Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Poo Bear »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:44 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:24 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 pm As they should

But what does all that have to do with the Jackson player ?
I mean being part of a felony 1 robbery and felony 5 aggravated assault at 1:30 in morning in Athens? The only thing worse is murder lol
You have proof of all this ? If not a moderator should step in.

You literally said this about the kid at Jackson . So do you have proof he was part of a felony 1 robbery and felony 5 assault ??

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Wheelersburg 44 Jackson 38

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:19 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:13 pm
ironman02 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:54 pm

That might be true a lot of the time, but it wasn't true when the two teams met in the 2015 playoffs. Jackson shut out Watterson that night.
Oh for sure. I’m not knocking that team AT ALL. 2015 was a great football team. I am only stating this year. They do have consistently good programs, they have not always been great seasons. This is one of those seasons.
We doing that 100 yards of rushing bet?
I sent you a private message. But yea. I’ll give you that same line.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

allamericanironman wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:57 pm
ironman02 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:58 pm Haven't had much time, but just a few thoughts now that I do...

Wheelersburg is the class of SE Ohio football. They have been for a while, and it looks like they will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Coach Woodward has taken an already great program and built them into something even better. I have more respect for the Burg program than any other in our area. They're a consistent winner, always have been and probably always will be. They play football the right way. Period.

Jackson also has a very good football program. I know a lot of people on this thread like to say that Jackson acts like they're some statewide powerhouse and they're not really any good. Well, Jackson has played football for a long time. They have 619 wins currently, which is Top 30 in the history of the state of Ohio. Without looking at updated numbers, I'm pretty sure the only school in southern Ohio with more wins than Jackson is Ironton. Burg's winning percentage is better and is one of the best in the history of the state, but we already knew that.

Jackson is a D3 school in an area where there aren't many. They have made 12 playoff appearances and have a 7-12 record and a couple regional final appearances. D3 football is pretty competitive, so while Jackson hasn't been dominant at the state level, they've done okay. Pretty solid, in my opinion. They also won 25 league championships in one of the longest standing leagues in the history of the state, one that had schools like Ironton, Portsmouth, Zanesville, Logan, Gallia Academy, and even Athens throughout its time. The point is, the city of Jackson loves football, it's proud of its football team, and the football program has been pretty solid historically, despite what anyone from Wellston, McArthur, or Athens would like to say about it. Not a statewide powerhouse, not even the best program in SE Ohio, but definitely one of the best in our area. There, I feel better now.
Very nice 02. I am actually the third generation all SEOAL Right tackle. My dad and my great uncle also held down the strong side. My uncle that was tackle also had a twin brother that was also all SEOAL second team. The best and nastiest was my other great uncle. An all SEOAL nose guard under the legendary Gene Slaughter. He chewed tobacco while he played. The very first play of the game he would spit on the centers hand then at the snap of the ball hit him in the nose as hard as he could. I took a beating as a kid to say the least no one was ever nice to me. The pressure to do good was unreal. I should write a book with all the football stories. I am proud to be apart of the tradition. Go dam Red!
I would like to add that there were not playoffs when we had what I believe our best teams during the 50s any of those Gene Slaughter teams had a decent shot at it. I don’t know what year they started but keep that in mind.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:18 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:13 pm

Oh for sure. I’m not knocking that team AT ALL. 2015 was a great football team. I am only stating this year. They do have consistently good programs, they have not always been great seasons. This is one of those seasons.
I don’t see the PM

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:00 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:18 am

I don’t see the PM
Ok. Yea. I’m down with it bud. The

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

getting closer

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
allamericanironman
All Conference

countywide35 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:25 am getting closer
Could someone pm me if they could who to contact about making arrangements for handicapped assistance for The game? Thanks.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:19 am
Could someone pm me if they could who to contact about making arrangements for handicapped assistance for The game? Thanks.
Call the highschool

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

fbnut wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:57 am
allamericanironman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:19 am
Call the highschool
yes call the high school they will make all the arraignments needed (740) 286-7575

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

welp, interesting catch up here, got everything from running clock predictions, bluster about middle school scores, felony and murder discussion from an Athens guy, calling out a player by name, and a quote from a school superintendent...guess I will move on and wait for the game on Friday

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:07 pm welp, interesting catch up here, got everything from running clock predictions, bluster about middle school scores, felony and murder discussion from an Athens guy, calling out a player by name, and a quote from a school superintendent...guess I will move on and wait for the game on Friday

Getting like ESPN , more about the drama than the game

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Burg wins easily. Jackson is not as good as people think. Just my opinion. I can always be proven wrong.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:39 pm Burg wins easily. Jackson is not as good as people think. Just my opinion. I can always be proven wrong.
As a Jackson fan can’t argue that . Burg is a very good team and Jackson has underachieved so far this year .

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

The Gallia vs Jackson game made me think I was seeing two average teams battle it out. Whereas I felt a lot of people were immediately saying it was a clash of powerhouses.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:42 pm The Gallia vs Jackson game made me think I was seeing two average teams battle it out. Whereas I felt a lot of people were immediately saying it was a clash of powerhouses.
Average

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think Jackson and burg are both good teams. I believe Jackson has achieved just as much as burg this season. It’s all about matchups imo. I think Jackson matches up well with burg and this will be a good game!

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:07 pm welp, interesting catch up here, got everything from running clock predictions, bluster about middle school scores, felony and murder discussion from an Athens guy, calling out a player by name, and a quote from a school superintendent...guess I will move on and wait for the game on Friday

Captures everything that is SEOPS lol

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
allamericanironman
All Conference

BurgGrad6 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:32 pm I think Jackson and burg are both good teams. I believe Jackson has achieved just as much as burg this season. It’s all about matchups imo. I think Jackson matches up well with burg and this will be a good game!
Agree. I guess we are only ones that see the match up thing that is what makes this the potentionaly game of year regular season.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I think burg overall team speed will be just too much for Jackson his year. They look like a Typical Jackson team for the most part, line up, run right at you, good solid defense, guys in position. It's just that something about what I have seen of them makes them look a little slower or a little less explosive this year. There is no one that really stands out on film that makes you say. We have to stop that guy. Or that guy can hurt us. Hell maybe it's because they are just balanced and all 11 are really good. I thought after watching Madison last year we would win by 20+ So what do I know. However, I do compare Jackson this year to watterson but I would give watterson a 7 point edge I expect burg to make several big plays during the course of the game and allow few to jackson which will be the difference and make Jackson have to do things they don't want to do to stay in the game. Taking burg 38-13

Return to “Football”