Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Ironman92 »

I’m a terrible x’s And o’s guy and a former golfer, not gridiron.....but it didn’t seem like Jackson had anyone in the middle of the field on so many plays. Seemed like our great linebackers were chasing QB in backfield or coverage. Burg isn’t going to be easier at all. I hope our dline can clog things up and apply pressure on passes, our LBs can read play and make mashing tackles and keep middle area/distance contained and Db’s And safeties aren’t needed a ton for tackles. The first 3 drives I don’t think I’ve seen less friction since 2001 at Logan. Edit: I’m not knocking any player or coach, just seemed middle was empty a lot)

Adjustments were made and most every kid battled their heart out...tough loss.

Now the rebound and at state champ Burg. Early penalties or turnovers will lead to another 27-0 hole. I thought our oline played their best game of the season and they will hopefully continue to improve. Couple less penalties and a couple better pass protections and they are good to go IMO. Proud of their improvement. Special teams are nicely improved and have been solid.

Offense looks good in the T and when Spires/Yates and company are going downhill. Ice probably won’t have the keep available at Burg but he has been good and plays hard. Vs Burg probably will need to hit some big passes and some screen type....no doubt he can do it.

Gotta take care of the ball and I’ll end with this....again, I don’t know my football but I do believe on every play all 11 players have a job on that play be it offense or defense, do your job every play and never ever quit on a play. Do that and I’ll cheer my butt off whether you win by 60 or lose by 60. I’ve been watching Jackson since about 1984, have witnessed around 250 Ironmen football games....I’ve never went and watched at Burg, but will be there Friday to watch what I know will be special...do it Ironmen.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think burgs receivers will be the difference in this game. If our line can give Trent time this game will never be in doubt. On the other hand if burg turns the ball over like they did last night I think Jackson could pull off the upset.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:24 pm I’m a terrible x’s And o’s guy and a former golfer, not gridiron.....but it didn’t seem like Jackson had anyone in the middle of the field on so many plays. Seemed like our great linebackers were chasing QB in backfield or coverage. Burg isn’t going to be easier at all. I hope our dline can clog things up and apply pressure on passes, our LBs can read play and make mashing tackles and keep middle area/distance contained and Db’s And safeties aren’t needed a ton for tackles. The first 3 drives I don’t think I’ve seen less friction since 2001 at Logan. Edit: I’m not knocking any player or coach, just seemed middle was empty a lot)

Now the rebound and at state champ Burg. Early penalties or turnovers will lead to another 27-0 hole. I thought our oline played their best game of the season and they will hopefully continue to improve. Couple less penalties and a couple better pass protections and they are good to go IMO. Proud of their improvement. Special teams are nicely improved and have been solid.

Offense looks good in the T and when Spires/Yates and company are going downhill. Ice probably won’t have the keep available at Burg but he has been good and plays hard. Vs Burg probably will need to hit some big passes and some screen type....no doubt he can do it.

Gotta take care of the ball and I’ll end with this....again, I don’t know my football but I do believe on every play all 11 players have a job on that play be it offense or defense, do your job every play and never ever quit on a play. Do that and I’ll cheer my butt off whether you win by 60 or lose by 60. I’ve been watching Jackson since about 1984, have witnessed around 250 Ironmen football games....I’ve never went and watched at Burg, but will be there Friday to watch what I know will be special...do it Ironmen.
Agree. What I would like to see is 4 qts. Put a hat on a hat. Both teams running the T and see who is better like when we use to beat these guys easily in a scrimmage. No trick plays we don’t need kickers or refs. We see who wants it more. We all know this is a fantasy they are going to spread us out and exploit our weeknesses. Maybe not but this is the way we use to decide it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:27 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:24 pm I’m a terrible x’s And o’s guy and a former golfer, not gridiron.....but it didn’t seem like Jackson had anyone in the middle of the field on so many plays. Seemed like our great linebackers were chasing QB in backfield or coverage. Burg isn’t going to be easier at all. I hope our dline can clog things up and apply pressure on passes, our LBs can read play and make mashing tackles and keep middle area/distance contained and Db’s And safeties aren’t needed a ton for tackles. The first 3 drives I don’t think I’ve seen less friction since 2001 at Logan. Edit: I’m not knocking any player or coach, just seemed middle was empty a lot)

Agree. What I would like to see is 4 qts. Put a hat on a hat. Both teams running the T and see who is better like when we use to beat these guys easily in a scrimmage. No trick plays we don’t need kickers or refs. We see who wants it more. We all know this is a fantasy they are going to spread us out and exploit our weeknesses. Maybe not but this is the way we use to decide it.
Wanting it more doesn’t necessarily translate to execution. Gotta out execute and be the more disciplined team to win this game.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:53 pm I think burgs receivers will be the difference in this game. If our line can give Trent time this game will never be in doubt. On the other hand if burg turns the ball over like they did last night I think Jackson could pull off the upset.
6’5 and highly skilled Holden is a tough tough matchup. Our top CB is 5’8ish. Jackson likely have to be creative in coverage and have to help over top/underneath....then that leaves other good receivers 1 on 1 likely. It could be a bit of a chess match to get things covered, provide pressure on QB and hang tight for screens, reverses, keepers.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Has Jackson ever been on the receiving end of a running clock? This could be the week if not. Wheelersburg in a big way.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Slothman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:00 pm Has Jackson ever been on the receiving end of a running clock? This could be the week if not. Wheelersburg in a big way.
No but I remember 4 years ago it was running down there right?

allamericanironman
All Conference

No that was the shut out year 28-0
First home shutout in history by my fighting ironmen

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Slothman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:00 pm Has Jackson ever been on the receiving end of a running clock? This could be the week if not. Wheelersburg in a big way.
Don’t believe so but that running clock is moo. That running clock has zero factor in the game plan. Zero...if it happens it happens. Game plan to give a chance to win and go. 28-27 and 49-0.....no different in the end.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allamericanironman
All Conference

What we say does not matter in the game. We stomped the burg yearly. They have a very good team the last 3 years. The tide turns soon that is my point we will wear the crown soon enough. This might not be your last win anyways. We match up good vs. the burg this year but they might not schedule us anymore anyways. These are facts add a few more recruits to go along with the talent here now this is no secret we have been waiting 20 years for this team. FIGHT on Red!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:30 pm What we say does not matter in the game. We stomped the burg yearly. They have a very good team the last 3 years. The tide turns soon that is my point we will wear the crown soon enough. This might not be your last win anyways. We match up good vs. the burg this year but they might not schedule us anymore anyways. These are facts add a few more recruits to go along with the talent here now this is no secret we have been waiting 20 years for this team. FIGHT on Red!
Jackson will be on the schedule. You think Burg will run away if they think you’ll win? You’re smoking the good stuff. Burg will handle Jackson easily and will for the foreseeable future. End of discussion.

4 years ago Jackson had a good football team. Burg did too. They both made respectable runs in the playoffs. To say Burg has had a good team the past 3 years is an understatement. They drummed Jackson the 2 years previous to that when the series started.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:30 pm
What we say does not matter in the game. We stomped the burg yearly. They have a very good team the last 3 years. The tide turns soon that is my point we will wear the crown soon enough. This might not be your last win anyways. We match up good vs. the burg this year but they might not schedule us anymore anyways. These are facts add a few more recruits to go along with the talent here now this is no secret we have been waiting 20 years for this team. FIGHT on Red!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

allamericanironman
All Conference

The burg defensive end I went against cried and wanted out.

allamericanironman
All Conference

The best one we played wellston senior year at wellston I had the boys mom come up to coach blankenship after the game and complained how I ruffed him up and was mean to him. He was 6 4 320 and athletic.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 pm The best one we played wellston senior year at wellston I had the boys mom come up to coach blankenship after the game and complained how I ruffed him up and was mean to him. He was 6 4 320 and athletic.
I think you are mistaking the reason for these forums. They aren’t to boast of your fantasy land heroics. They are to discuss high school sports. And this forum is strictly for football not fantasy football. You may want to join ESPN for that not SEOPS. I see how that’s confusing with the E, S’s and P. Then, there are these things called threads. You know like this one. To give your opinion, whether it’s worth much or not, on that topic.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 pm The best one we played wellston senior year at wellston I had the boys mom come up to coach blankenship after the game and complained how I ruffed him up and was mean to him. He was 6 4 320 and athletic.
He sounds athletic.

I guess since you are here and posting with great energy I must ask and slightly derail this thread (hopefully not for long).....I know the 7th grade class has some very good athletes but you said those kids are of the great teams generation.....do more than 2 of those players have Dads that played for the Ironmen at that time? Wolford and Ervin? That’s just two kids. Are there others in missing that will be big players?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:57 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:30 pm What we say does not matter in the game. We stomped the burg yearly. They have a very good team the last 3 years. The tide turns soon that is my point we will wear the crown soon enough. This might not be your last win anyways. We match up good vs. the burg this year but they might not schedule us anymore anyways. These are facts add a few more recruits to go along with the talent here now this is no secret we have been waiting 20 years for this team. FIGHT on Red!
Jackson will be on the schedule. You think Burg will run away if they think you’ll win? You’re smoking the good stuff. Burg will handle Jackson easily and will for the foreseeable future. End of discussion.

4 years ago Jackson had a good football team. Burg did too. They both made respectable runs in the playoffs. To say Burg has had a good team the past 3 years is an understatement. They drummed Jackson the 2 years previous to that when the series started.
Are you disputing the fact that you never won a scrimmage in the 90s guess what our dream team you know the savages that pilliaged your booty All have kids now playing and if they lose a game ever I will be stunned. We all know what you are losing and what we are gaining.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

This guy obviously isn’t for real....right? Tell me he isn’t lol.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:24 pm
I think you are mistaking the reason for these forums. They aren’t to boast of your fantasy land heroics. They are to discuss high school sports. And this forum is strictly for football not fantasy football. You may want to join ESPN for that not SEOPS. I see how that’s confusing with the E, S’s and P. Then, there are these things called threads. You know like this one. To give your opinion, whether it’s worth much or not, on that topic.
Don’t be surprised.
Bud this is all I got I’m on here because someone called us out saying we were not players. I rooted for burg all last year and will this year. But you never beat us until now last 6 ? Years and it’s going to stop soon. I know what I am talking about I have seen your underclassmen. To say your gonna win the next four is a laughing thought.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:28 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Are you disputing the fact that you never won a scrimmage in the 90s guess what our dream team you know the savages that pilliaged your booty All have kids now playing and if they lose a game ever I will be stunned. We all know what you are losing and what we are gaining.
Your so far out there your not worth debating

Return to “Football”