Portsmouth West 26 Minford 15

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Re: Portsmouth West (4-1) @ Minford (5-0)

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Minford needs Turf in a bad way!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Week 6: Portsmouth West @ Minford

Post by Bleeding Red »

f-minford wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:52 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:24 am I said it early in the year. Minford has the ability to take down West. I’m going to stick with that. Minford by 4.
R u on dope?
Get back to class kid.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:31 pm Minford needs Turf in a bad way!
Turf would be nice but I am one that still likes the traditional grass fields :D

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:04 pm
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:31 pm Minford needs Turf in a bad way!
Turf would be nice but I am one that still likes the traditional grass fields :D
So do I! But it’s like the grass is impossible to grow out there looking from the stands haha

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Believe me when I say that if the grass doesn't grow on the football field, its not Minfords fault. Mayby 8 or 9 years ago I was at a game at Minford, standing in the end zone during the game, and all of a sudden the sprinkler system came on. I can't remember how long it took to get it off, but it seemed like a few minutes.

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

f-minford wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:54 pm West heavy
Can we PLEASE stop making these fake accounts trashing one school? It's a bad look.

Anyway, I don't know much about Minford but I think the weather will play a big factor into this one. Hopefully it's not as bad as 2015, but that did turn into a really good game.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:16 pm Believe me when I say that if the grass doesn't grow on the football field, its not Minfords fault. Mayby 8 or 9 years ago I was at a game at Minford, standing in the end zone during the game, and all of a sudden the sprinkler system came on. I can't remember how long it took to get it off, but it seemed like a few minutes.
That was an Oak Hill game I believe it was because the game was delayed and ran into the time the sprinklers were scheduled to come on it was memeorable!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

You're probably right. I was just a fan and knew they were playing at home that night. I was even late getting to the game. If I would have guessed I would have said Northwest, but I'm sure that you are right.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Would love to see Minford get field turf.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I'll take west by a touchdown

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I agree with the turf thing. Every school should have it IMO. But it can be advantageous to have a natural surface when a faster team comes to town and it goes uncut for a couple weeks. 😂

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:52 am I agree with the turf thing. Every school should have it IMO. But it can be advantageous to have a natural surface when a faster team comes to town and it goes uncut for a couple weeks. 😂
With the amount of rain and humidity that we have seen this late summer/early fall the grass is growing faster than they can probably cut it. At least that is the case at my house.

After a couple of weeks they would have to call Lang's Farm in to round bale it lol.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:14 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:52 am I agree with the turf thing. Every school should have it IMO. But it can be advantageous to have a natural surface when a faster team comes to town and it goes uncut for a couple weeks. 😂
With the amount of rain and humidity that we have seen this late summer/early fall the grass is growing faster than they can probably cut it. At least that is the case at my house.

After a couple of weeks they would have to call Lang's Farm in to round bale it lol.
At my house too Bleeding Red. I'm sick of cutting grass.
The field at Minford doesn't seem to drain very well or something. Seems to me it doesn't have much crown on it. Maybe it did when they first build it, but they had to flatten it out to make end zones. Lol. Sorry couldn't help my self.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

haha, I remember that happening. If they do ever get turf, hope they get an outside source to measure for them. They have nice facilities over there, turf would be a nice addition to it. As for the game, i still think West take this one. Might be closer than people think, but i think West will pull away late.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:14 am

😂. That would be a site. 😂

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

The team that has the least amount of turnovers wins. It's that simple.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

That may be a part of it but there is a little more to it than that, what if neither lose a possession? Then who?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Should be a great ballgame. I say it won't be by more than 1 score for whoever wins.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

West Side Pride wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:12 pm That may be a part of it but there is a little more to it than that, what if neither lose a possession? Then who?
Line play is what I believe it will come down to the most.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

First real test of the season for Minford and I do think West is more battle tested so I am gonna take West by 10

Return to “Football”