Article: Cincinnati Hills Christain Academy 21 Trimble 20

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Article: Cincinnati Hills Christain Academy 21 Trimble 20

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

USING THE ROSTER OFF OF THE HUDL FOR TRIMBLE AND FOR C.H.C.A. I AM USING ROSTER FROM THEIR ATHLETIC PAGE
Last night after taking in the Bellaire game, I made my way to Glouster to watch my 2nd game ever at,The Glouster Memorial Stadium.
The place looks so much different than it did back in 2015, where Trimble fell to rival Nelsonville York.

I was invited to set up in the new press box, since it was raining, so I could do the article but for this reason I have zero pictures.
I want to thank the good people from Trimble,all the way to the awesome man, who ran the scoreboard clock, who also has over 30 years experience coaching, the coaches for talking to me and everyone in the press box, who were all good people. The pizza was good and the Mountain Dew cold.

Brady Metzler would be stopped by the Tomcats, Sam Ives for no gain to set the tone for the type of defense, the large crowd,especially on the home side would see. The Tomcats defense would hold a dangerous Eagles offense to just six yards on their first drive.

The Eagles defense would show that they too can play a little too, when Julian Herman got to Max Hooper, holding the talented back to zero yards. The Tomcats would get a 69 yard run from Cameron Kittle to set up a 3 yard gut run by Sawyer Koons, for the games first score.#40 Max Hooper missed the point after attempt, and that to set the tone for the Trimble kicking game. The score was 6-0 with 5:46 left in the opening quarter.

The Trimble defense led this time by, Ian Joyce and Koons got to Cole Fisher and laid a big time hot on his and holding him to just a small gain,at the 5:20 mark of the quarter. Then it would be Sam Ives, who made a big defensive play, when he got to Fisher nailing him for a loss of three, with 4:42 left. The Tomcats defense again came up big with a little under 4:00 left in the quarter, when Koons laid a Ronnie Lott type hit on DJ Aimes, holding the speed demon to just a five yard gain, after a nice catch.

Before the quarter came to an end, the Tomcats would get a 11 yard run from Connor Wright, to move the chains and then on a third and seven call,Cameron Kittle, who looks like a running back playing quarterback, used his feet to pick up 16 yards and another Trimble first down.

Two things you can take to the bank, when playing a good team, especially when their season is already on the line, is you can not make mistakes. The Tomcats, who had already missed a chip shot point after kick, would make another mistake, just eleven seconds into the 2nd quarter, when Kittle put the ball on the ground and the Eagles #65(NOT ON THE ROSTER) came up with it.

The Eagles offense got a little tricky on the ensuing drive, when they lined up in what could be called a rugby type formation, where the QB looked to walk away, to his right and then Alex Barnard took off around the left side and easily outran the defense for a 80 yard score. Michael Phillips connected on his point after kick, to give the Eagles a 7-6 lead, with 8:51 left in the half.

The Tomcats offense would respond with a 10 play, 70 yard drive, that ended on a Wright 28 yard run, after he used a gigantic hole and hit it hard. Wright then completed a two point run, to give the Tomcats a 14-7 lead, with 4:07 left in the half.

The final 5:26 of the half would see the Tomcats fumbled the ball away, when it appeared Kittle mishandled the snap from center. Then later in the half Alex Coffman sacked Eagles quarterback Cole Fisher, for a 10 yard loss. The two teams would leave the field at the half, with the Tomcats leading 14-7, but it should have been by more, if not for some mistakes.

At the 10:50 mark of the third quarter, the Tomcats would convert a third and ten, when Kittle used his feet to pick up 12 yards.Then with 7:53 left on third and six, Wright took the ball to the Eagles one yard line, where Kittle plowed in for the score. The point after kick was again missed,leaving this a 20-7 game, with 7:34 left.

Just seconds latter Fisher coughed the ball up and it appeared Todd Fouts for Trimble came up with it.
The Tomcats offense failed to take advantage of their good fortune allowing the Eagles to stay in the game and get the ball back to their offense.

The Tomcats would get a nice defensive play from, Ian Joyce when he got to Jack Wilkowski for a 5 yard loss, at the 3:43 mark.
Fisher would find Herman for a big catch down to the Trimble 44 yard line, with his team facing a long third and eight.
Fisher then found Ames for a gain of 15 yards down to the Tomcats 5 yard line. Twenty seconds later Fisher eased in from five yards out to make this a 20-13 game. After the point after kick, we had a 20-14 game, with 2:29 left in the third quarter.

Before the quarter closed,Kittle used his feet again to convert a third and five, when he picked up 20 big yards.
It appeared the momentum had swung back to the Tomcats after that big run, but the biggest question of all was, could they keep it.

At the 9:33 mark of the final frame, Trimble got a rare pass completion on third and twenty nine, that resulted in a gain of 26 yards leaving them just 3 yards short of a first down. With all of the momentum back on the Tomcats side the Cats took a timeout to decide on just what they were going to do on fourth and three. I think, but won't say with 100% conviction that everyone in the press box thought they were going to go for it. But to the shock of everyone in the press box and maybe the entire stadium, the coaching staff elected to go for a 27 yard field goal, after the kicking had already missed two chip shot point after kicks. The snap was clean, the kick had plenty of distance, but again it was missed, leaving this a 20-14 game, with a little under 9:00 remaining.

The Eagles offense came out rejuvenated after the miss field goal, with the immediate result being a 69 yard pass play from Fisher to Ames. The Eagles offense would find themselves in a fourth and thirteen situation, with 6:38 left in the game.Fisher dropped back to pass and threw a beautiful pass into the end zone, where Herman made the catch to lock this one up at 20. Michael Phillips trotted onto the field looking very confident as he prepared to attempt the biggest point after attempt of the season. He stepped back looked at his holder gave a little nod and easily hit the kick, to give his team a 21-20 lead and leave the home side shaking their head as a deathly quiet was heard from them.

The Tomcats offense and took the field and started moving the ball, but with 5:11 left, after Kittle had picked up what would have been a nice gain, he was stripped of the ball and coming up with it for the Eagles was Matthew Rebhun.

The Tomcats defense came out and got a huge play from Coffman, who got to Fisher for a 5 yard loss and then Fisher was sacked by Joyce for a nine yard loss. The Eagles would punt the ball away, giving the Tomcats pound and ground offense one last chance to be the hero.

A misplay on the punt left Trimble 79 yards away from the end zone and I would say about 66 yards away from a game winning field goal attempt. The drive started out great, with Kittle completing a pass, that turn into a hook and ladder, with the net result being a 29 yard gain. From there it was back to the ground for five plays, with the result being 19 yards gained. The next two plays were desperation pass plays that were near misses for Trimble and allowing the Eagles to hold on for a win.

Trimble falls to 4-1 on the year, with the Eagles moving to 3-2.

Very unofficial stats
Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy
48 Plays
258 Yards
Passing 11-19 1 TD

Trimble
74 plays
426 Yards
Passing 2-6
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Article: Cincinnati Hills Christain Academy 21 Trimble 20

Hopefully next season, when I make it back to Glouster, the weather will be better and I can get a lot of pics.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Thanks! Very very good rundown. Even though they knew Trimble was going to run the ball 99% of the time,its very apparent that Trimble still pretty much had a lot of success with there running game. To have 24 more offensive plays and outgain someone by 168 yards, I would say that Trimble probably feels as if they let one get away. I know that turnovers and fumbles are a part of the game. When they had a 2 Touchdown lead, another score I think would have taken the air out of Cincinnati Hills. The sad thing is I could keep saying ( What If ),but its not going to change the outcome.Keep your Head up Trimble, I think the better team just came up a little short.

catsx2
Waterboy

Post by catsx2 »

Correction: Re-watching the game on TV Cable and #40 Max Hooper attempted the first PAT and the field goal. #14 Noah Rossiter attempted the PAT on Trimble’s 3rd TD.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Thanks. I am correcting it.

Return to “Football”