Varsity

Re: Green (5-0) @ Notre Dame (0-5)

Post by hoot »

ND controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Bob Ashley is a heck of a coach, and Green played undisciplined tonight.

An idiot Green fan came and confronted Newsome on the field after the game, one loss and it shows you how low people will stoop.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

The fan is 100% idiot. But, He represents a lot of frustration with the community and Ted. This group of kids won at the peewee and Jr High levels, usually by a large margin.

If you watch them now you feel they have underperformed through the years under Newsome. People who seriously don't know crap about football have watched our offense and said "you guys run the same play over in over". Ted even joked about trying to pass in a recent interview. Well, the inability to switch it up probably cost a win tonight.
Through 6 games we've been out coached in 5 of them. Winning on talent alone.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:54 pm The fan is 100% idiot. But, He represents a lot of frustration with the community and Ted. This group of kids won at the peewee and Jr High levels, usually by a large margin.

If you watch them now you feel they have underperformed through the years under Newsome. People who seriously don't know crap about football have watched our offense and said "you guys run the same play over in over". Ted even joked about trying to pass in a recent interview. Well, the inability to switch it up probably cost a win tonight.

So the fan is 100% idiot but he represents a lot of the community?!? Lol Green will be fine...still see at least 1 or 2 more wins on schedule and that's a winning season. Not bad given their situation last few years.

Game also showed that ND is better than their record. I figured they'd play with Green but didn't figure they'd beat them. ND plays like that rest of year and they'll end up 5-5.*

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:05 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:22 pm :shock: My prediction is 8-2
Likewise! Where is the Pike Eastern game played this year? Could even be mayby 9-1? Most important thing though is one game at a time, win this week and be 6-0
At eastern who just beat Summer 38-12 at SV which is pretty impressive.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Only thing I can say is hope you don't make the play offs at 7 or 8th seed even 6th you will have a running clock and its a long drive to Trimble,HP and Lucas.

:roll: cats :roll:
ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:24 pm
VetteMan wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:05 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:22 pm :shock: My prediction is 8-2
Likewise! Where is the Pike Eastern game played this year? Could even be mayby 9-1? Most important thing though is one game at a time, win this week and be 6-0
At eastern who just beat Summer 38-12 at SV which is pretty impressive.
Yeah he's a known drug user and idiot. But he sees what a lot of others do too. He just shouldn’t have acted like he did,b when he did.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:54 pm The fan is 100% idiot. But, He represents a lot of frustration with the community and Ted. This group of kids won at the peewee and Jr High levels, usually by a large margin.

I am not from Green, and don't have a dog in the fight. But you have to remember where Green has been the past 15 years, and I don't mean that with disrespect. Ted took over a really bad program, which wasn't even the fault of the coaches before him - it was just "wear and tear" over time. When Ted took the job I don't think too many top-level football coaches were beating down the door to coach (once again no disrespect), but he stepped up and is actually trying to build an actual program. You can have all the talent in the world, but when you are in a dysfunctional system - you will not succeed. Just look at Portsmouth!!!!

And what doesn't help, is the community telling the kids that their coach is failing them. Kids do listen, believe it or not. Green is having their best season in a really long time, and the kids need encouraged, supported, told they are doing great, etc. - not being told that they should actually be doing better.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

CharlieHustle wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:51 pm Notre Dame up on Green 16-0, 7:20 left in game. ND’s defense has been stout.

And ND is Mader-less.
Wow, I figured ND could pull off the win with mader but wasn't sure without. What was the final?

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

16-8.

Green's score came from an ND turnover in the redzone. Haney played tailback, and ND controlled the line although being heavily outsized.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to ND on that 1st win and for Green strap it back up and keep playing

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Hey! Don't get down on yourselves. You still have 4 more games to play. I'm still going to hope that you have a chance to make the playoffs. You lost a tough ballgame,its not as if you were blown out. Hang in there.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Notre Dame 16 Green 8

Post by mattash »

Notre Dame 16 Green 8

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bradyquinnd
Waterboy

Post by bradyquinnd »

Killer= Immature Idiot

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

Instead knocking this program how about getting out and voting on a new school in this year. I have heard there is a levy that could be voted on this year is that true or not?

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

killer wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:18 am Wow! Greens true colors showed tonight. Not that good at all! Playing weak opponents thought the first 5 weeks. Notre Dame is a lot better than their record! Anyway, I was right about Green. Come on up and compete with us and see what happens lol.
Sorry to offend everyone, but it's a bit of the truth. Weak opponents result in wins which is nice for the players and community but, do nothing for them when they start playing teams that have a bit of talent. I get it, they are trying to build back up.

The fans are what makes it so hard to get behind a team who has struggled for so long. When and if your fans act out and create drama, the only people that suffer are the kids.

Good luck to Green the rest of the year. Green has a chance to win 1 of the next 5 (Northwest) in my eyes. Shoot for a winning season.

Notre Dame has an opportunity as well to cut even and go .500. But without Mader, it will be difficult. Any word when he plans to return?

Return to “Football”