Jackson 69 Washington CH 40

allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: Washington CH (4-1) @ Jackson (3-2)

Post by allamericanironman »

Looking at schedules we get wch trace boro at home that’s right 3 home games in a row! Then McClain and chilly away. I don’t know how long it’s been since we have lost 3 in a row in league play. I know we are good enough to go 7-3. Like a 20% chance we get Hartley first round this should shed some light on why we have a tough time in the playoffs. Most years I don’t know if the d2 state champs can play with the eliete d3 catholics.

Put it in reverse
Waterboy

Post by Put it in reverse »

Five out of the last six years a catholic has won d2. This year and last year it’s possible that the best team in the state regardless of division is in d2. Saying that any of those schools couldn’t compete with the d3 elite catholic is just silly. The elite d3 catholic you’re referring to lost to just lost to a d4 public school your league mates didn’t want to play with anymore.

Put it in reverse
Waterboy

I do think Jackson wins this game though. Court House hasn’t beat a team with a winning record since 2010.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Put it in reverse wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:52 am Five out of the last six years a catholic has won d2. This year and last year it’s possible that the best team in the state regardless of division is in d2. Saying that any of those schools couldn’t compete with the d3 elite catholic is just silly. The elite d3 catholic you’re referring to lost to just lost to a d4 public school your league mates didn’t want to play with anymore.
Back in the day we went d2 and our region was easier than in d3 hands down looking regionally. Here is my point it is simply not fair for Catholics to compete in the playoffs it should be towns and cities competing not private institutions giving athletic scholarships.

Put it in reverse
Waterboy

That’s the same bad attitude your league mates had when they booted Massie and Wilmington. We can’t compete, so we’re taking our ball and leaving. You don’t prepare for the playoffs by playing cupcakes. The public schools that consistently compete deep into the playoffs play out of conference games that prepare them for that. Wheelersburg and Clinton Massie both had no problem scheduling an “elite” division 3 catholic. Win or lose you get better playing a game like that. Continue avoiding games like that and your playoff results will never change.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

WCH schedule is poop...the only team they played that was any good was London and everyone seen that outcome. And I dont want to hear "the weather was bad"....well, London had to play in the same weather. WCH wins come from teams with a combined record of 2-18..........this is their first test since London and I believe WCH loses....Yes they have tremendous athletes...but when your coach plays all of his best players on offense, the defense tends to not be very good. Which has been the case since the arrival of this coach. Jackson takes care of business this week at home.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Put it in reverse wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:11 pm That’s the same bad attitude your league mates had when they booted Massie and Wilmington. We can’t compete, so we’re taking our ball and leaving. You don’t prepare for the playoffs by playing cupcakes. The public schools that consistently compete deep into the playoffs play out of conference games that prepare them for that. Wheelersburg and Clinton Massie both had no problem scheduling an “elite” division 3 catholic. Win or lose you get better playing a game like that. Continue avoiding games like that and your playoff results will never change.
First of all don’t lump us in with those turds. We will play any one any time anywhere. We have been there done that played the best and will continue to. Don’t know where your at but you can come get some! That our attitude punkazz. The FAC gonna learn why no one wants us around period .

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:43 pm
Put it in reverse wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:11 pm That’s the same bad attitude your league mates had when they booted Massie and Wilmington. We can’t compete, so we’re taking our ball and leaving. You don’t prepare for the playoffs by playing cupcakes. The public schools that consistently compete deep into the playoffs play out of conference games that prepare them for that. Wheelersburg and Clinton Massie both had no problem scheduling an “elite” division 3 catholic. Win or lose you get better playing a game like that. Continue avoiding games like that and your playoff results will never change.
First of all don’t lump us in with those turds. We will play any one any time anywhere. We have been there done that played the best and will continue to. Don’t know where your at but you can come get some! That our attitude punkazz. The FAC gonna learn why no one wants us around period .
HAHA :lol: I believe Clinton Massie is in need of a week two game next season. Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Next 5 years were gonna be lights out! several young recruits in gonna reload bigger and stronger be our best shot at state. We ain’t scared a bit never will be! That is a promise.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Well you should contact the Clinton Massie AD and set something up for week two next season! I'd come watch that

Put it in reverse
Waterboy

I didn’t lump you in with them. You did that all by yourself when you joined a league with them. In your first response you complained about Catholics in the playoffs, so apparently the anybody, anytime, anywhere thing is only good if it doesn’t include “elite” Catholics in the playoffs. I’ll give you credit for scheduling Wheelersburg. That’s a great out of conference game. Aside from them you’ve played nobody. Strength of schedule 73 out of 107 according to Drew Pasteur. Jackson will not get challenged by anyone in their league on a consistent year to year basis. That’s my point. Given the quality of the league you’re in, you’re not going to know how to win tough playoff games unless you consistently schedule those kind of games out of conference. One game out of ten doesn’t cut it.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

veer wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:00 pm Well you should contact the Clinton Massie AD and set something up for week two next season! I'd come watch that
Scheduling Clinton-Massie! No way,no how. What are you trying to be, a comedian or something?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Put it in reverse wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:17 pm
I didn’t lump you in with them. You did that all by yourself when you joined a league with them. In your first response you complained about Catholics in the playoffs, so apparently the anybody, anytime, anywhere thing is only good if it doesn’t include “elite” Catholics in the playoffs. I’ll give you credit for scheduling Wheelersburg. That’s a great out of conference game. Aside from them you’ve played nobody. Strength of schedule 73 out of 107 according to Drew Pasteur. Jackson will not get challenged by anyone in their league on a consistent year to year basis. That’s my point. Given the quality of the league you’re in, you’re not going to know how to win tough playoff games unless you consistently schedule those kind of games out of conference. One game out of ten doesn’t cut it.

You make some very good points but i disagree that Jackson plays “NOBODY”

Gallia Academy could very well be 9-1 and OVC champs.

Western Brown is not a powerhouse but was a quality team of equal size.

Wheelersburg- nothing needs said

Washington Court House is a very talented D3 school .

Hillsboro is 5-0 and on the rise

Chillicothe is D2 and has become a very quality program

If your comparing Jackson to a state power no it’s not a killer schedule but for a good southern Ohio program (which is what Jackson is) it’s a solid schedule imo

Put it in reverse
Waterboy

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:07 pm

If your comparing Jackson to a state power no it’s not a killer schedule but for a good southern Ohio program (which is what Jackson is) it’s a solid schedule imo
Admittedly, I know very little about Gallia Academy. Other than what can be found on Joe Eitel and Drew Pasteur, who has their strength of schedule at 91 out of 107. For the sake of argument, I’ll let you have that one.

Western Brown is the doormat of the SBAAC. Routinely getting beaten badly by much smaller schools

WCH- come on man, they haven’t beaten a team that finished with a winning record in eight years. EIGHT YEARS. The teams they have beaten are a combined 2-18. The one good team they played beat them by 50.

Hillsboro is 5-0. The teams they have beaten are 6-14. Three of them are at least two divisions smaller. They are getting better, but let’s be honest, there was only one direction to go.

Chillicothe has good teams occasionally. But they get by on a weak schedule and playing teams much smaller than they are. When was the last time they beat a quality team during the regular season or playoffs?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:07 pm

Jackson’s schedule is much better than what it use to be 10 years ago. I see nothing wrong with it. Would be nice to see some more of the old Seoal rivalries in non conference over the next few years. I know Logan and Athens are scheduled and they’ve played gallia obviously. For one of the few D3 schools in southeast Ohio, I think Jackson has one of the most challenging schedule of them all.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Can’t play CM next year...Jackson’s schedule is booked

Probably can’t play them anyway but I probably shouldn’t say why. Smart folks can figure it out.

bertflow56
Waterboy

Post by bertflow56 »

WCH 56 Jackson 28 is my prediction. Jackson doesn't have the athletes to keep up with the Lions. Actually the Lions have at least 4 players better than anybody on Jackson's team. This is the best team WCH has had in 30 years. The London game we had 4 starters out. Jackson won't get that luxury. Get ready to go home sad Jackson.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bertflow56 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:21 pm WCH 56 Jackson 28 is my prediction. Jackson doesn't have the athletes to keep up with the Lions. Actually the Lions have at least 4 players better than anybody on Jackson's team. This is the best team WCH has had in 30 years. The London game we had 4 starters out. Jackson won't get that luxury. Get ready to go home sad Jackson.
Well, you picked Washington by 28 over London and then London won by 50. You were only off by 78, not bad.

I don’t agree with your prediction but I imagine it will be much closer than your last prediction.

Maybe Washington has the 4 best players....maybe Jackson has 15 of the next 20 best.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

veer wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:00 pm Well you should contact the Clinton Massie AD and set something up for week two next season! I'd come watch that
Clinton Massie has no kind words for Jackson.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:12 pm
Clinton Massie has no kind words for Jackson.
The FAC is one of the best football conferences in the area . All similar size schools (D3)

Would love for Logan to join in football

Return to “Football”