Wheelersburg 49 Waverly 0

JTEK
All State

Re: WK 7: Wheelersburg (5-1) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by JTEK »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:24 pm
fbnut wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:18 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:10 pm The difference is Clinton Massie played Hartley and won , Burg Played Hartley and got a running clock . burg is good program , don’t play Clinton
Massie
Why not?
What’s it hurt if you lose.
Burg competed with Hartley. Burg kids never quit. Burg kids didn’t get beat up. There better now because they played them. I think burg could compete with Massie. They may end up losing by 3-4-5 tds but if they come out of the game a better team than they went in then put them on the schedule.

I agree it will make them better if they don’t lose a lot of players . I would expect a similar or worse result than the running clock Hartley Gave Burg
I thought the last 2 times burg played Hartley that physicality wise the burg took it to them. Put Hartley on a bus for 3 hrs and bring them to burg and the game would have been a lot closer.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

JTEK wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:35 pm
fbnut wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Why not?
What’s it hurt if you lose.
Burg competed with Hartley. Burg kids never quit. Burg kids didn’t get beat up. There better now because they played them. I think burg could compete with Massie. They may end up losing by 3-4-5 tds but if they come out of the game a better team than they went in then put them on the schedule.

I agree it will make them better if they don’t lose a lot of players . I would expect a similar or worse result than the running clock Hartley Gave Burg
I thought the last 2 times burg played Hartley that physicality wise the burg took it to them. Put Hartley on a bus for 3 hrs and bring them to burg and the game would have been a lot closer.
The score was 51-20 man . Running clock . No worries , I’m sure the bus ride was the difference.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:38 pm

The score was 51-20 man . Running clock . No worries , I’m sure the bus ride was the difference.
Never said the bus ride was the difference but highschool kids do not do well when they go to school all day then you put them on a bus for 3 hrs to go play a good team in a unfamiliar environment. We can disagree, no harm in that. I think the game would have been closer if it was at burg

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

JTEK wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:48 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:38 pm
Never said the bus ride was the difference but highschool kids do not do well when they go to school all day then you put them on a bus for 3 hrs to go play a good team in a unfamiliar environment. We can disagree, no harm in that. I think the game would have been closer if it was at burg

In every game there is things that happen for both teams that effect the outcome. Fans tend to focus only the things that effect their team. The final score is the only thing that matters . As I said when this game happened . Proud of Burg for stepping up and taking this game

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

So you don’t thinks it’s anykind of an advantage at all for one team to travel 3 hrs?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

JTEK wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:54 pm So you don’t thinks it’s anykind of an advantage at all for one team to travel 3 hrs?
Sitting on a bus listen to headphones for a few hours ??? Eh maybe some but they all sit in class all day. I’ll assume they arrived early enough to warm up , stretch ect. Always tough to win on the road

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg going to Minford not much of home field advantage. Playoffs not to big a deal because both teams are traveling. Discuss it all you want but I would take someone traveling to my place from 3 hours away every time over me going 3 hours to their place

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

fbnut wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:23 pm Burg going to Minford not much of home field advantage. Playoffs not to big a deal because both teams are traveling. Discuss it all you want but I would take someone traveling to my place from 3 hours away every time over me going 3 hours to their place

I’ll take the team with the superior talent reguardless how far they bus driver drives

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Would love to see Burg and CM start up a series. Sounds fun. Two high end programs.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:28 am
Otto wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:55 pm Back to the drawing board for Waverly. Really thought they would make this competitive.

That being said, they will probably make the playoffs, but come to a very ugly end at the hands of either Wyoming or Massie.
Massie destroyed Western Brown last night, who took Jackson to the test, who Wheelersburg beat with ease. I know you shouldn't compare scores but after the thumping Burg put on Waverly last night I'd say they want no part of Massie.
Nor does wheelersburg. Massie beat Hartley who destroyed wheelersburg. Massie would put a running clock on wheelersburg.
Never said they did, now did I? Besides, we won't see them but Waverly might. Good luck with that.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:10 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:28 am

Massie destroyed Western Brown last night, who took Jackson to the test, who Wheelersburg beat with ease. I know you shouldn't compare scores but after the thumping Burg put on Waverly last night I'd say they want no part of Massie.
Nor does wheelersburg. Massie beat Hartley who destroyed wheelersburg. Massie would put a running clock on wheelersburg.
Never said they did, now did I? Besides, we won't see them but Waverly might. Good luck with that.
Agree just a different level than area schools

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Interesting that hartleys 2 losses are on the road, a 3 hr drive and one Well over an hour on a bus
And Massey’s is on the road well over 2 hours on a bus but yet you think that it highschool kids aren’t affected at all by long bus rides
Last edited by fbnut on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

fbnut wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:44 pm

Interesting that hartleys 2 losses are on the road, a 3 hr drive and one Well over an hour on a bus
And Massey’s is on the road well over 2 hours on a bus but yet you think that it makes no difference where you play
How far was the drive to Massillon last year ?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:58 pm

And Massey’s is on the road well over 2 hours on a bus but yet you think that it makes no difference where you play
About 3 hrs for Eastwood, 3 1/2 - 4 for burg
I think it was mentioned that in the playoffs both teams travel

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

fbnut wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 pm

Who won ?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:04 pm

Who won ?
Not understanding what your asking both teams traveled
Someone had to win
Wonder if that’s why ohsaa tries to find a neutral site an equal travel distance for both teams

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:04 pm

Who won ?
Burg went up the day before and stayed in a Hotel. And then we all know the outcome of that one. It must have been the Continental Breakfast.

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

Travel plays a role on some games. For the game everyone is talking about Burg travelled 2 plus hours on a day which was 90 degrees out on school buses where A/C is not great. I’m sure that effected some kids. Not saying that was the complete reason the game ended the way it did but some could say that played a role. Also many people forget that the game was very close in the second half and burg had a few turnovers which made the score differential larger than the competition on the field.
Many people just get tired of Wheelersburg constant winning will take the shots at them when they can. Not very many give them their due.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Burg 49 Waverly 0 end of story!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Were most of you talking about Hartley beating Burg even at the game? I don't care what anyone says, Hartley got away with holding ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!

They could not keep the DE's from getting around them so they would just grab them. Stidham and Wilson were held every time they got around the O-line. There was even one poster in the Burg-Hartley thread that made the comment you have to adjust to the no holding calls when you go to Columbus. Just how in the hell do you do that especially if your defense is geared on putting pressure on the QB or in clogging up the back field!!

The biggest no hold call was on the fake punt. The end on that side was getting ready to make the tackle and the O-linemen just hooked him and took him down. Different ballgame IMO if Burg gets the ball there and goes down and scores. they had just put two scores back to back and had Hartley thinking this team can play.

They also held Holden all night on the defensive side. Tanner would put a move on him at the line and get around the guy and he would just reach out and grab Tanner. It was quite pathetic to watch out of a referee crew.

As far as Burg play Clinton Massie, sure they might get beat and they might get beat bad but guess what?? At least Burg has the balls to play a team like that and would fight with them to the very end!!!!!!

Return to “Football”