Waverly 31 Nelsonville-York 14

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Nelsonville York (1-3) @ Waverly (4-0)

Post by Orange and Brown »

IT'S GAME DAY BUCKEYES!!!
Time to fire it up and turn it loose men!
The Buckeye Express is gonna roll into Waverly and show everyone that we ain't done yet!

So lace up those shoes and buckle up them chin straps!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Just curious, anybody that knows anything about weather or thinks they know lol do you think this game will be able to be played tonight?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Smurray! Do you know the status of some of the kids that have been hurt, or have not been able to play yet this year? I also know that other teams also have kids that are hurt. I was just wondering.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

NY BUCK wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:19 pm Just curious, anybody that knows anything about weather or thinks they know lol do you think this game will be able to be played tonight?
Hourly forecast shows 50% chance of rain from 5-9. There is a line of storms developing along the southern Indiana, if they make it this far remains to be seen. I think it will be fine tonight. Always a chance of any kind of weather in Ohio from one minute to the next though.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

OldTiger wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:59 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:19 pm Just curious, anybody that knows anything about weather or thinks they know lol do you think this game will be able to be played tonight?
Hourly forecast shows 50% chance of rain from 5-9. There is a line of storms developing along the southern Indiana, if they make it this far remains to be seen. I think it will be fine tonight. Always a chance of any kind of weather in Ohio from one minute to the next though.
Very true lol, ready for a good game hopefully. Will be my first trip to waverly stadium so hopefully the rain stays away.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Day of game in tiger town, I'll take Waverly to move to 5-0
Waverly- 41
Nelsonville York- 20
NY hangs around bc of Wilburn but tigers offense too much yet again

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Now that these kids have had the taste of a running clock there is no stopping them. They reach their goal again this Friday:

Buchtel Bucks 55
Waverly Wonders 13

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Hope the NY faithful that choose to make the drive over to Waverly have a good trip. Visiting Boston Field last year was a fun experience, so I hope that the you guys enjoy yourselves at our place. It looks like as others have stated, the weather could go either way. If the rain holds off, I expect another big turnout from the Tiger faithful. School spirit was at a high today as the district and community celebrated homecoming.

As far as thoughts on how this one goes, I think it could turn out to be similar to Fairland. I see NY hanging right with the Tigers in the first half but Waverly turning it on in the third, start to get separation and not look back. If I'm NY, I am probably almost hoping it does rain during the game. I think that would effect Waverly's offense much more than it would the Buckeyes.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

VetteMan, Zach Brown was cleared for non contact work out this week and should be cleared to full practice next week.
Last I heard Cobe Marquez will dress tonight but most likely not see any action.

As far as talk about the weather: Officials have been keeping an eye on it with possible plans to postpone but we are past that time frame now. Last I heard was there was a thin line in Indiana and if it does hold together and reach us it will be short lived.
BE PREPARED FOR SOME SHORT TERM BAD WEATHER - AND HOPE IT DOESNT HAPPEN.

High winds & rain will benefit NY - no doubt about it. They will run the ball and run the ball some more..... The Tigers will have to find a way to stop the run tonight. If they don’t it will be a long night.
With wind and rain Waverly’s offense may not be able to run some plays they would in good weather.....

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

According to my weather channel app the weather is looking a little better now. But it’s hard to tell what will happen lol

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Thank you. I was really wondering about the Brown kid. I remembered what you had said about him earlier. A 2 way player such as he is would be very important as you have these very tough games to close out the season. Him being able to play hopefully would also be a big plus if and when the Playoffs happen. I know the Playoffs might be a little early to be talking about, as you have some very tough games ahead,and need to take them 1 game at a time.

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

Livestream anywhere?

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Game on delay because of lightning.
14-7 Waverly. 10:54 left in the 2nd Qtr

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

1st Quarter
9:24 Shanks to Phoenix Wolfe from 21 yds. PAT good by Diener. Waverly lead 7-0
9:08 Keegan kickoff return for TD. PAT good 7-7
7:16 shanks 1 yd TD pass to Zeke Brown on 4th and goal after two attempts from the one. PAT good. Waverly 14-7

NY with a mini drive with a couple penalties both ways
3:00 Phoenix Wolfe with INT at Waverly 39 on a long pass attempt to Keegan.
Waverly 3 and out and punted.

SECOND QUARTER
started with NY 4th and 2 at Wav 45. Tigers stuffed it but didn’t wrap, Brady Jones to Wav 32.
First down run the 30 and lightening at 10:54.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

05buckeye wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:47 pm Livestream anywhere?
https://network1sports.com/station/wxiz

They will be back on the air after the lightning delay

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Players back out warming up.

TomcatFaithful
Riding the Bench

Post by TomcatFaithful »

Thanks for the live updates! Keep them coming!! Lets go NY!!!

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

On fist play after delay NY fumbles, recovered by Waverly. Waverly drives down to the 16yd line and settles for a field goal. 17-7 Waverly

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

NY punts it away from about the 45. Waverly fair catch at the 26. Then drives to the 20 where NY intercepts and runs it back. 17-14 Waverly. With 3:34 left in the 2nd.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

OldTiger wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:31 pm NY punts it away from about the 45. Waverly fair catch at the 26. Then drives to the 20 where NY intercepts and runs it back. 17-14 Waverly. With 3:34 left in the 2nd.
#3 keeping NY in the game.

Return to “Football”