Re: South Gallia (1-3) @ Eastern (0-4)

Post by Mister Bee »

Rebels.

Reedsville is a great place to take in a game

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Mister Bee wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:32 am Rebels.

We not close 2 the town of Reedsville

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Rebels 35 Eagles 21

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Eagle82 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:09 pm

No, but It's always been the OHSAA referring to it as "Reedsville Eastern" . They refer to it much as they do "Beaver Eastern" in pike county because they have to have a town associated with it. In newspapers and such It's usually referred to as Eastern Meigs and Eastern Pike for these 2 schools . Just saying!!!!!

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:47 am
Eagle82 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:09 pm

No, but It's always been the OHSAA referring to it as "Reedsville Eastern" . They refer to it much as they do "Beaver Eastern" in pike county because they have to have a town associated with it. In newspapers and such It's usually referred to as Eastern Meigs and Eastern Pike for these 2 schools . Just saying!!!!!
Yep just cause of mailing address, but I old school go by Eastern Meigs 🙂

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If you're talking about Eastern in any other context - Reedsville Eastern makes sense.
But you don't say "Reedsville is a great place to take in a game" ... Unless they are playing on that old softball field overgrown with grass close to the country store. lol

If you are a sports writer covering a game at Eastern ... the heading is TUPPERS PLAINS -

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Good luck to the Rebels from Raider country!

SG 42
Eastern 14

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:12 am If you're talking about Eastern in any other context - Reedsville Eastern makes sense.
But you don't say "Reedsville is a great place to take in a game" ... Unless they are playing on that old softball field overgrown with grass close to the country store. lol

If you are a sports writer covering a game at Eastern ... the heading is TUPPERS PLAINS -
Before it was Eastern it was called Olive-Orange high school in that area up to and thru part of the 50's because of the townships in the area and it was located up on SR681 and was considered Tuppers Plains at that time. I never understood why , when you have Chester below it and Tuppers Plains above it on Rt. 7 the state would use a town miles away (Reedsville) as It's reference point ?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Thanks for clearing that up. I've always been a little confused as to the proper name to use.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I believe OHSAA goes off mailing address. Post office box is in Reedsville.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Can EHS get their first W on homecoming?
Rebels 35 EHS 17

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:37 am
93Bulldog wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:12 am If you're talking about Eastern in any other context - Reedsville Eastern makes sense.

Before it was Eastern it was called Olive-Orange high school in that area up to and thru part of the 50's because of the townships in the area and it was located up on SR681 and was considered Tuppers Plains at that time. I never understood why , when you have Chester below it and Tuppers Plains above it on Rt. 7 the state would use a town miles away (Reedsville) as It's reference point ?
Also Chester High School consolidated with Olive Otange 2 create Eastern 🙂

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

OK, Eastern Local High School, which sits nearly equally between the small villages of Chester and Tuppers Plains on Ohio State Route 7 in Northeastern Meigs County, but not really near the town of Reedsville but commonly and wrongly referred to, by some, as Reedsville Eastern or Eastern Reedsville, is a great place to take in a game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Mister Bee wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:29 pm OK, Eastern Local High School, which sits nearly equally between the small villages of Chester and Tuppers Plains on Ohio State Route 7 in Northeastern Meigs County, but not really near the town of Reedsville but commonly and wrongly referred to, by some, as Reedsville Eastern or Eastern Reedsville, is a great place to take in a game.
:lol: I understood what you were saying but was just trying to get Eagle82 straight. Heck, even with Bulldog93's response, you can't get lost going to that school unless you take a turn off Rt. 7. It is nice and peaceful down by the Shade river, that's for sure.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:53 pm
Mister Bee wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:29 pm OK, Eastern Local High School, which sits nearly equally between the small villages of Chester and Tuppers Plains on Ohio State Route 7 in Northeastern Meigs County, but not really near the town of Reedsville but commonly and wrongly referred to, by some, as Reedsville Eastern or Eastern Reedsville, is a great place to take in a game.
:lol: I understood what you were saying but was just trying to get Eagle82 straight. Heck, even with Bulldog93's response, you can't get lost going to that school unless you take a turn off Rt. 7. It is nice and peaceful down by the Shade river, that's for sure.
I knew you did, just covering all the bases for everyone.

Great hillside bleachers or bring your lawn chair like the locals do or pull your truck up to the other side of the field and drop the tailgate. The folks down in that neck of the woods support their kids.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Eastern folk are really good people, great fans. Have always enjoyed my time in Reedsville, Chester, Tuppers Plains, Long Bottom. Lol

Sensation52
Riding the Bench

Post by Sensation52 »

SG with the win! You gotta score to win, eastern can’t !! Might be the worst offense I’ve seen

Route 7
Waterboy

Post by Route 7 »

Sensation52 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:23 pm SG with the win! You gotta score to win, eastern can’t !! Might be the worst offense I’ve seen
Eastern basically ran a junior high offense the first 3 weeks. Didn’t make it to the game at Waterford, but from the score it didn’t sound like they did much. My prediction is if SG scores more than 6 points they win.

KC Pickem
Waterboy

Post by KC Pickem »

I'll take Eastern as long as they don't give up big passing plays and they leave the between tackle running to Fitzgerald, Durst and Facemeyers'. Then they could utilize the Newlands' quickness by getting him out in space. Eastern usually has a good run defense but it will be tested by Sheets tonight. Good luck to both teams. I look for it to be a good game.

Return to “Football”