Site Admin

Hillsboro 39 Clermont Northeastern 7

Post by mattash »

Tough test for the Indians

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
veer
Freshman Team

Re: Clermont Northeastern (3-1) @ Hillsboro (4-0)

Post by veer »

I will say Hillsboro 49- CNE 7

Every year CNE has come into this game with a good record and gotten throttled by the Indians. Hillsboro's big RB's are a load to bring down.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Indians going away.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just asking? Mayby Hillsboro has a pretty good defense? Even though I think they only won by a couple pts, they must have been able to hold the Western Brown QB in check. From what I heard, he played like an ( All World ) QB against Jackson.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Hillsboro contested a lot of the passes. The QB still got his numbers but the difference in that game was Hillsboro was able to sustain long drives on offense when it counted. They chewed clock and made stops on Defense when it was most important. But I'm not sure id say Hillsboro held that QB "in check". I think what ruined Jackson was they got down big early. Its hard to come back from a 20+ deficit and pull out a W

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

You probably hit the nail on the head. I didn't see the Jackson vs Western Brown game, only what I heard. I think you're right, as I read they were down 27 - 0 at one time and came back and took a 28 - 27 lead.I think they got worn out chasing him around, as I think he threw for over 400 yrd. and ran for over 150 yrd.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Clermont really just a .500 ball club and honestly I don't think I see this being a very close game, Hillsboro by 4 scores.

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

I agree that Hillsboro was able to chew a ton of clock against Western Brown.

I left that game saying that the WB QB was by far the best player on the field. He threw the ball extremely well, and very athletic when he took off and ran with it. Hillsboro was able to flush him from the pocket most of the night, but I'm not sure if they ever got him for a sack (maybe once or twice).

The biggest difference in the game was dropped passes by WB. I know they dropped at least 2 TD passes. Hillsboro was very fortunate to leave Mount Orab with a victory that night.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

joeboggs1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:08 am I agree that Hillsboro was able to chew a ton of clock against Western Brown.

I left that game saying that the WB QB was by far the best player on the field. He threw the ball extremely well, and very athletic when he took off and ran with it. Hillsboro was able to flush him from the pocket most of the night, but I'm not sure if they ever got him for a sack (maybe once or twice).

The biggest difference in the game was dropped passes by WB. I know they dropped at least 2 TD passes. Hillsboro was very fortunate to leave Mount Orab with a victory that night.
Agree. Hillsboro was lucky they played WB week one and not week 4 or five. I predict WB going on a little run racking up 4 or 5 wins this season. Both Hillsboro and WB made mistakes that couldve cost them the game. I think Hillsboro just made the fewest and thats what showed at the end of the night.

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

veer wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:37 am
joeboggs1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:08 am I agree that Hillsboro was able to chew a ton of clock against Western Brown.

Agree. Hillsboro was lucky they played WB week one and not week 4 or five. I predict WB going on a little run racking up 4 or 5 wins this season. Both Hillsboro and WB made mistakes that couldve cost them the game. I think Hillsboro just made the fewest and thats what showed at the end of the night.
Yep, I am honestly very surprised this was their first win. I think they have a good team and a perfect offense for their quarterback. I would expect many more wins for them.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Hello there Hillsboro get them points.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Running clock

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hillsboro

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

too much Indians

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
KSW
Riding the Bench

Post by KSW »

5 and 0 heading into league play, next week will be their first real test.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Hillsboro 39 Clermont Northeastern 7

Post by mattash »

Hillsboro 39 Clermont Northeastern 7

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”