Wheelersburg 49 Waverly 0

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: WK 7: Wheelersburg (5-1) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by Poo Bear »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:10 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:28 am

Massie destroyed Western Brown last night, who took Jackson to the test, who Wheelersburg beat with ease. I know you shouldn't compare scores but after the thumping Burg put on Waverly last night I'd say they want no part of Massie.
Nor does wheelersburg. Massie beat Hartley who destroyed wheelersburg. Massie would put a running clock on wheelersburg.
Never said they did, now did I? Besides, we won't see them but Waverly might. Good luck with that.
Agree just a different level than area schools

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:29 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am

Nor does wheelersburg. Massie beat Hartley who destroyed wheelersburg. Massie would put a running clock on wheelersburg.
Never said they did, now did I? Besides, we won't see them but Waverly might. Good luck with that.
Interesting that hartleys 2 losses are on the road, a 3 hr drive and one Well over an hour on a bus
And Massey’s is on the road well over 2 hours on a bus but yet you think that it highschool kids aren’t affected at all by long bus rides
Last edited by fbnut on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

fbnut wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:44 pm

Interesting that hartleys 2 losses are on the road, a 3 hr drive and one Well over an hour on a bus
And Massey’s is on the road well over 2 hours on a bus but yet you think that it makes no difference where you play
How far was the drive to Massillon last year ?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:58 pm

And Massey’s is on the road well over 2 hours on a bus but yet you think that it makes no difference where you play
About 3 hrs for Eastwood, 3 1/2 - 4 for burg
I think it was mentioned that in the playoffs both teams travel

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

fbnut wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 pm

Who won ?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:04 pm

Who won ?
Not understanding what your asking both teams traveled
Someone had to win
Wonder if that’s why ohsaa tries to find a neutral site an equal travel distance for both teams

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:04 pm

Who won ?
Burg went up the day before and stayed in a Hotel. And then we all know the outcome of that one. It must have been the Continental Breakfast.

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

Travel plays a role on some games. For the game everyone is talking about Burg travelled 2 plus hours on a day which was 90 degrees out on school buses where A/C is not great. I’m sure that effected some kids. Not saying that was the complete reason the game ended the way it did but some could say that played a role. Also many people forget that the game was very close in the second half and burg had a few turnovers which made the score differential larger than the competition on the field.
Many people just get tired of Wheelersburg constant winning will take the shots at them when they can. Not very many give them their due.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Burg 49 Waverly 0 end of story!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Were most of you talking about Hartley beating Burg even at the game? I don't care what anyone says, Hartley got away with holding ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!

They could not keep the DE's from getting around them so they would just grab them. Stidham and Wilson were held every time they got around the O-line. There was even one poster in the Burg-Hartley thread that made the comment you have to adjust to the no holding calls when you go to Columbus. Just how in the hell do you do that especially if your defense is geared on putting pressure on the QB or in clogging up the back field!!

The biggest no hold call was on the fake punt. The end on that side was getting ready to make the tackle and the O-linemen just hooked him and took him down. Different ballgame IMO if Burg gets the ball there and goes down and scores. they had just put two scores back to back and had Hartley thinking this team can play.

They also held Holden all night on the defensive side. Tanner would put a move on him at the line and get around the guy and he would just reach out and grab Tanner. It was quite pathetic to watch out of a referee crew.

As far as Burg play Clinton Massie, sure they might get beat and they might get beat bad but guess what?? At least Burg has the balls to play a team like that and would fight with them to the very end!!!!!!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:11 am Were most of you talking about Hartley beating Burg even at the game? I don't care what anyone says, Hartley got away with holding ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!

They could not keep the DE's from getting around them so they would just grab them. Stidham and Wilson were held every time they got around the O-line. There was even one poster in the Burg-Hartley thread that made the comment you have to adjust to the no holding calls when you go to Columbus. Just how in the hell do you do that especially if your defense is geared on putting pressure on the QB or in clogging up the back field!!

The biggest no hold call was on the fake punt. The end on that side was getting ready to make the tackle and the O-linemen just hooked him and took him down. Different ballgame IMO if Burg gets the ball there and goes down and scores. they had just put two scores back to back and had Hartley thinking this team can play.

They also held Holden all night on the defensive side. Tanner would put a move on him at the line and get around the guy and he would just reach out and grab Tanner. It was quite pathetic to watch out of a referee crew.

As far as Burg play Clinton Massie, sure they might get beat and they might get beat bad but guess what?? At least Burg has the balls to play a team like that and would fight with them to the very end!!!!!!
Wow . Just wow. You lose by 30 plus and blame the refs. Weak just weak

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:33 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:11 am Were most of you talking about Hartley beating Burg even at the game? I don't care what anyone says, Hartley got away with holding ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!

Where in my post did I blame the refs? I just said hartley got away with a lot of holding and had they been called it would have been a closer game and when from someone in Columbus makes a comment about the no calls on holding it just proves my point.

Evidently your team has gotten there butt handed to them by the Burg you still haven;t gotten over that. You seem to love to come on Burg threads and bash the Burg.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:40 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:33 am

Where in my post did I blame the refs? I just said hartley got away with a lot of holding and had they been called it would have been a closer game and when from someone in Columbus makes a comment about the no calls on holding it just proves my point.

Evidently your team has gotten there butt handed to them by the Burg you still haven;t gotten over that. You seem to love to come on Burg threads and bash the Burg.

Nope 💯 respect for Burg. Just merely made one small statement and this is what followed. Is very entertaining though. Yes my team did lose to Burg but I never once blamed anyone else

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Why did Waverly keep kicking to matthews?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Wheelersburg 49 Waverly 0

Post by mattash »

Wheelersburg 49 Waverly 0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
RoadMan
Riding the Bench

Re: Wheelersburg 49 Waverly 0

Post by RoadMan »

fbnut - illegal equipment could be jewelry, the "live-strong" bands, knots hanging out of a helmet from a bandanna of some sort. It is my understanding that the officials are to ask each HC prior to the game about being legally equipped, then should a player come out wearing something that is not legal they are to penalize them. I have also heard that wearing equipment illegally (chin snaps not snapped, pants not over the knees, no mouthpiece, etc., would lead to play being stopped and the player sent out until legally equipped. I would defer to any official who would like to chime in though.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:42 pm Why did Waverly keep kicking to matthews?
Made no since! Told my buddy why are they kicking to him. One punt they did angle it and it worked for them no return

Return to “Football”