Post by ballrmom1 »

The Spirit of Football is back at Ironton!!Go Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 5 -- 0-4 SOUTH POINT @ 2-2 IRONTON

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:18 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:04 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:19 pm C'mon Bait, next 3 games are scrimmages and the last 3 will get them ready for playoffs. Lol !!!!!
no the next 3 games are pivotal league games. and deserve the respect of any rival.
Ok, I'll try to stay politically correct but respect is a given.
I'm not trying to be politically correct , I was just raised that way. so I feel that way. pappy bait brought me up that way. coach lutz coached me that way. and I coached youth sports that way. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't look down at anybody. unless I'm lookin down trying to help you up. and I raised my boys that way. ask mike Tyson about buster douglas. or ask akron saint Vincent saint Mary's about ironton in 79. it just takes one missed tackle or turnover at the right time to be upset. and it happens across the country every week. so you better have total respect for your opposition. I know what it looks like on paper. but that ain't where the games are played.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
osu 77
All State

Re: South Point (0-4) @ Ironton (2-2)

Post by osu 77 »

Ironton needs to get in some type of power formation and unbalance. The offense we are running is not getting it done. We have 3 backs over 200 lbs and we are wasting them. Are line is having a very difficult time running the offense because is not their strengths. The defense seems to be fine and it has kept us in every game. Some changes to the offense down the line could make it very hard on other teams later.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

timbo5252 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:44 pm First game in 3 years for me and was it ever worth it, coach had them tigers ready to go, had some mistakes but those will get cleaned up, looked like Duncan was holding his leg, I think that was him, hope he is ok, overall tigers they really stepped up, looked like they left it all out there on the field, very proud of those tigers, future looks very very bright, great job coach Pendleton and to all of our Tigers!
I hate to lose, but I’d rather watch a game like the Ashland game and lose, but see our Tigers never give up. Duncan is good. Rolled his ankle, but is fine. He will be ready for Friday. Very proud of these boys! Need work on the fumbling and penalties. Coaching staff is doing a great job.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Ironton big. South Point has some athletes, but still is a long ways away from competing with the top half of the conference.

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

I hope we open up the play book. Just finished watching Ashland film great team effort. We need to establish more than Carrico moving on in the league. Great ball player good teams will learn to shut him down or slow him down like Ashland did. Lets get a big win Friday hoping many kids get to play.

Roll Tigers!

WaterBug6
Waterboy

Post by WaterBug6 »

I sat in the stands last week and kept hearing the Ironton QB tucks and runs too quick. What they don’t see is even if the receivers get separation (which is rare) he can’t get past his first progression without being mauled. O-line can’t pass block more than 2 sec. if that. That’s the problem. Feel sorry for the kid, he’s got skills but can’t use them cause he’s always running for his life.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

WaterBug6 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:16 pm I sat in the stands last week and kept hearing the Ironton QB tucks and runs too quick. What they don’t see is even if the receivers get separation (which is rare) he can’t get past his first progression without being mauled. O-line can’t pass block more than 2 sec. if that. That’s the problem. Feel sorry for the kid, he’s got skills but can’t use them cause he’s always running for his life.
[/quote
I agree he gets no blocking at all.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Ouch....pointers get demolished by the Tigers. Thinking of heading to the tank for what should be a dandy, come week 9. Places to eat, pregame?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the fighting tigers will be chomping at the bit after gift wrapping the tomcat game for Ashland. you know what happens when tigers play with dogs. well it may not be purty is all I'm thinking.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 am Ouch....pointers get demolished by the Tigers. Thinking of heading to the tank for what should be a dandy, come week 9. Places to eat, pregame?
They tailgate on the O.U lot behind the visitors side.
Cant go wrong with the Endzone to eat at. Wings,sammies,pizza and ice cold beverages,

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

South Point doesn't have what it takes to beat Ironton. Ironton has the atmosphere back that was missing for several years. Could be exciting to be a Tiger fan for the next few years.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

osu 77 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:05 am Ironton needs to get in some type of power formation and unbalance. The offense we are running is not getting it done. We have 3 backs over 200 lbs and we are wasting them. Are line is having a very difficult time running the offense because is not their strengths. The defense seems to be fine and it has kept us in every game. Some changes to the offense down the line could make it very hard on other teams later.
Here we go :lol: daddy the coach :geek:

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 am Ouch....pointers get demolished by the Tigers. Thinking of heading to the tank for what should be a dandy, come week 9. Places to eat, pregame?
Frogtown

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Go get a Big Boy.

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Go get a Big Boy.
MarCos pizza.

G0 BuCKs
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

buckeyenation wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:03 pm
Frogtown
Frogtown has one of the best Ribeye steaks I've ever had, you can always get you some frog legs and stuffed mushrooms too :D . You can't go wrong with Bdubs, if you want pizza there's Giovannis, Marcos pizza is pretty good too.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:55 pm South Point doesn't have what it takes to beat Ironton. Ironton has the atmosphere back that was missing for several years. Could be exciting to be a Tiger fan for the next few years.
That's a good thing for all of SEO

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GO FIGHTING TIGERS LETS BEAT THEM OLE POINTERS TONIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

Football Friday night!!!!!

Return to “Football”