Athens 42 Vinton County 13

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Vinton County (1-3) @ Athens (3-1)

Post by Poo Bear »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:15 pm no just no, there is not even a similarity between the Scotties and the Ceramics and Logan v Athens

😂

Athens beats up another smaller school

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:15 pm no just no, there is not even a similarity between the Scotties and the Ceramics and Logan v Athens
True (The MVL has always been 1 and not 2 divisions as the TVC has now. That makes a lot of difference. Might as well let Athens schedule Fed Hock, Miller and Eastern in "non conference " so they can win 9 or 10 games every year but so much for playoff points). :twisted: :roll:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
LMH
Waterboy

Post by LMH »

Score?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

LMH wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:16 pmScore?
Athens is up 42-7 early 3rd quarter

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Athens 42 Vinton County 13

Post by mattash »

Athens 42 Vinton County 13

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Big fish small pond!

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

greygoose wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:33 am
Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:36 am
VetteMan wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 am

Yet they took Meigs to overtime. Mayby there running game is better than I thought?
VInton County outrushed Meigs 242 yards to 79 yards and won the time of possession battle even with 15 less offensive plays by 3 minutes.
Unfortunately only thing that matters is that scoreboard number. Good Luck VC but Athens just to much and each year I'm more and more amazed that Athens is in the TVC. lol. People talk about Northwest and Oak Hill in the SOCI which Oak Hill is moving up and Athens is a DIII playing against mostly DV and DVI schools. :roll:
Greygoose not sure where you see Athens playing against mostly D5 & D6 schools? Our schedule for (LEAGUE) is mostly D4/D5...common among leagues to have balance in teams in terms of Division...would I love us to drop say a River Valley and add a team like Warren or Gallia? Absolutely! Because the Warriors & Blue Devils would offer competitiveness in a wide variety of sports...Leagues are not just about Football...

TVC-OHIO-----------------MVL------------------------FAC----------------------- OVC
Athens [D3]---------------Tri-Valley [D2]------------Chillicothe [D2]----------Gallia [D4]
Vinton County [D4]-------Maysville [D3]-------------Jackson [D3]-------------Fairland [D4]
Meigs [D4]-----------------Sheridan [D3]--------------Miami Trace [D3]--------Cheseapeake [D5]
Alexander [D5]------------Philo [D4]------------------Hillsboro [D3]------------Rock Hill [D5]
River Valley [D5]----------John Glenn [D4]-----------McClain [D4]-------------Portsmouth [D5]
Wellston [D5]--------------Morgan [D4]----------------Court House [D4]--------Ironton [D5]
Nelsonville-York [D6]-----New Lexington [D4]-----------------------------------South Point [D5]
------------------------------West Muskingum [D5]----------------------------------Coal Grove [D6]
------------------------------Crooksville [D6]

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

questionmark wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:37 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:36 am

VInton County outrushed Meigs 242 yards to 79 yards and won the time of possession battle even with 15 less offensive plays by 3 minutes.
Unfortunately only thing that matters is that scoreboard number. Good Luck VC but Athens just to much and each year I'm more and more amazed that Athens is in the TVC. lol. People talk about Northwest and Oak Hill in the SOCI which Oak Hill is moving up and Athens is a DIII playing against mostly DV and DVI schools. :roll:
Greygoose not sure where you see Athens playing against mostly D5 & D6 schools? Our schedule for (LEAGUE) is mostly D4/D5...common among leagues to have balance in teams in terms of Division...would I love us to drop say a River Valley and add a team like Warren or Gallia? Absolutely! Because the Warriors & Blue Devils would offer competitiveness in a wide variety of sports...Leagues are not just about Football...

TVC-OHIO-----------------MVL------------------------FAC----------------------- OVC
Athens [D3]---------------Tri-Valley [D2]------------Chillicothe [D2]----------Gallia [D4]
Vinton County [D4]-------Maysville [D3]-------------Jackson [D3]-------------Fairland [D4]
Meigs [D4]-----------------Sheridan [D3]--------------Miami Trace [D3]--------Cheseapeake [D5]
Alexander [D5]------------Philo [D4]------------------Hillsboro [D3]------------Rock Hill [D5]
River Valley [D5]----------John Glenn [D4]-----------McClain [D4]-------------Portsmouth [D5]
Wellston [D5]--------------Morgan [D4]----------------Court House [D4]--------Ironton [D5]
Nelsonville-York [D6]-----New Lexington [D4]-----------------------------------South Point [D5]
------------------------------West Muskingum [D5]----------------------------------Coal Grove [D6]
LOL so when you see 4 schools that are division 5/6 and 2 D4 schools that have weaker football programs you see mostly 4 and 5. Guess it's the fan in you I see 4-2 so yeah I think in most math worlds that's most. Lol. You see 2 division 4 teams and well it's ok because there's 3 division 5, come on don't try to justify it you just proved my point as far as Athens goes, thanks. FAC Chillicothe is small 2 that was just moved up so that's not working. OVC all 4/5 but coal grove who is a 6, thanks again, MVL might be you're only point but I don't know much about that league so I can't really compare and contrast. Thanks though, if you look at this topic it says football and that's what I was referencing. ;)

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:32 pm

LOL so when you see 4 schools that are division 5/6 and 2 D4 schools that have weaker football programs you see mostly 4 and 5. Guess it's the fan in you I see 4-2 so yeah I think in most math worlds that's most. Lol. You see 2 division 4 teams and well it's ok because there's 3 division 5, come on don't try to justify it you just proved my point as far as Athens goes, thanks. FAC Chillicothe is small 2 that was just moved up so that's not working. OVC all 4/5 but coal grove who is a 6, thanks again, MVL might be you're only point but I don't know much about that league so I can't really compare and contrast. Thanks though, if you look at this topic it says football and that's what I was referencing. ;)
The MVL is splitting into two divisions next year for competitive reasons. So... can’t really use that League as a comparison anymore. Lol

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:35 pm

The MVL is splitting into two divisions next year for competitive reasons. So... can’t really use that League as a comparison anymore. Lol
LOL, really??? Strange, ppl want a competitive league??? Lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:36 pm

The TVC did this back in 1993 when NY, Belpre and VC were continually going 8-2, 9-1 and even 10-0 and missing the playoffs. The TVC split in 1993 and VC instantly made the playoffs in DIII that first season of TVC Ohio play. The reason was because instead of playing Miller, Fed Hock, and even Alexander (at the time) we had flexibility with more non conference games and scheduled D1 Portsmouth, DIII Jackson, DII Watkins Memorial, etc. it worked out well for VC and NY during that decade and even longer for NY as they have been able to maintain their program better over the years. I know VC was tired of having solid seasons go to waste by not being allowed to compete in the playoffs and I wonder how long Athens will be okay with it..?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:45 pm

The TVC did this back in 1993 when NY, Belpre and VC were continually going 8-2, 9-1 and even 10-0 and missing the playoffs. The TVC split in 1993 and VC instantly made the playoffs in DIII that first season of TVC Ohio play. The reason was because instead of playing Miller, Fed Hock, and even Alexander (at the time) we had flexibility with more non conference games and scheduled D1 Portsmouth, DIII Jackson, DII Watkins Memorial, etc. it worked out well for VC and NY during that decade and even longer for NY as they have been able to maintain their program better over the years. I know VC was tired of having solid seasons go to waste by not being allowed to compete in the playoffs and I wonder how long Athens will be okay with it..?
Back then though wasn't it 4 teams making the playoffs? Now it's 8 they just have to be ok traveling as the 7/8 seed each time.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:48 pm
Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:45 pm

Back then though wasn't it 4 teams making the playoffs? Now it's 8 they just have to be ok traveling as the 7/8 seed each time.
Yes it was 4 teams per region and only 4 divisions I believe. (May be wrong on that one) But in 93, VC finished 4th and wound up regional runner up as they lost to Ironton in overtime. But the fact is, had the TVC not split due to competition and size, VC wouldn’t have even sniffed the playoffs that year. Athens has missed the playoffs already at 9-1 and may do it again this year. I just wonder how long that will be okay there. At some point I has to become a problem, I would think. Maybe not though?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens needs to drop Logan and Warren to pick up anyone else. Like a Granville or a Sheridan
Last edited by Raider6309 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:18 pm Athens needs to drop Logan and Warren to pick up anyone else. Like a Granville or a Sheridan
It’s been 10 years and I believe warren has been on the schedule every year. Other than the Burrow years, the schedule has been an issue for the caliber of program Athens has.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It's hard with the schedule since Athens has played Gallia, Waverly, Jackson, and Chillicothe and they stopped playing us after losing.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Goose buddy...
When 5 of your 6 games are against D4/D5 and only 1 is against a D6...than the majority of your games are against D4/D5...

When Athens joined the TVC, the League was very balanced between Division Sizes housing (2 D3), (3 D4) and (2 D5), however things have changed with how the OHSAA classifies Divisions and numbers for League schools have flexed a bunch...that is the nature of High School Sports...

Yes, in 2009 Athens missed the Play-Offs at (9-1) but so did New Philadelphia (1 spot ahead) and Zanesville (1 Spot behind)...it has happened before...

Raider - 100% Athens need to adjust the 4 Non-League Games...however, Jackson (replacing Fairland) does come back onto the schedule next season so that is a plus! Losing Gallia Academy this year hurts (Coach Penrod will do great things for them)...

Since 2008 (the year Athens joined) TVC-Ohio has sent to the Play-offs at least 1 Member School..with (5 of the 7) appearing at-least once...
Athens ('11)('12)('13)('14)
Nelsonville-York ('08)('10)('11)('14)('16)('17)
Alexander ('09)('10)('15)
River Valley ('15)
Meigs ('08)

...but I'll leave it at this Goose, I look at over-all Sports and being around Baseball (specifically) the past Decade-Plus our League has been great and competitive...High School Sports come in waves, especially Football...

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

questionmark wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:48 pm Goose buddy...
When 5 of your 6 games are against D4/D5 and only 1 is against a D6...than the majority of your games are against D4/D5...

When Athens joined the TVC, the League was very balanced between Division Sizes housing (2 D3), (3 D4) and (2 D5), however things have changed with how the OHSAA classifies Divisions and numbers for League schools have flexed a bunch...that is the nature of High School Sports...

Yes, in 2009 Athens missed the Play-Offs at (9-1) but so did New Philadelphia (1 spot ahead) and Zanesville (1 Spot behind)...it has happened before...

Raider - 100% Athens need to adjust the 4 Non-League Games...however, Jackson (replacing Fairland) does come back onto the schedule next season so that is a plus! Losing Gallia Academy this year hurts (Coach Penrod will do great things for them)...

Since 2008 (the year Athens joined) TVC-Ohio has sent to the Play-offs at least 1 Member School..with (5 of the 7) appearing at-least once...
Athens ('11)('12)('13)('14)
Nelsonville-York ('08)('10)('11)('14)('16)('17)
Alexander ('09)('10)('15)
River Valley ('15)
Meigs ('08)

...but I'll leave it at this Goose, I look at over-all Sports and being around Baseball (specifically) the past Decade-Plus our League has been great and competitive...High School Sports come in waves, especially Football...
And since the year Athens joined how many titles has Athens won? Absolutely football comes in waves for some schools, for others they're left waiting 5-10 years in between the bug wave that last them 1 maybe 2 years. I mean look at just the years for playoffs on the teams you listed proof is right there. Look at the scores the years Athens rolled, luckily for the league they've been down since furrows but have still won those games because they beat everyone with a sub .500 record. Spin it how you want try to say it's only 1 division 6 school, yeah well it's 3 division 5 schools playing a D3 and the 2 division 4 teams you mention aren't football schools. Bottom line is Athens is just like Jackson to big to be in any conference in the area but Athens found a sucker to take them and everyone learned that lesson so no-one was letting Jackson in anywhere. You won't change how I or most ppl outside of Athens thinks, and that's ok ;) also how you end up at 8-2 last year and nowhere near playoff eligible as the 12 seed

Return to “Football”