2018 SOC2 Football

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Minford, West, and Waverly Are Undefeated. Can Anyone Challenge The Burg.

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:08 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 pm Waverly May have a chance. West will be a test as usual with Burg running away and Minford, whose that?
The 2018 SOC II baseball champs. Does that ring a bell? Lol.
Yes you guys were. That was a good ball club. Lol. My bad man. Sometimes I type what I’m thinking.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:29 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 pm Waverly May have a chance. West will be a test as usual with Burg running away and Minford, whose that?
This is a football thread.
Oh thanks. I had no idea :roll: :roll: :roll:

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

SOC2 is thr prime conference of SEO

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:56 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:29 pm

This is a football thread.
Oh thanks. I had no idea :roll: :roll: :roll:
Was just joking Bleeding Red.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

mattash wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:45 pm SOC2 is thr prime conference of SEO

Just last season 3/5 teams went to the playoffs and now almost at the half way point they are all looking at making the playoffs

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

I'm not sure anyone (of these four) has played anyone that has been a real challenge with the exception of Bishop Hartley. Waverly and West do have two teams each (who they have already beat) with winning records on their schedules with the only losses being to West or Waverly, but the rest of the schedule isn't anything to write home about. Minford has a win over a 3-1 Oak Hill squad.
Burg has to travel to Waverly and to West. Waverly's, or for that matter both teams' health, could be a factor in that game. Waverly will spread it out. I haven't seen West, but I assume they will pound the ball right at you.
If it gets to be a track meet I think Waverly has a better of chance of scoring with 'Burg than anyone.
I think Waverly has a the best shot, but I am biased.
Last edited by WHSgrad2000 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

WHSgrad2000 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:55 pm I'm not sure anyone (of these four) has played anyone that has been a real challenge with the exception of Bishop Hartley. Waverly and West do have two teams each (who they have already beat) with winning records on their with the only losses being to West or Waverly, but the rest of the schedule isn't anything to write home about. Minford has a win over a 3-1 Oak Hill squad.
Burg has to travel to Waverly and to West. Waverly's, or for that both teams' health, could be a factor in that game. Waverly will spread it out. I haven't seen West, but I assume they will pound the ball right at you.
If it get to be a track meet I think Waverly has a better of chance of scoring with 'Burg than anyone.
I think Waverly has a the best shot, but I am biased.
Wattersons record may not indicate it but I think they are a pretty solid team

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

The next few weeks I believe will tell us a lot. As of right now I don’t think so. I think west and waverly would have the best shot at it. A loss to Raceland won’t make me say no for sure , but that will be a gut check game.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Not sure the team has to be undefeated to sink This ship? I hope they are looking past this weekend. Seems as if it’s not even gonna be close.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I can see all 3 of the teams beind capable of a challenge. The main point being is how long will the challenge last? Minford having to go and play at the Burg is not a pleasant thought, plus I think Minford might be a year away from being a pretty good team. West with there defense and playing good ball control will give one heck of an effort. I just don't see them being able to score enough to be able to beat the Burg. You know the Burg is going to put pts. on the board, plus in case nobody has been watching, the Burg has been playing some pretty good defense lately. Waverly with there team teams still have teams are still in speed might be able to strike quick against the Burg but what concerns me at this point is they have a few key kids hurt. Also they will have to play a lot better defense than what they've been playing. There's still a lot of football for all 4 of these teams to be played. The SOC-2 must be having a pretty good year, as all 4 of these teams still have playoff hopes. Let's hope all 4 are injury free for the rest of the year.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

I don't think it will happen, but Waverly has the best shot to pull off the upset. They have the big playmakers who can score, and the game is at Waverly. I remember a couple years ago when Burg played there and almost got knocked off, even though they were the more talented team. Waverly probably should have won, but had some self induced mistakes which cost them the game. They were at the goal line with a chance to put the game away but blew it with either a bad snap or fumble if I recall.

The way I could see it happen this year is the game becomes an offensive shootout with Waverly getting the ball last and scoring at the end.

sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky22 »

NO! Burg is a different caliber than these teams!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

All have the potential to do so, that's why they play the game.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Obviously this is speculation, and all three teams are better than what burg faced last year. Are the better to beat them this year, I don’t think so but the potential is there like Vladimir said. For fun I went to cal preps and put all three up against heath. Burg made heath look still, everything clicked and they put 49 points in a half. A flawless game by burg and you have a team that is capable of winning the state.

Here’s what the results were over heath, neutral field.

Minford would win by 14
West would win by 20
Waverly would win by 30

Obviously I could have just put Burg and then the team but it gives a different look at comparing

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Burgs carrying the Mantle now for SEO much as Ironton did in the past. I'm just waiting for that Middletown Madison rematch cause It's gonna be a slobber knocker !!!!! :evil: :twisted:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Waverly , a big maybe!

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:38 pm Obviously this is speculation, and all three teams are better than what burg faced last year. Are the better to beat them this year, I don’t think so but the potential is there like Vladimir said. For fun I went to cal preps and put all three up against heath. Burg made heath look still, everything clicked and they put 49 points in a half. A flawless game by burg and you have a team that is capable of winning the state.

Here’s what the results were over heath, neutral field.

Minford would win by 14
West would win by 20
Waverly would win by 30

Obviously I could have just put Burg and then the team but it gives a different look at comparing
That site also has Wheelersburg as a 36 point favorite over Heath by comparison, and we know how that turned out.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

So many good matchup choices to watch this year. Does 4 out of 5 make playoffs? Does Valley get a win? Does Oak Hill start next year?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

mattash wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:41 pm So many good matchup choices to watch this year. Does 4 out of 5 make playoffs? Does Valley get a win? Does Oak Hill start next year?
Waverly makes the playoffs, West is in, Minford has to win 7 games, and Burg is #1 in Region 20. With Burg possibly hosting Ptown week 11.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mattash wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:41 pm So many good matchup choices to watch this year. Does 4 out of 5 make playoffs? Does Valley get a win? Does Oak Hill start next year?
I think Waverly makes it but I still see a loss or 2 in their future, Minford may get in at 7-3 but they may need help that Oak Hill win is what is going to have to carry them to a 6-8 seed if they do finish 7-3 because their other wins aren't getting them very many points at the moment, however I think NY will start putting some wins together after this week, Burg and West both make it. What absolutely sucks is that 3 of those teams, Burg, West and Minford are in the same region. Valley I'm not for sure if they get a win for some reason I keep thinking you may see an upset in there and I think Minford could be the one to slip up to Valley. Oak Hill does move up to SOCII next year.

Return to “Football”