Jackson 69 Washington CH 40

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Washington CH (4-1) @ Jackson (3-2)

Post by countywide35 »

game day,......should be an absolute perfect night to be up on the hill watching football!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Looking forward to this one tonight. This game will tell us a great deal about both teams.

Should be a great night for football in one of the best stadiums in Southern Ohio.

Jackson’s physicality will be on display. Can WCH handle it? I hope so!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:39 am Looking forward to this one tonight. This game will tell us a great deal about both teams.

Should be a great night for football in one of the best stadiums in Southern Ohio.

Jackson’s physicality will be on display. Can WCH handle it? I hope so!
Not trying to disagree with you, but where was all this physicality last weekend against Wheelersburg and the week before against Western Brown?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:39 am People that I've talked to around this area seem to really want to come and see as well as play in Jacksons Stadium. People have said its by far the best in SEO.
It’s called Alumni Stadium for a reason. When you walk in look to the right at the names on the wall. We built it with our hard earned money.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:08 am
wch125 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:44 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:15 pm I guess it was MT last year and a 76-48 score

I was at the JH game tonight watching highest score I have ever seen in my life for JH football. Jackson 76- WCH 66. Both teams had some very good athletes on the offensive side of the ball. Obviously both defenses struggled. It was fun to watch from offensive perspective. Both Jackson and WCH Qb's played well, and WCH receivers looked good. I will say this #15 for Jackson the Qb was a big boy I thought he was a hs kid! He's huge and gamer.

FAC talk if the league were to add teams I would like to see them go after Circleville and Logan elm in the MSL . Both would be a good fit in all sports . They travel well and alot of schools in the league play them already. Another Great fit I think would be Waverly. This would be a school of similar size and once again another great fit for the league in all sports. Problem is travel time in some sports. Although many schools in our league compete against them also in many sports.

Back to the game, it will be a battle , I don't think our kids think they will come a blow anyone out. This should be a good hard hitting game that will come down to important defensive stops with both teams fighting for there playoff chances here. This should feel like a playoff type atmosphere because its for position in the rankings and its for the top spot in the Conference. Looking forward to it and our Kids are too ! Lets Go Big Blue!
Circleville possibly but not logan elm. Teays Valley and Hamilton Township are the two best candidates for new additional teams to teams to add. both very competitive teams in all sports, especially teays valley.
Glad to see others notice the future. we have some young talent that’s hard to miss. Someone might just know what they are talking about.?

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

The Power Run?? Well we know from experience that it's not always enough for the Ironmen. The Ironmen struggle with pass defense. If WCH wins, and I think they will, it will be with the passing game. They are a 2 dimensional offense.....Where Jackson is a one dimensional offense and Defense. Jackson Runs and defends the run well. But they pass and defend the pass terribly. WCH- 28 Ironmen- 21

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

London would dismantle the Ironmen.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:50 pm The Power Run?? Well we know from experience that it's not always enough for the Ironmen. The Ironmen struggle with pass defense. If WCH wins, and I think they will, it will be with the passing game. They are a 2 dimensional offense.....Where Jackson is a one dimensional offense and Defense. Jackson Runs and defends the run well. But they pass and defend the pass terribly. WCH- 28 Ironmen- 21
I don’t think that is the right word.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

This is absolutely Courthouses year to win the FAC. Almost everyone agrees they have the most talented roster. Jackson is coming off a great 4 year run where they won 36 football games. The 2018 Ironmen has had to fight and claw almost every game. They spotted western brown 27 points and was still goalline fumble from winning. Jackson will show up and compete as they did with wheelersburg. Court could and should win the fac and Shame on them If they don’t.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Not sure where Jackson’s physicality was vs Western Brown or Wheelersburg. I guess I would say those teams were able to handle it.

I’m interested in how WCH reacts if Jackson comes out and methodically moves the ball and starts strong and gets a lead. The 4-1 record doesn’t tell us much, but I think tonight’s game will. I am hoping WCH handles the atmosphere and possibly some adversity and comes out with a win. I have no clue if they will.

I don’t think WCH is the clear favorite in this league. Chillicothe is the favorite and Hillsboro, Jackson and WCH are all thought to be good enough to compete for the title. That’s my opinion. After tonight we will know a great deal more about both these teams. Also I think the loser is going to have a very difficult time playing in week 11.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Thank you for your honest response. I tend to agree that they may have been able to be more Physical than WB, but seldom can anybody put themselves in a 27-0 hole, let alone come back and take the lead. Mayby it was just the QB, but it didn't seem as if the defense was ever really able to have the confidence, to be able to stop WB. I didn't see the game, just going on from what I heard and read.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Been on here a while and don’t mind honest questions or discussions.

I’m not from WCH but as of this year have become a fan. Family works there and if they are good enough to hire someone from my family then I’m going to root for them when I can.

I think highly of Jackson’s program. The staff has developed an identity and the community has shown their loyalty and support. That should always be respected.

And, Ironman is not that bad of a guy. He has his days.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Jackson 7 wch6

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

With Jackson leading, WCH drove inside the 20, but fumbled it away.

Jackson returned the favor by fumbling a couple plays later and WCH capitalized to go up 12-7.

Jackson then fumbled on the first play of their next possession, but Treylan Davis picked off a pass to give the Ironmen the ball back.

The Ironmen are driving, down 12-7 midway through the 2ndQ.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Icenhower to Haller for the TD on 3rd and 11 from the 15.

Jackson leads 14-12 now.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

WCH tries a double pass, but Steward tucks it and runs. Clipping call in the backfield has WCH backed up deep in their own territory inside the 10.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

3 and out for Court House.

Reid Evans returns the punt 52 yards for a TD!!

Jackson leads 21-12 with 7+ mins to go in the 2ndQ.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

WCH backed up deep in their own territory again after mishandling the kickoff. Sounds like it was gonna go out of bounds.

Penalty by Jackson, though, moves them out to their own 35.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Run by Gio Thomas across midfield and then another first down. Court House driving.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

4th and 2 inside the 30 for WCH and they convert.

Return to “Football”