Wheelersburg 49 Waverly 0

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK 7: Wheelersburg (5-1) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by greygoose »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:35 pm These penalties are embarrassing. Phantom holding calls ever time burg gets a big play..
Love comments like these like you're paying attention to everyone out there and have the right angle to see it all, LOL. Up 28-0

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Re: WK 7: Wheelersburg (6-1) @ Waverly (7-0)

Post by d-5 »

14U wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:48 am
d-5 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:47 pm Burg 50
Waverly 3
Really? Lol! This is going to be a good game and will take 4 quarters of good football to win this game
Final 49-0 Really ?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Man oh man, even if they were healthy Waverly wouldn't have closed the gap up much. I really figured 1st year QB, big to game, burg at home he`d struggle

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Pirates made a statement to the SOC tonight. You better be prepared.

Great win!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I would say waverly could have made more of a game of it but burg did force the turnovers. These were athletic moves by the defenses breaking on the ball.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:54 pm This score is gonna be u-u-g-g-l-l-y-y by the end. Hope all players come out halfway healthy, something the whirlpool can take care of if they even use them anymore.
Most of us on here could see the writing on the wall beforehand.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Waverly offense is too predictable.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Sports-nut wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:15 pm Waverly offense is too predictable.
This is what I said going into the game. Not sure who is play calling but they really need to do some self evaluating and look at the play calling tendencies they've created. Then try to adjust otherwise Waverly will be on the short end of of games like this against teams better than them.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Back to the drawing board for Waverly. Really thought they would make this competitive.

That being said, they will probably make the playoffs, but come to a very ugly end at the hands of either Wyoming or Massie.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Otto wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:55 pm Back to the drawing board for Waverly. Really thought they would make this competitive.

That being said, they will probably make the playoffs, but come to a very ugly end at the hands of either Wyoming or Massie.
Waverly will have their hands full next Friday as West comes to town. West beat Valley 29-6 in one half of play.
West will run the ball and run the ball some more so the Tigers better figure out how to stop it.
West has a great run defense so Waverly better get more creative on offense...... at 8-2 in region 16 its no guarantee the Tigers make the playoffs.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:03 am
Otto wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:55 pm Back to the drawing board for Waverly. Really thought they would make this competitive.

Waverly will have their hands full next Friday as West comes to town. West beat Valley 29-6 in one half of play.
West will run the ball and run the ball some more so the Tigers better figure out how to stop it.
West has a great run defense so Waverly better get more creative on offense...... at 8-2 in region 16 its no guarantee the Tigers make the playoffs.
Yeah with West and that running game I dont think Waverly takes that one. They'll have to finish 8-2 but in that region they'll be sitting at the 7/8 seed. Simply running bubble screen right/left, handoff, seem route isn't going to get it done. I really hope Crabtree steps in and fixes the play calling situation he might have to get more hands on with it or get someone else involved be sure I know he's more of the defensive guy. At this point the tiger run defense is what it is I just don't think they have the personel to handle the run.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Didn't get to this game, way to take care of business. Week 8 is next up go get another W.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 am
smurray wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:03 am

Yeah with West and that running game I dont think Waverly takes that one. They'll have to finish 8-2 but in that region they'll be sitting at the 7/8 seed. Simply running bubble screen right/left, handoff, seem route isn't going to get it done. I really hope Crabtree steps in and fixes the play calling situation he might have to get more hands on with it or get someone else involved be sure I know he's more of the defensive guy. At this point the tiger run defense is what it is I just don't think they have the personel to handle the run.
I agree, It was good enough to beat the enferior teams but had it not been for two pics (one the game winning pic 6) against Valley, we were in danger of losing that one.
Tigers cannot line up and run the same 5 plays over and over and expect to win on talent alone.
As for the defense, I don’t know what you do at this point of the season to stop the run...

Talking 8-2 and slipping into the playoffs at the 7 or 8 seed, Minford & Logan aren’t automatic wins either.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Massie destroyed Western Brown last night, who took Jackson to the test, who Wheelersburg beat with ease. I know you shouldn't compare scores but after the thumping Burg put on Waverly last night I'd say they want no part of Massie.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:28 am

Massie destroyed Western Brown last night, who took Jackson to the test, who Wheelersburg beat with ease. I know you shouldn't compare scores but after the thumping Burg put on Waverly last night I'd say they want no part of Massie.
Nor does wheelersburg. Massie beat Hartley who destroyed wheelersburg. Massie would put a running clock on wheelersburg.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am

Nor does wheelersburg. Massie beat Hartley who destroyed wheelersburg. Massie would put a running clock on wheelersburg.
Agree

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Disparity last several years in SOC is crazy. Hard to figure how no SOC team can even be competitive against Burg.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am

After Hartley series is over I would like to see Massey on the burgs schedule
Outcome doesn’t matter just compete
Final score didn’t indiacate it but burg competed with Hartley and they are a better team having went to Columbus and playing that game

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

rxburgfan wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am Disparity last several years in SOC is crazy. Hard to figure how no SOC team can even be competitive against Burg.
Given that Waverly is young and beat up I don't think anyone thought this would be close. After this season I do think you'll start to see that gap close from every team including minford. Noypt say I g they're taking the crown yet but I do believe the competitive balance of things will begin to even out.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I figured this game would be closer and waverly didn't score a measly point. Good luck to the Burg the rest of the season and Waverly alsod

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

Return to “Football”