Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by old benchwarmer »

First I will say that I like the city of Jackson and the history of sports there. But I will say that years ago, "many" years ago, we won our game against Jackson there and when we were pulling out in the school bus, fans were throwing rocks at our bus. They take their football pretty serious there. ;-)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No clue why you guys keep responding to him

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:58 pm Great stadium atmosphere. Enjoyed the closeness to field. Burg crowd very appreciative of our band.

I’ll plan on attending future games there for sure.
Your band put on a heck of a show

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:05 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:58 pm Great stadium atmosphere. Enjoyed the closeness to field. Burg crowd very appreciative of our band.

A ton of time put into it for sure.

I thought Jackson did well on Holden but the one time I thought his decoy was huge in the long td pass

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Good win by The Burg. Sloppy at times, but a win is a win. Jackson’s band was great. Both their QB and D-line played very well. Jackson’s play calling was much better in the second half once they opened it up some. Good luck rest of the year Ironmen. Hope you win your remaining games.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:19 pm Good win by The Burg. Sloppy at times, but a win is a win. Jackson’s band was great. Both their QB and D-line played very well. Jackson’s play calling was much better in the second half once they opened it up some. Good luck rest of the year Ironmen. Hope you win your remaining games.
I was very proud of the defensive line...they caused a lot of problem

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Good game Burg. Very physical game as usual. Stingy defense and tanner Holden is just a difference maker. Jackson played with more intensity than last week . Officiating didn’t cost Jackson the game but a few calls I am puzzled about. Maybe my Burg friends can shed some light.

1. The pass interference on Holden at the goal line before the half . The official looking at it dropped the flag . Then the official 50 yards away waves it off. Did he say the ball was unatchable ?? If so I understand that. But how can he wave off a call that the official looking at the play called ?

2. The kick return where the burg returner dropped the balled fell down on it and got up and was allowed to advance the ball ?? Shouldn’t he be down at that point ?

3. The burg qb clearly fumbled the football and was ruled down ?

Not trying to argue just curious.

Anyways good game and good luck to the Pirates

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

Post by mattash »

Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Burg96
Waterboy

Post by Burg96 »

1. From my vantage point, there was very little contact on that play before half. I was shocked a flag was even thrown.

2. This was a weird play. My only thought is did the kick returner not have control of the ball when his knees were down? Then as gets up and secures the ball he was ruled that he could advance the ball? Not even sure myself

3. I couldn’t see this play at all from my vantage point so I won’t comment.

Game seemed a little uneven with all the flags but still a hard-hitting game.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Burg96 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:33 am 1. From my vantage point, there was very little contact on that play before half. I was shocked a flag was even thrown.

2. This was a weird play. My only thought is did the kick returner not have control of the ball when his knees were down? Then as gets up and secures the ball he was ruled that he could advance the ball? Not even sure myself

I agree on the pass interference, not much there but once the flag was dropped why was it picked up and waved off ? He threw it for a reason.

Maybe they just had an off night lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:41 am
Burg96 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:33 am 1. From my vantage point, there was very little contact on that play before half. I was shocked a flag was even thrown.

I agree on the pass interference, not much there but once the flag was dropped why was it picked up and waved off ? He threw it for a reason.

Maybe they just had an off night lol
I’m glad he waived it off. Took guts to do that. He clearly anticipated that interference when everyone knew it wasn’t. That’s a good crew. I did think QB for burg fumbled but the official adamantly thought he was down. The kickoff return was sketchy too but it only gave Burg an extra 20 yards. The officiating did not cost the game for Jackson at all. I do agree they weren’t crisp.

Mike
Waterboy

Post by Mike »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:19 pm Good win by The Burg. Sloppy at times, but a win is a win. Jackson’s band was great. Both their QB and D-line played very well. Jackson’s play calling was much better in the second half once they opened it up some. Good luck rest of the year Ironmen. Hope you win your remaining games.
Be nice to see them open it up a bit before they’re down 2 TDS playing from behind.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

At the time all you degerative gamblers were losing that’s why the flags and and blindness. The spread was 14 we had a 13 point lead thus the need get points at all cost. This is a blackeye that will ever remain on a tainted game. That was the best tackling offensive line I’ve ever seen if you can’t block just grab them and hang on for the ride or the bear hug tackling blocks were the best!
Last edited by allamericanironman on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Who had a 13 point lead? Uncle Rico 😆

allamericanironman
All Conference

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:11 am Who had a 13 point lead? Uncle Rico 😆
We had a one point lead if your a betting man over your head huh

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

closer score than I thought!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:05 pm

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting, Da Burg was fast as lightning.

Ditto on band, good luck rest of way.

allamericanironman
All Conference

We had some chances missed our chance at a pick 6. You are the better team. Go kick some ass and represent the dirty south! I still am not convinced your two touchdowns better...lol I will be rooting for you might even go cheerlead at state. Go get them! Sorry if I’ve hurt any feelings.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Never doubted the outcome.
Big playoff points for the Burg.

Good luck to both teams next week.

For the Burg fans, Eastwood got upset by a point last night.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am Never doubted the outcome.
Big playoff points for the Burg.

Good luck to both teams next week.

For the Burg fans, Eastwood got upset by a point last night.
A little shocking. Don’t know anything about Rossford but there a D5 team that’s now 2-3

Return to “Football”