Post by mattash »

Sounds like a fun game

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth (3-2) @ Coal Grove (3-2)

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looks like a great game going on at the Grove.

coopracing
Waterboy

Post by coopracing »

Yes it is

Codeblue79
Waterboy

Post by Codeblue79 »

:oops: What has happened to the defense the Trojans had the first couple of games this season. Lately it seems they can’t stop anyone. Coal Grove, so far has had there way with out defense. Grove could be up 2 touchdown right now had the wide open receiver not dropped a pass before halftime. The defense need to step their game up and get a couple of stops.

coopracing
Waterboy

Post by coopracing »

30 to 22 Grove onside kick Grove recover

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Coal Grove - 30

Portsmouth - 22

7:10 left in 3rd

Portsmouth fumbled the kickoff

1st &10 Coal Grove ball on the Portsmouth 47.

coopracing
Waterboy

Post by coopracing »

Grove should be up 3td already but keep shooting them self in the foot

coopracing
Waterboy

Post by coopracing »

Stop on 2 pt

coopracing
Waterboy

Post by coopracing »

36 to 34 Grove with 1.15 protsmouth Goin haft to onside kick it

coopracing
Waterboy

Post by coopracing »

Grove recover

Quicknfast
Waterboy

Post by Quicknfast »

Harmon the CG QB is the real deal.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Really fun game to watch, really bad defense from both teams tonight. CG QB is really tough. I think Portsmouth may have the worst playbook in the history of football. I’m not sure who’s calling the plays but get him out of there. Also you’re down 2 with no timeouts and you don’t onside kick it...you kick it deep, just bad coaching. Congrats CG!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

A battle of no defense. Coal groves offense just mowed our kids over. There qb was a beast. There left side receiver I don’t think dropped 1 pass. Our coaching staff has to show some kind of emotion. They act the same if we win by 50 or lose by 50. It’s ok to yell and get upset at the boys. It’s coaching. Halftime everyone was outside the locker room it looked like. Kids can’t fix it if there not being told what there messing up. When you can here the guy in the crowd louder than the kids and coaches there’s a problem. The guy yelling in the crowd I’d love to see be a coach lol. Kudos to you sir for being passionate. 99 should be a lineman. Use him on the line until you call a tight end play then move him. Half back pass for the 2 point wasn’t a good call. Rb trying to throw with gloves on. If that was a onside kick at the end it was the best kick of the night. I feel the kids played there hearts out. Really bummed over this loss. Not sure Parker’s stats but I’m sure they were good.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Our offense played one heck of a game this week. Nice to get a win, the village really showed up tonight and got loud, especially towards the end. Time to get back to work on Monday and get ready for a big game against a 5-1 Gallia team. Go Grove!

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Portsmouth 8 14 0 12 = 34
Coal Grove 8 16 6 6 = 36
First Quarter
CG — Kyle Sites 2 run (Nate Harmon run) 3:17
Prt — Talyn Parker 4 run (Danny Lattimore run) 2:06
Second Quarter
CG — Aaron Music 2 pass from Nate Harmon (Harmon run) 11:56
Prt — Talyn Parker 14 run (Danny Lattimore run) 8:47
CG — Kyle Sites 16 run (Nate Harmon run) 3:12
Prt — Danny Lattimore 3 run (run failed) 0:52
Third Quarter
CG — Nate Harmon 9 run (run failed) 7:14
Fourth Quarter
Prt — Talyn Parker 86 run (run failed) 11:44
CG — Kyle Sites 5 pass from Nate Harmon (pass failed) 4:29
Prt — Tyler McCoy 1 run (pass failed) 1:15

Individual Leaders
RUSHING — Portsmouth: Talyn Parker 19-261, Tyler McCoy 8-17, Danny Lattimore 4-38, Hayden Yerardi 1-5, Eric Purdy 1-2; Coal Grove: Nate Harmon 13-66, Austin Stapleton 19-94, Kyle Sites 7-41, Aaron Music 4-33, Jalen McKenzie 3-12.
PASSING — Portsmouth: Danny Lattimore1-3-1 30; Coal Grove: Nate Harmon 10-18-0 129.
RECEIVING — Portsmouth: Eric Purdy 1-40; Coal Grove: Jalen McKenzie 3-39, Greg Keeney 1-5, Kyle Sites 2-14, Aaron Music 4-71.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Coal Grove 36 Portsmouth 34

Post by mattash »

Coal Grove 36 Portsmouth 34

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Coal Grove Hornets on the win.........the CG QB Nate Harmon was a major player in the game. He made plays with his arm and his feet. Aaron Music had a huge game for CG, catching 2 TD passes with 2 interceptions. Portsmouth's defense probably played its poorest game of year, and they were very fortunate that CG dropped a TD pass in the end zone with just 4 seconds to play in the first half. The receiver was wide open, and I couldn't believe that he got behind the secondary in that situation.

The Trojans' offense had a very good game, but not coming up with any points on the first drive of the game ended up as the difference in the score. If PHS scores on the opening drive, be it TD or FG, they would have won. Can't come up empty when you drive the ball all the way down the field to the 5 yard line. Talyn Parker showed why he is the bellcow of the Trojan offense. With virtually no passing game to speak of, Parker still tallied 261 yards on the ground and kept PHS in the game. He also made some big hits on defense.

There are some winnable games left for the Trojans, but they have got to put together 4 good quarters of football on both sides of the ball. That seems to be an elusive thing for Portsmouth football. PHS just hasn't been consistent on either offense or defense. Two games they have scored 0 and 7 points, and 3 times they have allowed 34 or more points......and last night was another missed opportunity to beat a team with a winning record.

GO TROJANS!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Looks like Portsmouth needs to find 3 things, defense coach, something more the Parker and a kicking game. good teams Will shadow Parker like West did. You need a passing game to open up the run, yes I know Parker go his 260 plus but it’s not going to keep happening until they get the passing game going. The defense when I went and watched the West game I thought they change and was going to play hard nose D but since the West game nothing. Portsmouth also needs a kicking game! It beat them last night and other games too. All them players and no extra point kicker or field goal kicker if they kick the point after they win last nights and it changes the loss column

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

14U wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:02 pm Looks like Portsmouth needs to find 3 things, defense coach, something more the Parker and a kicking game. good teams Will shadow Parker like West did. You need a passing game to open up the run, yes I know Parker go his 260 plus but it’s not going to keep happening until they get the passing game going. The defense when I went and watched the West game I thought they change and was going to play hard nose D but since the West game nothing. Portsmouth also needs a kicking game! It beat them last night and other games too. All them players and no extra point kicker or field goal kicker if they kick the point after they win last nights and it changes the loss column
260 yards is great. Parker is playing amazing ball. But what’s does those stats mean if you still put a loss on the score board. Your are correct every team will focus on him. He will have 3 really good games. Peake, south point and fairland have no defense. I’m actually a little worried about peake but I think we win. Portsmouth has a team that can be really good. We have big kids. Crazy to see coal grove mowing our defense over. I can what if all day but it’s over and focus on next week.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Yikes
Riding the Bench

Post by Yikes »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:05 pm Really fun game to watch, really bad defense from both teams tonight. CG QB is really tough. I think Portsmouth may have the worst playbook in the history of football. I’m not sure who’s calling the plays but get him out of there. Also you’re down 2 with no timeouts and you don’t onside kick it...you kick it deep, just bad coaching. Congrats CG!
I heard that the kicker was told to kick an onside. I was also at the game and the coaches' reaction seemed to tell the same story. Some blame the kicker for the missed FG. I do not. He's a really good kicker and made is 100% for PATs. Kickers miss. Both teams played with an insane amount of heart. Hats up to CG and also the Trojans for not giving up and fighting until the very last second.

Return to “Football”