Waverly 35 Valley 28

toast
All State

Re: Waverly (5-0) @ Valley (2-3)

Post by toast »

Keys for Waverly:

1. Recover the ball when Valley kicks off. The game I attended every Valley kickoff (and there were many) was lofted about 10 to 15 yards downfield. Valley recoverd the ball once and nearly a couple more times. You have to go after the ball aggressively! I suspect we'll see a fake punt also.

2. Account for Shope on "every single play". He fakes the handoff numerous times a game and runs the ball. He's fast and he's strong.

3. Can't let the Valley receivers behind our DBs. They'll make you pay.

4. Contain Streeter: Easier said than done! He runs hard. Also, look out for misdirection plays and screens. I bet we see both!

5. Play with passion and spirit! I like what I saw from #8 the other night. :)

Go Tigers!! The weather looks extraordinary...I can't wait for this one. Biggest game of the season so far for Waverly! Hoping for a huge Waverly crowd Friday. Valley's side will be near capacity I'm sure.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

People posting/predicting a blow out is crazy. Valley is a very dangerous team and now has 5 games under their belt.
Toast posted some real concerns and keys to Waverly’s success. If Waverly does a good job of those, mainly defensive concerns, they should win this game. Valleys defense has given up a lot of points and Waverly has a bunch of weapons....
The weather forecast is looking great - Tigers will bring a HUGE crowd!!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I am going with waverly. I enjoy watching there offense on film. There quick, throw a lot, run a hurry up. Valley is improving but taking waverly by 10 or more

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

Valley will be ready to play there is no doubt about that. They are just too well coached to not be prepared, but the defense needs to play much better than Week 1 giving 57 to Portsmouth and the offense has to be just as good because Waverly will light up the scoreboard.
Honestly with Waverly getting some kids back as long as we don't look ahead (everyone knows who we play next week) and keep focused on Valley I'll say Waverly by 2 tds.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Waverly by 3-4 touchdowns

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

toast wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:11 pm Keys for Waverly:

1. Recover the ball when Valley kicks off. The game I attended every Valley kickoff (and there were many) was lofted about 10 to 15 yards downfield. Valley recoverd the ball once and nearly a couple more times. You have to go after the ball aggressively! I suspect we'll see a fake punt also.

2. Account for Shope on "every single play". He fakes the handoff numerous times a game and runs the ball. He's fast and he's strong.

3. Can't let the Valley receivers behind our DBs. They'll make you pay.

4. Contain Streeter: Easier said than done! He runs hard. Also, look out for misdirection plays and screens. I bet we see both!

5. Play with passion and spirit! I like what I saw from #8 the other night. :)

Go Tigers!! The weather looks extraordinary...I can't wait for this one. Biggest game of the season so far for Waverly! Hoping for a huge Waverly crowd Friday. Valley's side will be near capacity I'm sure.
6. No holding/blocks in the back during Shoemaker's kick/punt returns.

7. No turnovers.

8. No 3rd down drive extending penalties on defense.

9. No injuries/get the injured players back.

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 6 Waverly (5-0) at Valley (2-3)

Post by footballelite »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:06 pm Waverly by many especially if they get the 2 previous starters back that have been out lately.
which starters have been out?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

footballelite wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:49 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:06 pm Waverly by many especially if they get the 2 previous starters back that have been out lately.
Marquez and Phoenix were out, are they back now ?

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I think valley has a major player out too? #12, didn't play last game and a half. Im thinking he has a shoulder injury, can anyone confirm this?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

smurray wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:21 pm People posting/predicting a blow out is crazy. Valley is a very dangerous team and now has 5 games under their belt.
Toast posted some real concerns and keys to Waverly’s success. If Waverly does a good job of those, mainly defensive concerns, they should win this game. Valleys defense has given up a lot of points and Waverly has a bunch of weapons....
I agree...Valley is indeed a very dangerous team! They possess the most productive balanced offense we've seen. I was impressed when I watched them. They've put up 180 points in five games which is more than any team we've faced. They're effective at both running and passing the ball. What makes it even more of a challenge is when Shope drops back to pass he's a real threat to take off and run.

West @ Minford and Waverly @ Valley......What an exciting opening week for the SOC2.

I like our Waverly team! They've stepped it up when they had to and they've overcome a fair amount of adversity. Make no mistake....it will take another "HUGE" effort this week to beat a very solid well coached Valley team. Go Tigers!!
Last edited by toast on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Valley with the upset!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:08 pm
footballelite wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:49 am
Marquez and Phoenix were out, are they back now ?
and Brown.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Waverly 40
Valley 28

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

toast wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:48 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:21 pm People posting/predicting a blow out is crazy. Valley is a very dangerous team and now has 5 games under their belt.
I agree...Valley is indeed a very dangerous team! They possess the most productive balanced offense we've seen. I was impressed when I watched them. They've put up 180 points in five games which is more than any team we've faced. They're effective at both running and passing the ball. What makes it even more of a challenge is when Shope drops back to pass he's a real threat to take off and run.

West @ Minford and Waverly @ Valley......What an exciting opening week for the SOC2.

I like our Waverly team! They've stepped it up when they had to and they've overcome a fair amount of adversity. Make no mistake....it will take another "HUGE" effort this week to beat a very solid well coached Valley team. Go Tigers!!

I really hope the coaching staff and players are NOT taking Valley as lightly as some on here. This Valley team can light it up quick so we better be prepared and focused... I believe we are the better team with more skilled athletes but this will be the best team we’ve faced so far and by far the best offensive team we’ve seen. And we better be ready for fake punts, onside kicks, reverses, halfback passes, you name it - throw in the kitchen sink.....

Tigers shoud get Brown back, not sure about Marquez....

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

So it sounds like this one could possibly be a shootout? Or the battle of who commits the least amount of turnovers? I have not watched Valley at all, just know the final scores to their games. But I am pretty confident in Waverly's ability to score and it seems like Valley can put some points up as well. How is Valley's defense?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:00 pm So it sounds like this one could possibly be a shootout? Or the battle of who commits the least amount of turnovers? I have not watched Valley at all, just know the final scores to their games. But I am pretty confident in Waverly's ability to score and it seems like Valley can put some points up as well. How is Valley's defense?
Gave up 50 to Portsmouth and 60 to raceland. They have good skill players. They are improving each game but still have work to do.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Expect to win Waverly big here, but I'd love to see the Injuns take this one.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

good luck valley

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Overall I see defense and special teams as being the most important thing in this game. As a result I think Waverly has the advantage in both.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:21 pm Overall I see defense and special teams as being the most important thing in this game. As a result I think Waverly has the advantage in both.
I would agree, just hope the Tigers aren't entering overconfident and looking ahead to a HUGE week 7 matchup.

Return to “Football”