Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21 Trimble 20

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Re: Sat: Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (2-2) @ Trimble (4-0)

Post by Happy McGavin »

Waterford was there scouting. Probably licking their lips when they saw chca put 11 in the box and Trimble still didn't try and pass. Agree with other poster. Feel bad for the defense.

Its all in the hips
Stink_Stank_Stunk
Waterboy

Post by Stink_Stank_Stunk »

Happy McGavin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:48 pm Waterford was there scouting. Probably licking their lips when they saw chca put 11 in the box and Trimble still didn't try and pass. Agree with other poster. Feel bad for the defense.
Isn’t their qb like 38% completion percentage? Not very good qb play in Athens County.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I think trimble showed they can play with the big dogs I thought they looked good lost on hail Mary let's remember this wasn't some kind of TV hocking team

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Joe Eitel.com already updated the rankings. Trimble dropped 1 spot behind 3-2 Lucas to #3 in Region 27 and CHCA moved up 2 spots to 10th in Region 20. (Good website for those of you who don't know about it. He's been doing this a lot of years) :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Stink_Stank_Stunk wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:50 pm
Happy McGavin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:48 pm Waterford was there scouting. Probably licking their lips when they saw chca put 11 in the box and Trimble still didn't try and pass. Agree with other poster. Feel bad for the defense.
Isn’t their qb like 38% completion percentage? Not very good qb play in Athens County.
Current qb is a hell of an athlete. But the better QB is on the bench

Its all in the hips
Stink_Stank_Stunk
Waterboy

Post by Stink_Stank_Stunk »

Shaping up to be something real special next season.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:57 pm Joe Eitel.com already updated the rankings. Trimble dropped 1 spot behind 3-2 Lucas to #3 in Region 27 and CHCA moved up 2 spots to 10th in Region 20. (Good website for those of you who don't know about it. He's been doing this a lot of years) :D
This is not our first rodeo man we know about site

:roll: cats :roll:
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Say what you will about CHCA being able to load the box, but when #10 was touching ball, he was gashing the D, even if they knew a run was coming. Give him 20 carries and the kicking game wouldn’t have mattered.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

That was a good game.
Good test for the Cats.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:25 pm Say what you will about CHCA being able to load the box, but when #10 was touching ball, he was gashing the D, even if they knew a run was coming. Give him 20 carries and the kicking game wouldn’t have mattered.
Your not the only one saying that,even some of their fans was.

:roll: cats :roll:
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Turnovers and really bad kicking game is all that beat the Cats in this one.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I say put lackey in at QB and kettle as running back and koons on the line probalem solved

TomcatFaithful
Riding the Bench

Post by TomcatFaithful »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:25 pm Say what you will about CHCA being able to load the box, but when #10 was touching ball, he was gashing the D, even if they knew a run was coming. Give him 20 carries and the kicking game wouldn’t have mattered.
Agreed. I think that's why people are upset, because we killed them when it came to smash mouth football and controlling the whole game, but when it comes to what was a 4th and rather short, we are used to Phil lining his team up on the ball and saying "we need three yards for the first, we are running the ball down your throat and getting five" and we just didn't see that last night...Especially on the filed goal attempt :?: Put this one behind us and get a W next week to basically lock down the division. Keep your heads up Cats. Showing you can play with that good of a D5 school proves we are going to be a force to be reckoned with come playoff time. Cats win out.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

The roster I am using for the article does not have # 14 on it, for Trimble.
Does anyone have his name?

Thanks.

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:13 am The roster I am using for the article does not have # 14 on it, for Trimble.
Does anyone have his name?

Thanks.
Noah Rossiter

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Thank you. He is 24 on the roster.

buckeye256
Waterboy

Post by buckeye256 »

Chca should feel ashamed in this one, almost got beat by a d7 school who also doesn’t recruit. Cats should’ve won

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

It was quite obvious that Trimble had a game plan and stuck to it. That plan clearly worked. They dominated all night, but when it comes to turnovers and missed kicks, those are things that you can’t have in a tight game. Considering CHCA scored on a trick play and a Hail Mary, and was awarded 2 fumbles inside their own 15.. I think they’re happy with the Cats handing them their ticket to their 9th straight playoff appearance. Feel bad for the cats bc they totally dominated this game and played good.

buckeye256
Waterboy

Post by buckeye256 »

Defense played good, couple mistakes such as that trick play and the hailmarry future looks bright

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

buckeye256 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:57 am Chca should feel ashamed in this one, almost got beat by a d7 school who also doesn’t recruit. Cats should’ve won
I know if I was getting “recruited” by a Cincinnati area private school, I’d sure pick the D5 school that rarely puts kids in college for football and not one of the monster D1 or D2 schools that routinely have kids go D1 for football.

The schools don’t have to recruit, they have their choice of kids to accept based on test scores and applications. Yes, they can choose who they want, but they don’t have to go get kids. Kids in those schools typically end up with higher test scores and get into the colleges of their choice, so I’ll never ridicule someone at those schools.

Return to “Football”