SVC Sports Talk — Feedback Wanted

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

SVC Sports Talk — Feedback Wanted

Post by danicalifornia »

http://dbkmediaservices.com/wordpress/s ... talk091718

Here’s the link to this week’s episode. On this episode we cover the constant variety of sports in the SVC as well as going in-depth of this past week’s football action.

If you listen, please hang on til the last 10 minutes for a new topic which we would like to get some feedback on. Even if you just skip to it after you listen to football, we would appreciate it.

The topic covers multi-sport athletes within the same school season. We want to see if we can get some different perspectives from around SE Ohio and the SVC.

http://dbkmediaservices.com/wordpress/s ... talk091718

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: SVC Sports Talk — Feedback Wanted

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I haven't even opened up the links to this yet but I'll say this before even seeing them. Multi-sport athletes are a dwindling breed because of specialization and new breed coaches wanting these kids to play just one sport, both boys/girls. I think this is the biggest drawback to a lot of participating schools numbers we are seeing today, especially in the smaller schools where you need all athletes on board to field competitive teams. So many schools now are just glad they can get enough bodies to play, let alone compete and that's why I believe we see so many lopsided scores in games today. JMO, feel free to blast me

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:29 pm I haven't even opened up the links to this yet but I'll say this before even seeing them. Multi-sport athletes are a dwindling breed because of specialization and new breed coaches wanting these kids to play just one sport, both boys/girls. I think this is the biggest drawback to a lot of participating schools numbers we are seeing today, especially in the smaller schools where you need all athletes on board to field competitive teams. So many schools now are just glad they can get enough bodies to play, let alone compete and that's why I believe we see so many lopsided scores in games today. JMO, feel free to blast me
Which is strange because coaches should be encouraging kids to play other sports. I was at a clinic where they said I believe it was 80% of D1 college athletes were 2 sport players in high school. Even in the Super Bowl this past year it was something like 110 of the 112 players between the 2 teams were at one point 2 sport players in high school.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

At Washington our better athletes are Multi sport athletes. This past year class of 2018 we had only 3 seniors that competed in 3 sports for 4 years. We had multiple athletes that were seniors and did 2-3 sports well over 20.

Multi sport athletes are dwindling because parents believe that you have to focus on 1 sport to get a scholarship. Also alot of the youth programs and AAU etc are telling athletes you have to do this out season with us and not do a school sport . Its really sad to see. In the spring I coach track and I have to constantly convince girls to come and out and I will work with their club volleyball and basketball schedules. Frustrating

Return to “Football”