Waverly 31 Nelsonville-York 14

fireball
Freshman Team

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville York (1-3) at Waverly (4-0)

Post by fireball »

don't forget last year everybody said they was going to beat ny but I don't believe that happen just sayin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

fireball wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 pm don't forget last year everybody said they was going to beat ny but I don't believe that happen just sayin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Waverly last year also played one of their worst games with multiple turnovers

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Waverly @ home easily if they have the 2 kids that were injured previously back. If not, they should still win. Waverly 31 - N-Y 14.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Kicker. wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:29 pm
fireball wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 pm don't forget last year everybody said they was going to beat ny but I don't believe that happen just sayin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think the Bucks have an uphill climb to win this game but I'm okay with that. Kids have to work hard this week and play their best football.
I will point out that last year's Waverly team didn't like getting hit and the Buckeye defense forced them into turnovers.
Good luck to both teams. Hope everyone comes away healthy! Go Bucks!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Waverly should take this one by 4 scores or more.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

This will be a tough one for sure but definitely not impossible.. I do think we can win out after this game up to week 10 and have a dog fight for the title and a shot to sneak in to playoffs. But right now the boys have to be focused on this game. They have done a great job every week of just focusing on going 1-0. I know waverly isn’t RV by any means at all but confidence is key and the Bucks gained a lot last week

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:34 pm
Kicker. wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:29 pm

I think the Bucks have an uphill climb to win this game but I'm okay with that. Kids have to work hard this week and play their best football.
I will point out that last year's Waverly team didn't like getting hit and the Buckeye defense forced them into turnovers.
Good luck to both teams. Hope everyone comes away healthy! Go Bucks!

Definitely looking forward to this game, hope you enjoy Raidiger Field. I was impressed with Boston Field last yr

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Re: Nelsonville York (1-3) @ Waverly (4-0)

Post by MasterOfNone »

Is NY more run or pass? Or do they have a balanced attack? I remember this one last year and it didn't go well for Waverly from the beginning. From my understanding this is a different NY team than last year tho, and you could almost say the same for the Tigers. The past two weeks have been a decent tests for the young Tigers and there were some moments where they struggled. But they were able to get things figured out and take control of both games toward the end. I think last week vs Fairland the game would have went a little bit different if we would have had Marquez and Phoenix the entire game. It forced the Tigers to play some even younger guys who haven't had that much varsity time yet, but valuable experienced was earned. It looks like it is going to be another hot one on Friday, so hopefully the boys stay hydrated this week so we won't see as much cramping this Friday.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

too much Tigers for the bucks to handle for 4quarters.....waverly rolls to 5-0

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Dman
Waterboy

Post by Dman »

I think Waverly will be to much for the Bucks
I think the Bucks will be struggling this year without the speed they lost last year. Now we will see if Rusty can coach with an average team.
I see them losing to Athens, Vinton, and Meigs
NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Dman wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:12 pm I think Waverly will be to much for the Bucks
I think the Bucks will be struggling this year without the speed they lost last year. Now we will see if Rusty can coach with an average team.
I see them losing to Athens, Vinton, and Meigs
NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR
Athens and possibly Meigs but not Vinton County as they run the ball 99.9% of the time and you can load the box and stop that.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly has some major work to do defensively. I know the Tigers had two key starters on defense out for the game against Fairland and another went down with severe cramping but it is insane for a defense to be on the field 100 plays in a HS game.
I didnt realize Fairland ran that many plays until I saw the stats later..........
It may not matter in this one but next Friday the Tigers will be traveling to Valley who is much improved and putting points on the board and then Wheelersburg and West invade the jungle. Wheelersburg will bring a balanced attack while West will pound the ball and pound the ball and pound the ball. Waverly can score but it gets much tougher for the defense from here.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Think NY keeps this closer then what some may think but I think Waverly takes it by 2 scores.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:04 pm Think NY keeps this closer then what some may think but I think Waverly takes it by 2 scores.
The Bucks have to show up and play physical. If they can do that then they can make a game out of it.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:35 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:04 pm Think NY keeps this closer then what some may think but I think Waverly takes it by 2 scores.
The Bucks have to show up and play physical. If they can do that then they can make a game out of it.
That's how you have to beat Waverly, you can't line up athlete to athlete unless you're loaded because they've got 4-5 guys on offense you have to worry about, not sure if the Marquez boy is out again or not. They're struggling against the run a bit and against Fairland they struggled to run the ball.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:46 pm
That's how you have to beat Waverly, you can't line up athlete to athlete unless you're loaded because they've got 4-5 guys on offense you have to worry about, not sure if the Marquez boy is out again or not. They're struggling against the run a bit and against Fairland they struggled to run the ball.
Last year we okayed agressive on defense and we were able to run away with the game. We don't have the athletes to run away with it this year so we have to win the turnover battle and finish drives.
Our kids are getting better and better. They still have a lot of fight in them so I hope they show up and give it everything they have Friday.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

That first win for Nelsonville regardless of who it was over will have them playing with a lot of confidence. With the game being at Waverly, and the team speed that Waverly has, I see the Tigers winning the game. With 2 or 3 of there key players hurt, plus they are just not playing real good defense right now, I can see this being a lot tougher than I would have thought. NY has a good running back in Wilburn. They will need to contain him.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:49 pm

Last year we okayed agressive on defense and we were able to run away with the game. We don't have the athletes to run away with it this year so we have to win the turnover battle and finish drives.
Our kids are getting better and better. They still have a lot of fight in them so I hope they show up and give it everything they have Friday.
Hope you're sound in the special teams department as well, because I've heard the Shoemaker boy is a handful on kickoff and punt returns believe he's got 2-3 total returns for Tds and maybe 1 other called back.
Last edited by greygoose on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:23 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:49 pm

Hope you're sound in the special teams department as well, because I've seen the Shoemaker boy is a handful on kickoff and punt returns believe he's got 2-3 total returns for Tds and maybe 1 other called back.
And if you kick it away from Shoemaker the Tigers have one of the best & most dangerous players in the area back there in Wolfe. Great Special teams doesn’t stop there for the Tigers as kicker Grayson Diener kicked nearly every kickoff into the end zone this past Friday and he’s accurate on FG’s from 35 yards out. He can make em longer than that but he’s accurate from 35.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Diener hits them from over 50 in practice.

Return to “Football”