Gallia Academy 34 Portsmouth 7

RVRaiderFan
All State

Re: Gallia Academy (3-1,1-0) @ Portsmouth (3-1,1-0)

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Having seen both teams this season, I will give the edge to Portsmouth and Parker. Don't think Gallipolis has seen a player/athlete like Parker!

Portsmouth 28
Gallipolis 21

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:14 am Having seen both teams this season, I will give the edge to Portsmouth and Parker. Don't think Gallipolis has seen a player/athlete like Parker!

Portsmouth 28
Gallipolis 21
They saw plenty of him last year. He was not 100% though. I still thin the Devils pull this one out in a shootout. Pourtsmouth will not be able to slow the Devils down either.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Trojans can win this game IF they can contain QB McClellan and not let him completely dominate with his feet and arm like he did last year at Gallipolis. If he has a similar game this time around, PHS will not win. Portsmouth must also hit some passes with decent gain to keep the Blue Devils from concentrating solely on Talyn Parker.

Very important game for the Trojans if they want to compete for the OVC title and top 8 in the region. GO TROJANS!!!

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Going to be interesting seeing what we can do against a good team. West gave everyone the answer to beating us, we have to change the question.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Wow! Some great football to be played in Scioto County this coming week-end. Jackson at Burg, Raceland at Portsmouth West, and Gallia Academy at Portsmouth HS. Its a shame they all have to be on the same night. Good luck to all the teams, and hope they all have an injury free week-end.

Mike
Waterboy

Post by Mike »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:54 pm Gallia by 2-3 scores. They played Jackson very tough and Portsmouth is no where close to Jackson. They will key on Parker (he will be in range of 50-70 yards). From what Ive read weak teams big numbers, average teams shut down a one dementional team Gallia 39 Portsmouth 14 Gallia 4-1
You have to remember that in the Jackson game, Gallia was playing with pure emotion. They had that game circled as the “be all end all” game for Gallia. Portsmouth won’t hold that same emotion. And as said above, Portsmouth is nowhere near Jackson... Too one dimensional.
Still, Gallia by 2 TDs.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Real Time wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:41 am Portsmouth has one player. If Gallia can stop him they win the game, If they let him get off for 200+ yards they lose.
They have more then one player including a d1 lineman, a te/lb that’s 260 and can run with backs, the smartest mlb in the county and the hardest hitting safety in the county. Tell me they have one player after Friday :lol:

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I could see where someone would say we have a one dimensional offense, the one game Parker was held in check we were shutout. We have some other nice backs but unfortunately loading the box for Parker takes them out also. I think some short 4-8 yard passes would keep defenses a little more honest and really open things up.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

I’ve seen both teams and Gallia D is not West D I think the Trojans eat the clock up and win 28-13. Portsmouth has speed on the edges and that will be the difference this year.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Mike wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:11 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:54 pm Gallia by 2-3 scores. They played Jackson very tough and Portsmouth is no where close to Jackson. They will key on Parker (he will be in range of 50-70 yards). From what Ive read weak teams big numbers, average teams shut down a one dementional team Gallia 39 Portsmouth 14 Gallia 4-1
You have to remember that in the Jackson game, Gallia was playing with pure emotion. They had that game circled as the “be all end all” game for Gallia. Portsmouth won’t hold that same emotion. And as said above, Portsmouth is nowhere near Jackson... Too one dimensional.
Still, Gallia by 2 TDs.
I think this is a crock the people of Gallipolis may of been up for that game but that team was much higher for meigs and River valley then Jackson. To these kids Jackson is not nearly the rivalry it was a few years ago.

No disrespect here to my friends from Jackson but there team cane in not respecting Gallia academy and was not focused and prepared and almost cost them the game.

We also may be giving this Jackson team to much credit they lost to that winless western brown team the next week.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Portsmouth has a lot more then one player. I consider them a lot like Gallia academy a year ago and if they can stay away from injuries will get a little better every week.

If you don’t think they haven’t seen enough film on the blue devils to know we haven’t stopped anyone in the pass game all year. If you don’t think they will have something ready for us. You don’t know football.

The players at Gallia academy are geared up for this game. Any player who played in this game last year knows all your gear better be winched up tight come Friday night because these teams are both going to play there most physical game of the year Friday. That game last year was the most physical game I have seen the blue devils in last several years.

Even though Portsmouth not known for it. They will bring there lunch pales Friday night at they will be read.

The blue devil coaches will have our boys ready. I think this game will have a lot of great defense but enough broken plays on both sides to be high scoring. I will be surprised if this is not a one score game.

This game won’t eliminate either of these teams from playoffs. But will put the loser in a position that they will not be able to slip up the rest of year.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

I'm taking the Blue in a tight game. Bold predictions: Parker held under 100 years. Campbell, Pullins, Armstrong, and McClelland combine for 300. Ground and Pound gets the job done again.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Official prediction. 34-33 Devils over the Trojans.

Bold prediction #1 is highly unlikely. #2 is highly probable.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Gallia 28 Ports 24

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

This Portsmouth team is full of hitters and speed on the defensive side of the ball and actually good tackling. I believe that’s the difference and I’m sticking with 28-13. You get Parker in any open space you’ll see the back of his jersey.

Mike
Waterboy

Post by Mike »

svac83 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:11 pm
Still, Gallia by 2 TDs.
I think this is a crock the people of Gallipolis may of been up for that game but that team was much higher for meigs and River valley then Jackson. To these kids Jackson is not nearly the rivalry it was a few years ago.

No disrespect here to my friends from Jackson but there team cane in not respecting Gallia academy and was not focused and prepared and almost cost them the game.

We also may be giving this Jackson team to much credit they lost to that winless western brown team the next week.
Yes, They lost to a winless WB team, but you had better go check out who WB lost to. I can promise you that WB would clean the field with Gallipolis.
Are you seriously comparing Jackson to River Valley or Meigs? Go ask the Gallipolis boys which team they have had circled on their schedule since summer. It sure wasn’t Meigs or RV.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Mike that is exactly what I am telling you it was meigs after that game finished last year. And a lot of these kids have big toes to river valley.

Like it or not to these kids now. Jackson on this years schedule Point on next years schedule is a bonus game. Yea they would love to win it and it is a yardstick game. To see where they are at.

I think Jackson was a bigger game to me always will be. But kids today and the way they see things is way different. For years ironton was that extra game you hated those guys you wanted to win. But it was your extra game when they weren’t part of league.

Hillsboro and Ross are not powerhouses that beat western brown. Western brown would probably beat Gallia easily but so would a bunch if teams

Real Time
Freshman Team

Post by Real Time »

buckeyenation wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:16 pm
Real Time wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:41 am Portsmouth has one player. If Gallia can stop him they win the game, If they let him get off for 200+ yards they lose.
They have more then one player including a d1 lineman, a te/lb that’s 260 and can run with backs, the smartest mlb in the county and the hardest hitting safety in the county. Tell me they have one player after Friday :lol:

Portsmouth has only played one good team this season, they stopped Parker and Portsmouth lost (9 touches -30 yards, no points). I have been at all of Portsmouth's games and the offence relies on one player. If Parker doesn't hit a long TD run they can't score. I hope Portsmouth gets the win just don't think you can win vs good teams needing one player to have 220+ yards and 3 TD's.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Defense wins this game for Portsmouth and clock management. Gallia couldn’t stop the run with 8 or 9 in the box and if they blitz both A gaps like they been doing the edge will be set and Parker will have a field day. The only thing that I’m worried about is the passing game of Gallia. That kid can kill ya in short passing then hit a long one. I also agree they need to get Lattimore more comfortable with short passing game. The kid has the talent but no confidence.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Game of the week for the OVC? I know Portsmouth has other weapons. But honestly, you stop Parker, you stop them. Interesting to see how this one plays out.

Return to “Football”