Ironton 62 South Point 13

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: South Point (0-4) @ Ironton (2-2)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GO GET EM TIGERS, BIG LEAGUE GAME.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ballrmom1 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:33 pm The Spirit of Football is back at Ironton!!Go Tigers
I can feel it in ORLANDO!

It will be of no surprise, as the tigers rise!
The cycle will return & the scoreboard burn.
The tank will be packed as the fans flock back in an orange and black attack!

Gotigersgo!
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Fighting Tigers have some good looking Freshmen Linemen. Coach has played several in the first half.

Greenbobcats3
Waterboy

Post by Greenbobcats3 »

Based on what I watched and what I heard I’ll take green over ironton any day! The mighty bobcats are 5-0

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Greenbobcats3 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:31 pm Based on what I watched and what I heard I’ll take green over ironton any day! The mighty bobcats are 5-0
Lol....

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Greenbobcats3 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:31 pm Based on what I watched and what I heard I’ll take green over ironton any day! The mighty bobcats are 5-0
[/quote
Ironton would beat Green like, Green beat Hannan W.Va. Their a big difference playing Ashland Ky.
and play playing East and Symmes Valley.

State champ 72
Waterboy

Post by State champ 72 »

Good win. Outscore South Point by 39 and starters still playing in 2nd half and have Freshman playing before seniors. Dont understand that one.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

State champ 72 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:02 pm Good win. Outscore South Point by 39 and starters still playing in 2nd half and have Freshman playing before seniors. Dont understand that one.
There’s only 7 Seniors on the Team and they all played, not sure what the problem is. A lot of guys got playing time tonight, there’s some really good Freshmen on the team, the ones I seen play did a great job.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Tigers starting to roar so the new coach must be doing something that's righting the ship in "I" Town again.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

State champ 72 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:02 pm Good win. Outscore South Point by 39 and starters still playing in 2nd half and have Freshman playing before seniors. Dont understand that one.
It’s called prep. The tigers need work on offensive play calling, non-penalty, & special teams. They got that. They experimented with new running backs, receivers, the back up PAT kicker, back up QB, line moved in and out. Not sure why you don’t understand. They just got out of 3/4 games where the D proved itself, coach is just experimenting while possible, and they emptied the bench throughout the game, and I like that!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Ironton 62 South Point 13

Post by mattash »

Ironton 62 South Point 13

Ironton didn't touch the breaks tonight

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

😂😂😂 you would be the only person!

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:20 pm
There’s only 7 Seniors on the Team and they all played, not sure what the problem is. A lot of guys got playing time tonight, there’s some really good Freshmen on the team, the ones I seen play did a great job.
Freshmen were played because we had a running clock and I’m sure the coach wanted to keep our starters from any injury for next week! Ironton had a senior hurt last week so his play was limited. Need our starters healthy for the rest of the season! The freshmen and JV got playing time against a not very good team. They also scored while the freshmen and JV were in the game!

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

Good win for the Tigers. I am very glad a lot of kids got to play last night. It will help the program in the long run. I hope both teams came away injury free.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Fan Friday wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:16 am
Freshmen were played because we had a running clock and I’m sure the coach wanted to keep our starters from any injury for next week! Ironton had a senior hurt last week so his play was limited. Need our starters healthy for the rest of the season! The freshmen and JV got playing time against a not very good team. They also scored while the freshmen and JV were in the game!
exactly, and if you're producing in practice you should play. the development of younger players. which we have an abundance of with so few seniors. well it's key to the development of the team. they provide more experience and resistance in practice and it is immeasurable how it helps for the coming season. and you may have younger players who are out preforming upper classmen as well. either way it's win/win. lessens risk of injury, gain valuable playing experience.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:06 am
Fan Friday wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:16 am

exactly, and if you're producing in practice you should play. the development of younger players. which we have an abundance of with so few seniors. well it's key to the development of the team. they provide more experience and resistance in practice and it is immeasurable how it helps for the coming season. and you may have younger players who are out preforming upper classmen as well. either way it's win/win. lessens risk of injury, gain valuable playing experience.
No we don’t have freshmen out performing our starters as seniors, juniors or sophomore but it was a perfect game to get some of these boys in and keep our starters injury free!

Osu fan
Waterboy

Post by Osu fan »

My Tigers took care of business last night. Got a chance to see some of the young talent on this team. We already start a lot of sophomores so the future looks pretty bright. I think we can win the OVC and challenge for the playoffs in Coach Pendleton’s first season. Gallia looks to be the team standing in our way. Was surprised with how easily they handled Portsmouth. Looks like Portsmouth has benefitted from an easy schedule to start the year and still can’t beat a team with a winning record.

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

I’m with you. I think Gallia is going to be the team to beat for OVC title this year. Tiger football is going to be very exciting for at least the next several years

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Yukntny wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:12 am I’m with you. I think Gallia is going to be the team to beat for OVC title this year. Tiger football is going to be very exciting for at least the next several years
Yup. Looks like it will be Gallia vs Ironton in week 9 for all the marbles. Should be a slugfest.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

SP Irn
First downs 2 20
Rushes-yards 16-(-4) 44-372
Passing yards -1 154
Total yards -9 526
Cmp-Att-Int 3-12-0 10-16-1
Fumbles-lost 1-1 1-0
Penalties-yards 1-6 6-55