Southeastern 42 Piketon 12

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Southeastern 42 Piketon 12

Post by greygoose »

Piketon has given up over 40-50 each game and honestly I don't see a winnable game

mikepike
All State

Re: Piketon (0-4) @ Southeastern (3-1)

Post by mikepike »

mlittle wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:34 pm
metwct44 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:30 pm Piketon has kids starting that would not start on most jv teams...
We would struggle against most jv teams this year
For what it’s worth, the JV team did beat Unioto!

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

mikepike wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:47 am
metwct44 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:30 pm Piketon has kids starting that would not start on most jv teams...
Biggest thing hurting the streaks this year beside the injuries imo is politics. There varsity qb plays jv right now he is special. They will be fine going forward. Their jv team was the best I’ve seen them have in a long time. My advice for Tyler is play your best guys don’t listen to the talk and get rid of any cancers. Look for piketon to be a formidable team in the next few years. Hopefully they don’t get it together this year though lol. We go there week 10 and it is always a tight scary game hate playing Tyler week 10 he is a great offensive guy.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:23 pm
mikepike wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:47 am

Biggest thing hurting the streaks this year beside the injuries imo is politics. There varsity qb plays jv right now he is special. They will be fine going forward. Their jv team was the best I’ve seen them have in a long time. My advice for Tyler is play your best guys don’t listen to the talk and get rid of any cancers. Look for piketon to be a formidable team in the next few years. Hopefully they don’t get it together this year though lol. We go there week 10 and it is always a tight scary game hate playing Tyler week 10 he is a great offensive guy.
There is a pecking order here as there is in a lot of schools. Coaching staff feels a sense of loyalty to the upper class men regardless of any talent separation there may or may not be, which in turn takes the competitiveness out of practice and the fight out of the team. If juniors and seniors know they’re gonna play because they’re juniors and seniors then why would they work hard in the off season or at practice? And if freshman and sophomores know it doesn’t matter how hard they work they still won’t play or play in limited minutes then why would they give effort in practice or the off season? They just have to wait their turn and the cycle of average continues. This holds true for a lot of programs I’m sure.

luvtlm
Riding the Bench

Re: Southeastern 42 Piketon 12

Post by luvtlm »

And why get your freshman QB hurt in a season that simply won't matter? If you want to build for the future let the young kids stay together on Saturday mornings and have some success. I wouldn't put my freshman kid behind a line that may not protect him to their fullest ability. Preach to them why you allowing them to play together on Saturday and get them to buy in. Will be the best thing that ever happened to the program and Tyler knows that.

Return to “Football”