most programs would like to have that resume of playoff appearances.
That is a team goal I am sure of all schools to make the playoffs.

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by countywide35 »

The Ironmen will be up to the challenge.......if anybody can go to the Ed and defeat the defending state champs.....its the Ironmen......looking forward to it........and rest assure the Halls are too.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:22 pm The Ironmen will be up to the challenge.......if anybody can go to the Ed and defeat the defending state champs.....its the Ironmen......looking forward to it........and rest assure the Halls are too.....
I just hope It's a good one, family ties involved, two good teams and if It's a close game don't blame the officials for the loss either way. If any team makes more plays than the other and wins, good for them.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

BURG is improving week by week the offensive line is really coming together and the defense is starting to gel. Now if they can get a handle on the turnovers this Burg team will be slot to handle for any team especially in the soc2 or southern Ohio for that matter! Just hope for a hard hitting injury free game! Go BURG

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JV played in a steady rain for a wet wet game.

Jackson prevailed 22-7

Burg could not get the ball to their punter, cost them 3x

Neither team could do much on offense.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 pm JV played in a steady rain for a wet wet game.

Jackson prevailed 22-7

Burg could not get the ball to their punter, cost them 3x

Neither team could do much on offense.
not sounding so silly now someone might know what they are talking about.

Return to “Football”