Notre Dame 16 Green 8

sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Re: Green (5-0) @ Notre Dame (0-5)

Post by sportsjunky22 »

Green will have to be a team with a winning record before anything. The teams they have been besides West Union, have only won 3 games. I think Eastern will be their toughest opponent besides Oak Hill. I am happy for the Bobcats, but I think their 5-0 record is misleading.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I think the Green Bobcats will bring home the win to the furnace!

BobcatBall
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatBall »

Farmer45 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:43 am GREEN IS OVERATED!!!!!!
#FakeNews

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

I wasn’t aware Green was rated enough to be overrated 😄

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

BobcatBall wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:34 am
#FakeNews
I wouldn't call it fake. I wouldn't put Green anywhere yet. They have won games... yes. I don't discredit that at all. But we have to look at the records of the teams Green has faced (Opponents win-loss is 3-14) is hardly headlines. One of the wins is also a club team. As I said, a win is a win, but quality opponents are something they have not seen yet. Notre Dame is struggling as well, but, if we look at the schedules ND has played a MUCH tougher schedule (Opponents win-loss 17-8).

If ND has Mader back, it could certainly change the outcome of the game. If he isn't back, ND can still win but will need to play better ball.

BobcatBall
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatBall »

Why is it that we want to treat Green like they are Burg or Ironton? Next to Notre Dame they are the smallest school in the area with football. ANYONE they play is an equal foe.

I listened to people say they couldn't best West Union. They did.
I listened to people say they weren't ready for East and they were.
I listened to people say NO WAY they beat Symmes Valley and they won that one too.

They aren't out here saying "bring on Burg" they are just going out there and beating the teams across from them.
Comments like they are over rated are probaly coming from someone who it kills them to give Green any credit for what they are.... A D7 school with about 75 boys in it that is now 5-0.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Treat them like Burg? Not hardly. But Green posters want to feel like they are Burg and have been here before.

When they compete and make the playoffs or win the SOC, that will mark their return to stardom. Until then. Be humble.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I think Green was takes this one. It will not matter if ND has Mader back or not. Continued success Bobcats.

Farmer45
Waterboy

Post by Farmer45 »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:59 am
BobcatBall wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:34 am
#FakeNews
I wouldn't call it fake. I wouldn't put Green anywhere yet. They have won games... yes. I don't discredit that at all. But we have to look at the records of the teams Green has faced (Opponents win-loss is 3-14) is hardly headlines. One of the wins is also a club team. As I said, a win is a win, but quality opponents are something they have not seen yet. Notre Dame is struggling as well, but, if we look at the schedules ND has played a MUCH tougher schedule (Opponents win-loss 17-8).

If ND has Mader back, it could certainly change the outcome of the game. If he isn't back, ND can still win but will need to play better ball.
EXACTLY they have not played anybody thats actually decent. Honestly if they made the playoffs its a disgrace.

Ill plow it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I think it’s awesome people talk about green so far. There program has been getting beat up every year. Win 1 or 2 games. Barely have enough kids to field a team. Didn’t have enough to play oak hill last year. So to be 5-0 is amazing. They struggled against bad teams. They have played a lot better. Cheers to them. When people mention burg and green beats them I think it’s sarcasm but people take it serious. I hope they have a great year and kids come back. That’s how it starts and build a program.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Greenbobcats3
Waterboy

Post by Greenbobcats3 »

Green by 3 touchdowns bring on the burg!!!!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It's hard for me to understand why some people have to be so negative against a school that's having the time of there life. I probably shouldn't be surprised, because there are people that are so miserable themselves, that they try to make everyone else like themselves. Even if they don't win another game, and go 5-5, 6-4, 7-3, or even 8-2, after what they went through last year, they have had a great year. I'm not from Green and know very little about them, but I'm so happy for them that they are having a great year. Go get that 6th win this week-end.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

As for the game Green by 21 or more , if they go out and play a clean game.

I am excited for those who are affiliated, with this program.
For a school that has its share of blowout loses, and losing season in bunches, I think it is great that this team, is giving their community some good times.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I would put Minford, 5-0and Green 5-0. Tops in Scioto County based on records. until someone beats these two they are unbeaten and deserve top billing. This would be a great matchup of unbeaten half way thru season.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I'm old Bobcat I'm happy for the kids, I'm smart enough to know they couldn't play with the Burg, or Ironton
and others schools. I hope the finish at least 9-1. It could only help the future of the program.
Last edited by Mavrick2016 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Happy for Green , I had kids go thru the system at ND a few years back , Green was down in every sport except baseball. So they have paid some serious dues to get where they can enjoy this run of success , But . LOL always a but , the poster that suggested ND homers people in football is goofy . Heck ND hasn't exactly had a team to brag about in 3-4-5 years or so . They beat the brakes off green for well over a decade , maybe two decades , and certainly didnt need any help doing it . And I don't know I would describe finishing 3-4 th in the SOC 2 in softball as " winning" I guess it beats being last but ND and Clay have ruled the league for nearly 10 years.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:46 pm I would put Minford, 5-0and Green 5-0. Tops in Scioto County based on records. until someone beats these two they are unbeaten and deserve top billing. This would be a great matchup of unbeaten half way thru season.
Wish it worked that way we're undefeated so tops in county simply not true. What are they ranked statewide in their division?? I'm extremely happy for green that video mattash posted just showed you how the community and kids have embraced this team.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Green moves to 6-0

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

Playoffs!!?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Green will finish 8-2, and make a playoff appearance.

Return to “Football”