Site Admin

Bloom-Carroll 31 Hamilton Township 20

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Re: Hamilton Township (1-3) @ Bloom-Carroll (3-1)

Post by Zunardo »

LOL. I give up on any prognostication this week. I do remember BC's Otto had a very good game at QB against us last year when they beat us at Hamilton Township. Read in another thread that the Bulldogs start quite a few sophomores this year, and in that respect both teams are pretty even, so it might be an interesting game.

Looking forward to returning to Bloom, and hitting up their excellent concession stand for a mocha cappucino. I hope they've fixed the PA speaker on the visitors side by now! :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Hamilton Township (1-3) @ Bloom-Carroll (3-1)

Post by noreply66 »

Bloom has look good this year. I would go with them if I was to bet.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Bloom-Carroll 31 Hamilton Township 20

Post by mattash »

Bloom-Carroll 31 Hamilton Township 20

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Re: Bloom-Carroll 31 Hamilton Township 20

Post by Zunardo »

..HT BC
1 0-0
2 20-7
3 0-10
4 0-14

Ouch! Despite a 90-minute lightning delay 3 plays into the game, throwing pics after getting down to BC's goal line on two separate possessions, a scoreless first quarter, and a two-touchdown lead at the half, Hamilton Township still looked like they might sneak out of Carroll with a win.

Alas, once again the Rangers failed to control their destiny in the second half while the Bulldogs scored 24 unanswered points to knock the Rangers down for their 4th loss. I left at halftime, but I heard from friends that it was quite the heartbreaker.

The storm that blew threw was vicious - high winds, much rain and lightning - but the artificial sod appeared to drain well and the players didn't appear to be unduly affected by the wet turf.

BC's Otto Kuhns kept Bulldogs alive, from what I saw. Late in the 2nd qtr, BC with 4th and long at midfield, and went for it. Kuhns bobbled the snap at shotgun, and was chased back to his own 15 by Ranger defenders, then uncorked a long pass that was caught for a first down. That should have been a heads-up for us right there.

Ah well. Back home in the Township this Friday, hosting Logan Elm for our Homecoming game.

Return to “Football”