Fort Frye 53 Monroe Central 0

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 5: Monroe Central (0-4) @ Fort Frye (3-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

With 20 players what do boosters expect come on now.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

My guess is they got spoiled for nearly a half a century with Circosta. It's tough replacing that Hall of Famer.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

carbon_dated wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:20 pm My guess is they got spoiled for nearly a half a century with Circosta. It's tough replacing that Hall of Famer.
Josh was hand picked by him.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

The breaks definitely aren't falling their way. Yes, he was hand picked.
Hope they can right the ship in Woodstick. Cadets should ease up on them if they want any second-level points later in season when Seminoles play Frontier and West Musky.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

carbon_dated wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:42 pm The breaks definitely aren't falling their way. Yes, he was hand picked.
Hope they can right the ship in Woodstick. Cadets should ease up on them if they want any second-level points later in season when Seminoles play Frontier and West Musky.
Fort Frye has not been running it up on anyone to much respect. Been getting the JV in early.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

carbon_dated wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:42 pm The breaks definitely aren't falling their way. Yes, he was hand picked.
Does scoring too many touchdowns cause concussions?

The Cougars are coming up, so, if Frontier beats Monroe, don't blame Fort Frye.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Don't think scoring too many touchdowns concussed me.
I scored 3 and they were a thing of beauty in my eyes.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

carbon_dated wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:52 pm Don't think scoring too many touchdowns concussed me.
I scored 3 and they were a thing of beauty in my eyes.
3 more than me, so you can brag about them all you want :)

I am pretty sure The Seminoles will mostly be walking after the game. If it's a drubbing, it will be a humane one. There's no bad blood between these schools.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Please no rain

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets currently on a 11 game reg season streak. The Srs are (32-1) in the reg season. Fort Frye has not lost an away game since OCT 17th 2014!

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Think the weather's gonna cooperate.
Last edited by carbon_dated on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

It's really amazing the turnaround by Fort Frye football in the last decade.
You think Cadets, you think baseball and basketball.
Now they're making playoffs and becoming the best sports school in Washington county.
Then again, i think FFHS has been that way for some time.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

carbon_dated wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:29 pm It's really amazing the turnaround by Fort Frye football in the last decade.
You think Cadets, you think baseball and basketball.
Now they're making playoffs and becoming the best sports school in Washington county.
Then again, i think FFHS has been that way for some time.
Coach Huck has been the man (11-0) vs Waterford. Playoffs in 5 of 6 seasons. Fort Frye has 3 playoff wins last 2 seasons the rest of the county has 2 combined and those were both Waterford in 16. It’s a shame they can’t get games vs Marietta, Williamstown and St Mary’s.

Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

They are playing pretty well in football but the best sports school in Washington County I have to disagree. Where has the boys basketball and baseball teams gone in the tournament lately. Though I'm expecting the basketball team to do real well this year. The girls Sports same story. Across the river is your toughest argument for best sport school in Washington County lately. From the girls golf team to the girls basketball team and not so long ago girls volleyball team in the final four. The recent success in football basketball and baseball for the boys Especially the 2016 2017 year. 40-0 in League games. Regional Final in football Regional semifinal in basketball and Regional Final in baseball. Kind of hard to beat that resume.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

But remember, during that 40 - 0 league run, they lost to the Fort in football, basketball, and baseball.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

efarns wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:27 am
carbon_dated wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:25 am The word on the streets is that the Monroe Central boosters aren't enamored with Ischy as coach.
Look for the smaller rosters in the future. Could be 0-8 by the time they play Frontier, which is "usually" a given.
Could they get Beallsville back on the schedule?
Do boosters think there's a Circosta II somewhere in Monroe County?
Most schools anymore that aren't within 20 or 30 miles of a city anymore are in trouble, especially in SEO, WV & Kentucky with numbers. A lot more families are packing up in the back country and moving away to at least the outskirts of urban areas for more opportunities. The Waterfords, Fort Fryes, Trimble's and Shadysides of the world will be Ok but the M.C., Beallsvilles, Shenandoahs are slowly being left behind.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fanatic wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:18 am But remember, during that 40 - 0 league run, they lost to the Fort in football, basketball, and baseball.
Exactly

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Have the declining numbers been a gradual thing each of the last few years? It doesn't sound good as they seem to be in the same boat as a lot of other small schools in SEO.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:06 am
efarns wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:27 am
carbon_dated wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:25 am The word on the streets is that the Monroe Central boosters aren't enamored with Ischy as coach.
Look for the smaller rosters in the future. Could be 0-8 by the time they play Frontier, which is "usually" a given.
Could they get Beallsville back on the schedule?
Do boosters think there's a Circosta II somewhere in Monroe County?
Most schools anymore that aren't within 20 or 30 miles of a city anymore are in trouble, especially in SEO, WV & Kentucky with numbers. A lot more families are packing up in the back country and moving away to at least the outskirts of urban areas for more opportunities. The Waterfords, Fort Fryes, Trimble's and Shadysides of the world will be Ok but the M.C., Beallsvilles, Shenandoahs are slowly being left behind.
FANOSPORTS ! I Agree. This seems to be what is happening and is going to continue to happen.

Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

If I remember right the post said best sport School not best football team. Just stating facts gentleman.

Return to “Football”