Wheelersburg 37 Oak Hill 6

allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: WK 6: Wheelersburg (4-1) @ Oak Hill (4-1)

Post by allamericanironman »

Charles Farquar wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:51 am The year Oakhill beat Burg they had that once in a lifetime team never had the talent like that before and chances are they will not have it again. A defensive lineman went on to have major playing time at Kent the quarterback played in the GLAC and three kids were recruited by Ashland. The team went deep in the playoffs. Will never approach that again. The team was like Jackson's 96 team and Wellston's teams of around 2000. Sometimes small schools do that you have a gathering of talent for that once in a lifetime class
Charles Farquar wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:51 am The year Oakhill beat Burg they had that once in a lifetime team never had the talent like that before and chances are they will not have it again. A defensive lineman went on to have major playing time at Kent the quarterback played in the GLAC and three kids were recruited by Ashland. The team went deep in the playoffs. Will never approach that again. The team was like Jackson's 96 team and Wellston's teams of around 2000. Sometimes small schools do that you have a gathering of talent for that once in a lifetime class
Wellston 2000 I remember them that is the year gonna beat us. We had to play up there beat them 20-0. We averaged 300 yds rushing that year with 10 and 11 in the box. The guy I had to block was 6 4 320 could do back flips and run a 4.8 . We broke their will that game. I heard about all the hype from you guys on the jjhuddle thanks for the extra motivation! The 1996 team could have beat the OU that year.
Burg 59 oaks 6
Last edited by allamericanironman on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:57 am
Wellston 2000 I remember them that is the year gonna beat us. We had to play up there beat them 20-0. We averaged 300 yds rushing that year with 10 and 11 in the box. The guy I had to block was 6 4 320 could do back flips and run a 4.8 . We broke their will that game. I heard about all the hype from you guys on the jjhuddle thanks for the extra motivation! The 1996 team could have beat the buckeyes that year.
Burg 59 oaks 6

That 96 team could’ve beaten the Bucks but they couldn’t beat the Vikings! 😁😁

allamericanironman
All Conference

Dundas wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:04 am
Wellston 2000 I remember them that is the year gonna beat us. We had to play up there beat them 20-0. We averaged 300 yds rushing that year with 10 and 11 in the box. The guy I had to block was 6 4 320 could do back flips and run a 4.8 . We broke their will that game. I heard about all the hype from you guys on the jjhuddle thanks for the extra motivation! The 1996 team could have beat the buckeyes that year.
Burg 59 oaks 6

Here we go ....I changed it to ou buckeyes won rose bowl that year. This is true! That’s vcs yeah but story!

allamericanironman
All Conference

:D w
Burg 59 oaks 6

That was the first time playing on a concrete gravel broken beer bottle surface. How does a field get potholes?

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:29 am
Dundas wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:58 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:23 am

I don't understand how anyone can be baffled by the move, Oak Hill has grown into a nice football program that has simply outgrown the SOCI. They're a DV school fielding teams twice the size of the other DVI and DVII schools in that conference, outside of Northwest. They've been playing Burg and Minford for a few years now and typically their games with Minford are close, have been beaten by Burg rather easily but so has the rest of the SOCII teams. Burg last year beat them 44-0 and Burg beat West 41-7, most years they will be able to compete with Valley and Minford and I'm sure they'll have years where they will compete with West and Waverly all in all when you look at it this is a team that can find themselves in the middle of the SOCII on most years and possibly top 2-3 when the right team comes around. They've beaten down on the other SOCI schools long enough and I think this move is coming at just the right time. If you don't really know much about Oak Hill or SOCI or SOCII I guess I can see why someone would ask why, but for anyone that knows the conference they know it's the right move for the league especially from a competitive balance factor. I mean they are the only DV school in that league outside of Northwest, they're playing 4-DVII schools and 1-DVI school in SOCI. 2017 Oak Hill outscored 5 SOCI opponents 209-53 and Green canceled the game at the end of the year or it would've been a lot worse, that's including a East team that won their 1st ever playoff game and they beat them 36-12, Looks pretty simple to me.
When you break it down like that, it makes sense. 4 games against schools 2 divisions lower and 1 game against 1 division lower is a big advantage. Athens plays 2 schools 1 division lower, 3 schools 2 divisions lower and 1 school 3 divisions lower in the TVC. Just curious, how long has oak hill competed in the small school soc?
Couldn't tell you on that, have been for quite awhile, there was a time way back when they played Waverly as well. Oak Hill didn't use to have the football program they have now but like I said they've really come around and built a pretty competitive team. When I was looking at Eitel the 2016 season is a great example, Oak Hill finished 5-5 but went 5-1 in SOCI play losing to a 10-0 east team 27-26 and beat a 7-3 ND team 32-24 in that year they outscored SOCI opponents 252-69 and they were just a .500 ball club take out those 2 games and they beat the rest of them by 201-19. What's an interesting stat, well if you're a burg fan I guess, I looked back on the Oak Hill and Burg scores. Oak Hill scored 7 points in the 1st game between these 2 in 2014 and haven't scored since, you read that correctly shutout in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Pretty impressive
Wheelersburg had a longer shutout streak against valley. They shut them out in 2003,2004,2005,2006,2007 and only gave up a field goal in 2008. Valley went 6 seasons without scoring a TD against Wheelersburg.

allamericanironman
All Conference

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:24 am :D w

Burg 59 oaks 6

allamericanironman
All Conference

Who gets SouthWebsters kids that want to play football?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:23 am
Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:14 pm Oak Hill IMO should stay in the soc1 conference because 99% of the time they will not be able to compete with the SOC ll schools waverly, west and Burg will beat them every year. And Valley ! I really don't understand this move by the Oaks maybe this will help them improve in football so they can be competitive who knows ? I'm baffled by it
I don't understand how anyone can be baffled by the move, Oak Hill has grown into a nice football program that has simply outgrown the SOCI. They're a DV school fielding teams twice the size of the other DVI and DVII schools in that conference, outside of Northwest. They've been playing Burg and Minford for a few years now and typically their games with Minford are close, have been beaten by Burg rather easily but so has the rest of the SOCII teams. Burg last year beat them 44-0 and Burg beat West 41-7, most years they will be able to compete with Valley and Minford and I'm sure they'll have years where they will compete with West and Waverly all in all when you look at it this is a team that can find themselves in the middle of the SOCII on most years and possibly top 2-3 when the right team comes around. They've beaten down on the other SOCI schools long enough and I think this move is coming at just the right time. If you don't really know much about Oak Hill or SOCI or SOCII I guess I can see why someone would ask why, but for anyone that knows the conference they know it's the right move for the league especially from a competitive balance factor. I mean they are the only DV school in that league outside of Northwest, they're playing 4-DVII schools and 1-DVI school in SOCI. 2017 Oak Hill outscored 5 SOCI opponents 209-53 and Green canceled the game at the end of the year or it would've been a lot worse, that's including a East team that won their 1st ever playoff game and they beat them 36-12, Looks pretty simple to me.
Yes they have out grown SOCI but playing up is going to be rough I think! Playing non conference is ok then u get into SOCII playing Minford, valley then the 3 W’s going to be physical and getting use to and injuries going to happen playing week in and week out bigger stronger teams. I hope they can get it done because it will help them with computer points

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:39 am Who gets SouthWebsters kids that want to play football?
Not aware of any that have ever went to school at SW and play football for burg if that’s what you mean

allamericanironman
All Conference

JTEK wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:59 am
allamericanironman wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:39 am Who gets SouthWebsters kids that want to play football?
Not aware of any that have ever went to school at SW and play football for burg if that’s what you mean
Let’s say I live in Webster and my boy wants to play football does he go to burg or oak hill if so you would be like a d3 school? Does this ever happen?

allamericanironman
All Conference

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:19 pm
Let’s say I live in Webster and my boy wants to play football does he go to burg or oak hill if so you would be like a d3 school? Does this ever happen?
Or like a beaver kid going to waverly or piketon?
I know oak hill gets our second string with their open enrollment.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:22 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:19 pm

Or like a beaver kid going to waverly or piketon?
I know oak hill gets our second string with their open enrollment.

Eastern has a football team so unless they're cream of the crop good id say they would stay

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
art_vandelay
SE

Re: Wheelersburg (4-1) @ Oak Hill (4-1)

Post by art_vandelay »

Most Webster kids that want to play football just transfer to Minford or Burg while in elementary or junior high (and they have lost some real good athletes the past 10 years or so for football). I unaware of any that have actually continued attending school at Webster while playing football for another school. If anybody knows the actual OHSAA rule on that, i'd be interested to know.*

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

tha burg is a mighty mighty fine football team.....cant afford to make too many mistakes against them because they will eventually make you pay dearly for them....on paper by all means tha burg should roll big but the Oaks will come out ready to play and play hard.......burg takes them lightly and looks forward to week 7 the Oaks could cause all sorts of trouble for them.....good luck to both teams and wish an injury-free game to them as well......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Kids from South Webster play soccer at the youth level just like every school. Except when 5th/6th grade or junior high football starts and kids have to choose a sport, all the athletes stay in soccer at SW and they've pretty much dominated the area for the last decade or better. Similar enrollment as the other schools but only 1 major fall sport to play. I believe they have 30 plus boys out for soccer this year. That is more then most SOC 1 football teams!!! And by the looks at some of their athletes that play soccer/basketball, would guess they would compete with every SOC1 football school with the exception to Oak Hill.

allamericanironman
All Conference

GoAt 10 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:25 pm Kids from South Webster play soccer at the youth level just like every school. Except when 5th/6th grade or junior high football starts and kids have to choose a sport, all the athletes stay in soccer at SW and they've pretty much dominated the area for the last decade or better. Similar enrollment as the other schools but only 1 major fall sport to play. I believe they have 30 plus boys out for soccer this year. That is more then most SOC 1 football teams!!! And by the looks at some of their athletes that play soccer/basketball, would guess they would compete with every SOC1 football school with the exception to Oak Hill.
I am not knocking the jeeps. I actually like the area just over the hill from my stomping grounds! I thought burg pulled talent from there they are a sneaky d5 program pull from a large pool. Oak hill has had some great players from Jackson over the years.in 95 96 97 and several more recently.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

The Oak Hill vs Wheelersburg series started in 1930. From 1930 to 2010 it stands 9 wins for Oak Hill, Wheelersburg with 8 wins and one tied game in 1936. 2011 through 2017 5 games played all wheelersburg wins.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

gator81 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:07 pm The Oak Hill vs Wheelersburg series started in 1930. From 1930 to 2010 it stands 9 wins for Oak Hill, Wheelersburg with 8 wins and one tied game in 1936. 2011 through 2017 5 games played all wheelersburg wins.
Where did you get this information? I can't say it is right or wrong, but according to http://www.burgfootball.com/uploads/1/1 ... 2_6_18.pdf, Wheelersburg leads the series 9-2.

tds4dayz
Waterboy

Post by tds4dayz »

Oak Hill is very underestimated by their opponents. They have some weapons on both sides of the ball, plus they are starting two sophomores both ways.

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

Burg. Yuge

Return to “Football”