Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think burg and Jackson will continue to play each other for many years! Great game for both teams. Good gate and a ton of playoff points for the winner!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:02 pm I think burg and Jackson will continue to play each other for many years! Great game for both teams. Good gate and a ton of playoff points for the winner!
Completely agree makes sense financially as both teams travel well and it is a Harbin point bonanza (just wish it was for us more than once lol), but we have some great players just need to break through.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:02 pm I think burg and Jackson will continue to play each other for many years! Great game for both teams. Good gate and a ton of playoff points for the winner!
Exactly right don’t get scared. :D
Makes us both better. to tell the truth I thought it was gonna be way worse but i don’t believe they have much quit in them. We are young this winter in the weight room is where next years game will be decided as the talent levels out. Gonna fill out those lean frames!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

First time seeing Jackson this year and I was surprised by their lack of size. Good athletes, but for a D3 school, I assumed they'd have more big boys on the lines. As always, good game to watch though, and don't know why anybody would think of discontinuing this series.*

BurgBuckeye
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by BurgBuckeye »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:58 pm Great stadium atmosphere. Enjoyed the closeness to field. Burg crowd very appreciative of our band.

I’ll plan on attending future games there for sure.
I was on the Burg side just to the right of the Cheer Block. One big thing I noticed was the Jackson Band and burgs reaction. We were AMPED for they're band and I hope they could hear and noticed. They are awesome.

I thought it was a good game. Jackson is solid. Burg was off a little. Would have liked to see the outcome if they were as sharp as they can be. Got a good run coming up that I'm sure they will be sharpened up and pumped about.

GO BUCKEYES!
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

BurgBuckeye wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:23 am
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:58 pm Great stadium atmosphere. Enjoyed the closeness to field. Burg crowd very appreciative of our band.

I was on the Burg side just to the right of the Cheer Block. One big thing I noticed was the Jackson Band and burgs reaction. We were AMPED for they're band and I hope they could hear and noticed. They are awesome.

I thought it was a good game. Jackson is solid. Burg was off a little. Would have liked to see the outcome if they were as sharp as they can be. Got a good run coming up that I'm sure they will be sharpened up and pumped about.
Our band is second to none thank you. Your defense is better than I was expecting. Your offensive line won’t have the luxury of holding in state. It’s almost like they were thought to hold both tackles held bad. Get that cleaned up. guys I am gonna root for you now. Hold on to the ball boys your QB needs to learn to slide he gets hurt your not going anywhere he is smart I would pull him ASAP. Love your stadium the closeness atmosphere was great! See you fellows next time.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

allamericanironman wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:34 am
BurgBuckeye wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:23 am

Our band is second to none thank you. Your defense is better than I was expecting. Your offensive line won’t have the luxury of holding in state. It’s almost like they were thought to hold both tackles held bad. Get that cleaned up. guys I am gonna root for you now. Hold on to the ball boys your QB needs to learn to slide he gets hurt your not going anywhere he is smart I would pull him ASAP. Love your stadium the closeness atmosphere was great! See you fellows next time.
An o linemen if he stays in tight with his hands will not get called for holding.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Not a penalty if it is not called by referees. We learned that during our two games in Columbus this year. Their o-lines recorded more tackles than our defense did. Lol

Return to “Football”